The Roman Empire & International Commonwealth of Nations invade COMECON

Gorbachov

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no. The message was deleted for some reason and none of the recipients could find it. As it happened the dispora occurred while I had a bunch of people over so I couldn't really do anything other be annoyed until the next day when the message was gone.

Hmm. As things stand, unless the message blatantly encouraged joining comecon and given the fact nobody bothered to double-check these sorts of things, I find the idea of collusion to be unlikely. If said nation deleted, they probably wouldn't have cared about implicating an innocent party, and judging from what I've seen thus far, you two micros have been suspicious of each other previously.

None of the alliances involved have done enough to encourage me to support them over anyone else involved... though as the matter is claimed to have been 'resolved', this doesn't really matter. It is still useful to clear up the amount of uncertainty over what exactly has been going down in micro-land.

Edited by RevolutionaryRebel

Unfortunately no. The message was deleted for some reason and none of the recipients could find it. As it happened the dispora occurred while I had a bunch of people over so I couldn't really do anything other be annoyed until the next day when the message was gone.

It is impossible for a message like that to be deleted unless every single recipient deleted it (unlikely due to the likelihood of inactive rulers) or it was never sent at all. Next time, if something like this happens, get a hold of a hard copy and save it so that you would be able to keep it as evidence for a later time.

If you're going to declare war, declare it publicly. Provide your casus beli in the process. Don't wait for an informal post in the wrong place before admitting to declaring war (this should have been raised in Alliance Announcements). 'Losing' valuable information like that is considered tantamount to an absence of evidence by observers, and while you may get away with informal DoWs as a tiny micro, it is incredibly poor form.

I would prefer not be forced to demonstrate how much CB-less war decs suck for the victim, much less jumping like this without thinking, or a formal declaration. Seeing ICoN involed is disappointing.

Unfortunately we are, as you say, micros and I hadn't really known the process for declaring war before now.

It happens every so often. To be honest, I wouldn't really recommend trying to start an alliance without previous experience in this game, based on the incredibly low success rate. It's too easy to be duped/manipulated by less scrupulous individuals, of fail to understand the many concepts in the game that pose barriers to new alliances (such as tech/xp raiding and inter-alliance warfare). That said, it IS possible, but you have to have both a little bit of luck, patience and the right temperament. Leading a micro full of new nations is a challenge even with some experience, as can probably be seen in the alliances that collapsed last year (PNU springs to mind).

My main pieces of advice would be to always look for second opinions and never let you be confined by the opinions and prejudices of older leaders. You will need to listen and learn from more experienced players in order to succeed, but you should try and do so without letting them force you down any particular political path.