A Message from the Emperor of the New Pacific Order

The logs I read showed NPO countering the offer made by the Polar Coalition (I have no confirmation, but I understand the NpO Company found this counter offer pretty close to acceptable), and then Farin showing up and throwing down an even lower counter.  

Let's be fair here when we talk about propaganda.

Meh.  Thread seems like a whole lot of whining from both sides.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farrin, we made progress, we should have had this closed out and done. Acting like a petulent child and storming out of the room in the previous talks, followed by grandstanding days later... One would think you wish to extend this war.

I am just the news man these days.

Oh please. Edited by Lord Levistus

I came here looking for some intelligent discourse and I should have known better. Hereno sums it up perfectly:

Looks like the mouthbreathers from the other side are already climbing over each other to smear their own feces all over this thread.

If the aim of this war has been not only to break Pacifica but to lower the collective intelligence of everyone reading the crap posts here I would say y'all have done a good job on the latter.  Good luck with the former.

Thank you Farrin for being steadfast and striving for clarity, even though it falls on apparently deaf ears and dead brains.

Edited by Xantha

I wanted to stay out of what is certainly going to turn into a train wreck of a thread. But it is false logic to say that the terms you are demanding would do less harm then coming out of peace mode and fighitng. This is because coming out and fighting does damage to the other side making the damage less in relative terms i.e. everyone falls a little bit. 

The Pingu fan club. 

This would be acceptable. But surely it includes all members of both coalitions, and even some accursed neutrals. It could be confusing.

Personally, I consider this a Stability Operation and the original Polar declaration a Preemptive self defense action. Considering your side's scheming it makes sense.

OOC: On my phone. Will provide detail from my laptop.

"Anti-Scheming Self-defending Coalition Leading Operations to Win Nations' Stability" - Is that right?

RnR and NSO seem to be the only real "losing" alliances on this "side" of the war, statistically. Nearly all of the top damage and military prowess is from the so-called "losing" side. I doubt NG will leave the war, and NoR will stay as long as NG is in. 

I do find it odd that this war, started by a so-called "pre-emptive strike" against NSO, has continued despite the neutralization of NSO. The NPO side of the war only remains in the war because the Polar side refuses to exit after their objective has been achieved. There will be no victory here, only white peace. The only decision the Polar coalition has to make is how many of their pixels they want lain to waste before they finally admit they can achieve no real victory here.

Edited by Opportunity

Farrin, we made progress, we should have had this closed out and done. Acting like a petulent child and storming out of the room in the previous talks, followed by grandstanding days later... One would think you wish to extend this war.

Oh please.

I'll have to agree with this.

Meanwhile, friends of allies and respected members of our opposing coalition like R&R continue to take damage for a cause that is not their own for an alliance admittedly trying to do what's best for them.

The telling part in the beautifully written piece of rhetoric was where debts were paid by their allies, as if they hadn't been until this point.

Edited by IYIyTh

I didn't want to post but screw it. These infra heavy nations that you use as banks only sure have a lot of tech for just being banks. It's pretty obvious that the terms are meant to limit tech importation for these banks rather then rebuilding aid to the lower tier. If it was aimed at rebuilding aid it would be a blanket aid ban. But nice spin.

We offered terms where those nations can receive no aid, but are allowed to send aid out still. It was rejected.

Oh please.

Farrin made an offer that was rejected. Your side then refused to make a counter-offer. Edited by Jesse End

This would be acceptable. But surely it includes all members of both coalitions, and even some accursed neutrals. It could be confusing.

"Anti-Scheming Self-defending Coalition Leading Operations to Win Nations' Stability" - Is that right?

Fair enough.

Also, don't feed the Tywinn for our collective sanity.

RnR and NSO seem to be the only real "losing" alliances on this "side" of the war, statistically. Nearly all of the top damage and military prowess is from the so-called "losing" side. I doubt NG will leave the war, and NoR will stay as long as NG is in. 

I do find it odd that this war, started by a so-called "pre-emptive strike" against NSO, has continued despite the neutralization of NSO. The NPO side of the war only remains in the war because the Polar side refuses to exit after their objective has been achieved. There will be no victory here, only white peace. The only decision the Polar coalition has to make is how many of their pixels they want lain to waste before they finally admit they can achieve no real victory here.

Well, damn. I didn't see it like that. Can we surrender to you personally, Dr Manhattan style?

We offered terms where those nations can receive no aid, but are allowed to send aid out still. It was denied.

Would it not be more beneficial to have the nations currently sitting in peace mode to come out and fight so that the terms that you guys get will be far less severe? It simply would show that the New Pacific Order has fighting spirit throughout the ranks rather than being scared of a little colour. Your allies have done so, what makes Pacifica so special?

Would it not be more beneficial to have the nations currently sitting in peace mode to come out and fight so that the terms that you guys get will be far less severe? It simply would show that the New Pacific Order has fighting spirit throughout the ranks rather than being scared of a little colour. Your allies have done so, what makes Pacifica so special?

First of all, they've made it very clear that they want to cripple us, and there's been no guarantee that burning those nations will change the terms. Plus, two of them HAVE come out of PM, and there's been no change in their offer.

Second of all, lets play with those actual facts things again.

Our pre-war strength was 12,575,310 NS
Our current strength is 5,756,099 NS

We had 107 nations above 50k, now we have 37, so 34% remaining of our 50k+ NS nations.
Our starting 50k+ nations have lost 48% of the total alliance losses, while being 30% of the alliance by number.
Our 50k+ NS nations alone have lost more NS than NSO has lost as a whole, and our alliance has lost more than NSO's total size on Nov 1.

We offered terms where those nations can receive no aid, but are allowed to send aid out still. It was rejected.

Farrin made an offer that was rejected. Your side then refused to make a counter-offer.

Farrin's final offer was productive in every way except that he went backwards on time, which is why it was rejected. He then immediatly stormed out of the room and has yet to return.

Edit: I stand corrected, he rejoined about 2 hours ago, but I hadn't noticed since there hasn't been any activity there yet Edited by Lord Levistus

First of all, they've made it very clear that they want to cripple us, and there's been no guarantee that burning those nations will change the terms. Plus, two of them HAVE come out of PM, and there's been no change in their offer.

So you're assuming we're trying to lure your nations out of peace, beat on them, and then enforce the same terms as we initially proposed? Aside from that being incredibly unrealistic, it's incredibly paranoid. You expect us to trust you in every offering, but watch us with a distrusting eye. Did you expect that two nations was going to flip the entire peace process and have us come out with white peace? I'm not sure what planet you live on.

The logs I read showed NPO countering the offer made by the Polar Coalition (I have no confirmation, but I understand the NpO Company found this counter offer pretty close to acceptable), and then Farin showing up and throwing down an even lower counter.

I'll have to agree with this.

Meanwhile, friends of allies and respected members of our opposing coalition like R&R continue to take damage for a cause that is not their own for an alliance admittedly trying to do what's best for them.

I'm just going to go ahead and call you all out on your PR response to this thread. We all know you weren't close to accepting terms, which was indicated by your slowly lowering reparations (which, btw, is the same amount of time it would have been since the start of peace talks), your responses in the conversations, and the "mind boggling" change between NPO's two counter offers. So just going to say that this is not true what so ever, but I love your retort attempts.

It is funny hearing about how NPO entered on an MDP and how that should exclude it from comparable reduction. When they slapped IAA with the worst terms despite entering on an MDP.

Let's just get this out of the way.  Whatever terms were imposed on or by NPO for Karma or pre-Karma are ancient and irrelevant.

First of all, they've made it very clear that they want to cripple us, and there's been no guarantee that burning those nations will change the terms. Plus, two of them HAVE come out of PM, and there's been no change in their offer.Second of all, lets play with those actual facts things again.Our pre-war strength was 12,575,310 NSOur current strength is 5,756,099 NSWe had 107 nations above 50k, now we have 37, so 34% remaining of our 50k+ NS nations.Our starting 50k+ nations have lost 48% of the total alliance losses, while being 30% of the alliance by number.Our 50k+ NS nations alone have lost more NS than NSO has lost as a whole, and our alliance has lost more than NSO's total size on Nov 1.

I refuted all this here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/blog/868/entry-3946-why-war-means-peace-how-npo-is-preventing-peace-talks/

Farrin's final offer was productive in every way except that he went backwards on time, which is why it was rejected. He then immediatly stormed out of the room and has yet to return.

Edit: I stand corrected, he rejoined about 2 hours ago, but I hadn't noticed since there hasn't been any activity there yet

Uhh what? lol

Our previous offer was 45 days of no receving aid, which was rejected, then [22:46:57] <&Farrin[NPO]> Our counter offer is 0.5x the length of the war, our nations in PM at the time of the signing of peace minus our Senators, no sending/receiving aid. Assuming the war doesn't drag on much longer. I'd prefer a set number of days, but...

which was rejected again, then your side refused to make a counter offer, so Farrin left.

So you're assuming we're trying to lure your nations out of peace, beat on them, and then enforce the same terms as we initially proposed? Aside from that being incredibly unrealistic, it's incredibly paranoid. You expect us to trust you in every offering, but watch us with a distrusting eye. Did you expect that two nations was going to flip the entire peace process and have us come out with white peace? I'm not sure what planet you live on.

"Trust me, I won't hurt you"

Seriously?

Last I checked, the opposing side wasn't trusting NPO to do anything on good faith. I'm not sure what "offering" you're referring to.

No !@#$ we don't trust your coalition. Your side has stated that we're a threat and need to be neutralized.

I refuted all this here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/blog/868/entry-3946-why-war-means-peace-how-npo-is-preventing-peace-talks/

Lol no, you haven't refuted anything

I'm just going to go ahead and call you all out on your PR response to this thread. We all know you weren't close to accepting terms, which was indicated by your slowly lowering reparations (which, btw, is the same amount of time it would have been since the start of peace talks), your responses in the conversations, and the "mind boggling" change between NPO's two counter offers. So just going to say that this is not true what so ever, but I love your retort attempts.

PR responses to a PR thread? say it isn't so?