They made me wake up for this?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the power of friendship as my alliance holds public treaties. However, all of WD attacking was far from needed maybe a few nations at tops. Once again taking the odds completely against warriors to the top. SHAME SHAME.

Yourselves and Warriors have a combined 460k NS. OP, TPC and WD have a combined 279k NS. How that means that the odds are massively against Warriors/Misfits, I'll never know. 

Edited by Schad

Yourselves and Warriors have a combined 460k NS. OP, TPC and WD have a combined 279k NS. How that means that the odds are massively against Warriors/Misfits, I'll never know. 

Taking misfits and OP out of the stats and it is 300k vs 200k with a large portion of TPC not yet built and WD have the capability to boost an extra 20k+ Edited by EddyH

One of our gov members was approached about peace between OP and Misfits. While we respect Misfits for a fair and legitimate first strike, It has and will always be OP policy to never leave allies on the battlefield. To that OP will make peace with noone, we fight until the round is over.

Edited by paul711

One of our gov members was approached about peace between OP and Misfits. While we respect Misfits for a fair and legitimate first strike, It has and will always be OP policy to never leave allies on the battlefield. To that OP will make peace with noone, we fight until the round is over.

Yep, that was me. Was just getting a picture of the timeframe for peace, guess i'll take this as your answer. Good luck

Taking misfits and OP out of the stats and it is 300k vs 200k with a large portion of TPC not yet built and WD have the capability to boost an extra 20k+

OP is part of the stats, as they are at war with Warriors. Look, I understand you're trying to stick up for Warriors. Maybe you feel partially responsible because you DoWed without them. But you're not doing them any favors because you're forcing people to reinerate how screwed up this war is, and why another AA had to step in.

Taking misfits and OP out of the stats and it is 300k vs 200k with a large portion of TPC not yet built and WD have the capability to boost an extra 20k+

If WD has the capacity to boost 20k, and all of TPC's not-yet-built nations could get to 10k (they can't, but for the sake of argument), Warriors would still be larger than TPC + WD.

Steady on, lads; I'm confident that you turn a 65% NS advantage into victory, even if you aren't. 

I'm just trying to make things look better, we are in this til the end now due to OP going for honor instead of using their brains and thinking tactics rather than balls.
But it is what it is now, all we can do if get on with it.

Edited by EddyH

I'm not looking to stick up for anybody here. As far as I know I'm on fairly neutral terms with most of these alliances. Obviously if 4 alliances can coordinate to declare like they did obviously they can coordinate attacks so I don't see that as an issue. No offense Paul but to the publics eyes you have been honored for this war with the misfits alone but from what I've seen in game is your members showing bitterness towards it. I even asked for your advice in game on my personal members to see where misfits need work still. I'm not sure if you planned to get back to me or ignore me. (I could be wrong here) I apologized to your leader for how things played out and he gave me a pretty half ass friendly response. So help me understand how you seem respectful to the public but it appears to me we are chumps for our move. I've also heard bad things behind closed doors.

I'm not looking to stick up for anybody here. As far as I know I'm on fairly neutral terms with most of these alliances. Obviously if 4 alliances can coordinate to declare like they did obviously they can coordinate attacks so I don't see that as an issue. No offense Paul but to the publics eyes you have been honored for this war with the misfits alone but from what I've seen in game is your members showing bitterness towards it. I even asked for your advice in game on my personal members to see where misfits need work still. I'm not sure if you planned to get back to me or ignore me. (I could be wrong here) I apologized to your leader for how things played out and he gave me a pretty half ass friendly response. So help me understand how you seem respectful to the public but it appears to me we are chumps for our move. I've also heard bad things behind closed doors.

Well I cannot comment on remarks made about things behind closed doors. I can comment on your pm asking me about which misfit nations were fighting and which could do better. I actually did make a list with every intent to give it to you but not while we were at war. Why would i help an enemy fight better against my mates? That is asinine to even think.

This is a game and my competitive nature takes hold of me and prevents me from doing the enemies job for them. SORRY Edited by paul711

odds?
We declared up
They had nukes and navy which takes time, we just started getting ours.
They had their top ten in the top 5% before yesterday
They were fighting two offensive wars. One was legit but wouldn't be terribly difficult and the other was a massive curb stomp. So no defensive wars yet.
Their post on OWF practically begged for us to attack.
They had 4 of their nations in the top five ranks. Nation #1, #2, #3, and #5
They had an easy time with all their current opponents.

Sorry (not really) but the warriors still have odds on us.

1. We had nukes and navy because we are at war, you usually need those. We were in the top 5% because we are at war and fully built up. We are fighting two offensive wars, yes, but don't act like OP vs Misfits was fair anyway, Misfits hit OP and were totally fine with us joining in and picking up TPC to give ourselves more targets, I guess you could say we're "partially involved" in a war with OP. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the nation count for both sides when tW started their war was roughly 50/50. Granted TPC and OP had half their guys not built up (no idea why, you had $25Mil to use) so that made our job a little easier, why you would need to stack 15 more nations against tW is beyond me, but I guess that's what happens when you have some people crying about "curbstomps" when really they're just getting a dose what what they did last round. 

2. I don't know what post you're talking about where tW "practically begged" for you to attack, we were fighting our war, dishing out our "revenge" for last round (albeit a little more fairly), really we didn't need you to come into it and put your nose where it doesn't belong. 

"We declared up" 

Everyone, the War Doves idea of declaring up means hitting an AA that is already completely at war. You guys are ballsy, not for hitting us, but for taking part in an actual dirty declare in TE. 

Where's King James? He's the only person still around here I still like. 

And yes, my ruler name doesn't match, I already requested it to be changed, so don't get smart with me. 

o/ war

o/ tW 

o~ TPC

o. OP

WD

p.s. I hate you all.  :gag:

Well I cannot comment on remarks made about things behind closed doors. I can comment on your pm asking me about which misfit nations were fighting and which could do better. I actually did make a list with every intent to give it to you but not while we were at war. Why would i help an enemy fight better against my mates? That is asinine to even think.

This is a game and my competitive nature takes hold of me and prevents me from doing the enemies job for them. SORRY

A simple response would have done the trick :D just being friendly and trying to dodge forever enemies!

I don't know why I'm going to try, but what the hell. First of all, WD's do not have a treaty with OP or TPC. What I can't get you guys to understand is that we don't need treaties to help someone when it's apparent you're trying to force them from the game. WD's was in no way obligated to help anyone. We saw what was clearly wrong, and came to their defense because we don't want to see this game die.

But saying only a couple nations were needed is not true at all. I've studied every single war Warriors declared since they entered. The gaps in NS were disgusting. I urge you to go look. I did my homework. We're still at a numbers disadvantage. But if we take any odds away from Warriors it won't be shame on us. Warriors lost that war last round because they as one alliance, couldn't out coordinate 4 different AA's top tiers. Do you realize how hard it is to get one AA to coordnate attacks, let alone 4? But you do have one valid point, Kaboom. And that's no one has a 100% elite AA. But I'll see what my neutral training AA that has people that have never warred before in it, can do. It can get spun however you want to spin it. We're updeclaring. Anyone with common sense can see that.

I guess you don't know Paul that well. 

Catch me on IRC sometime? I'd like to talk, even if we disagree. 

I guess you don't know Paul that well. 
Catch me on IRC sometime? I'd like to talk, even if we disagree. 

WOW you guys commit one curbstomp after another now this war. The only way for you guys to best us is to have massive advantages you know it, i know it, and so does everyone else. All one has to do is go back through the form archives and see that in every fair fight we owned you guys back to your LE days.

You hit us while we were at war then throw in TPC who hadn't built up and you are painting me out to be the third anti-christ.... Wow. Edited by paul711

Everyone, the War Doves idea of declaring up means hitting an AA that is already completely at war. You guys are ballsy, not for hitting us, but for taking part in an actual dirty declare in TE. 

Hitting OP when they're already completely at war, running the NS ratio above 2 to 1: perfectly legitimate.

Hitting Warriors when they're already completely at war, lowering the NS ratio to 1.6 to 1: dirty and unfathomably evil.

Again, it'd take a massive effort on the part of Warriors/Misfits to exit this with anything less than a convincing victory. Stiffen thine upper lip and welcome WD to the war, because this is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen judged as an outrage.

Personally I think we should all take this short round to settle any grudges and what not. Grab ourselves 5-10 days of peace and then organise a date and time and just let it rip. That's my 2 cents. No cheap shots, no special blitz treatment. Just a good old showdown.

TE needs to move on from all this grudge stuff and move into the direction of rebuilding the numbers.

Edited by EddyH

Hitting OP when they're already completely at war, running the NS ratio above 2 to 1: perfectly legitimate.

18 vs what was it? 26? 

Come up with something better than NS ratios, pls. 

pls Schad. 

pls.

I'll recycle my own post. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but the nation count for both sides when tW started their war was roughly 50/50. Granted TPC and OP had half their guys not built up (no idea why, you had $25Mil to use) so that made our job a little easier, why you would need to stack 15 more nations against tW is beyond me, but I guess that's what happens when you have some people crying about "curbstomps" when really they're just getting a dose what what they did last round. "

1. We had nukes and navy because we are at war, you usually need those. We were in the top 5% because we are at war and fully built up. We are fighting two offensive wars, yes, but don't act like OP vs Misfits was fair anyway, Misfits hit OP and were totally fine with us joining in and picking up TPC to give ourselves more targets, I guess you could say we're "partially involved" in a war with OP. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the nation count for both sides when tW started their war was roughly 50/50. Granted TPC and OP had half their guys not built up (no idea why, you had $25Mil to use) so that made our job a little easier, why you would need to stack 15 more nations against tW is beyond me, but I guess that's what happens when you have some people crying about "curbstomps" when really they're just getting a dose what what they did last round. 

2. I don't know what post you're talking about where tW "practically begged" for you to attack, we were fighting our war, dishing out our "revenge" for last round (albeit a little more fairly), really we didn't need you to come into it and put your nose where it doesn't belong. 

"We declared up" 

Where's King James? He's the only person still around here I still like. 

And yes, my ruler name doesn't match, I already requested it to be changed, so don't get smart with me. 

o/ war
o/ tW 
o~ TPC
o. OP
    WD

p.s. I hate you all.  :gag:

A. Yes you had nukes and navy, how does already being at war and easily beating your opponents change that in a way to make it less dangerous for us to declare? It won't change that you have those advantages.
B. You are in the top5%, how does that change the fact that after full militarization we knew we would still be declaring up and would suffer a counter attack?

A. Again I point to the thread about special edition cry babies. If that isn't begging for it than I have no.idea what it. You are just mad that you are the defenders.
B. "Already at war" and curb stomping them. If the fight was more even I doubt we would have declared. Also with so many nations near the top you should have known another AA would jump in so you didn't run away with the round potentially.
C. Also the fact that we found so many nations with open defensive slots proves you guys were not at "war", you were just curb stomping the other AA.

You are mad because you knew OP and TPC could not do damage to your upper tier and then we come along and do damage to your upper tier. Basically we rained on your parade and it annoys you that someone is getting in the way of you curb stomping OP and TPC.

Here is what throws your arguments to the wind. I looked on the war screen of those I declared on, their OP and TPC targets were almost all beat down to 4k-7k NS. Hardly a factor any more. So it is not like we are even receiving help some of the time against your upper tier.
War doves vs the warriors upper tier
Don't give me this garbage about the odds being stacked against the warriors. You still very much have good odds.
You are mad that War Doves helped send over half of the warriors into anarchy, and beat half.the top ten nations out of the top 5% and that a couple of your big guys are already nearing bill lock.

Personally I think we should all take this short round to settle any grudges and what not. Grab ourselves 5-10 days of peace and then organise a date and time and just let it rip. That's my 2 cents. No cheap shots, no special blitz treatment. Just a good old showdown.

TE needs to move on from all this grudge stuff and move into the direction of rebuilding the numbers.

I like you too. 

Make that 2 people on my 'like' list. 

18 vs what was it? 26? 

Come up with something better than NS ratios, pls. 

pls Schad. 

pls.

I'll recycle my own post. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but the nation count for both sides when tW started their war was roughly 50/50. Granted TPC and OP had half their guys not built up (no idea why, you had $25Mil to use) so that made our job a little easier, why you would need to stack 15 more nations against tW is beyond me, but I guess that's what happens when you have some people crying about "curbstomps" when really they're just getting a dose what what they did last round. "

It's something of a fact of life in TE that many nations don't build up early; hell, many never build up if they give up on trades. It's no secret that the aggressor has the advantage in any war, and that's particularly true early in rounds, when there's greater variation in opening moves...many in OP were, by build, anticipating that a 30-day round would produce a cagey start because everyone would want to finish strong, and thus you have a lot of econ builds. That doesn't devalue the idea of an early declaration, but it does lead to war where you already had a numeric advantage strongly favouring the two declarers, and after a couple days when that advantage had shown through in a big way, it does make it a wee bit absurd to complain about an addition of nations that aren't likely to swing the balance. 

As for crying, c'mon now. You're reacting to War Doves declaring a massively uphill war as if they sodomized your cat. 

A. Yes you had nukes and navy, how does already being at war and easily beating your opponents change that in a way to make it less dangerous for us to declare? It won't change that you have those advantages.
B. You are in the top5%, how does that change the fact that after full militarization we knew we would still be declaring up and would suffer a counter attack?

A. Again I point to the thread about special edition cry babies. If that isn't begging for it than I have no.idea what it. You are just mad that you are the defenders.
B. "Already at war" and curb stomping them. If the fight was more even I doubt we would have declared. Also with so many nations near the top you should have known another AA would jump in so you didn't run away with the round potentially.
C. Also the fact that we found so many nations with open defensive slots proves you guys were not at "war", you were just curb stomping the other AA.

You are mad because you knew OP and TPC could not do damage to your upper tier and then we come along and do damage to your upper tier. Basically we rained on your parade and it annoys you that someone is getting in the way of you curb stomping OP and TPC.

Here is what throws your arguments to the wind. I looked on the war screen of those I declared on, their OP and TPC targets were almost all beat down to 4k-7k NS. Hardly a factor any more. So it is not like we are even receiving help some of the time against your upper tier.
War doves vs the warriors upper tier
Don't give me this garbage about the odds being stacked against the warriors. You still very much have good odds.
You are mad that War Doves helped send over half of the warriors into anarchy, and beat half.the top ten nations out of the top 5% and that a couple of your big guys are already nearing bill lock.

So you're saying that because we were in full war-mode and had built better than you guys, you declaring on us was declaring up? 

Should we talk about slots? 

Should we talk about what a small nation in the hands of an experienced player can do? 

You may have declared up in NS, but stacking 3 fresh nations with fresh warchests on 2 nations with used warchests is not fair. Don't try to tell me it is. 

The thread you're pointing to was not posted by Warriors Gov, nor was it posted by the whole AA. 

"Curbstomping" them because they didn't build is stupid. Had they built up it wouldn't be a curbstomp would it? Has it occurred to you that maybe OP didn't build because they thought no one would hit them? 

It's a strategy we call sandbagging, and we kicked all their sandbags, the nation counts were fair so the only people at fault for this "curbstomp" are OP and the nations they didn't build up. 

A 4k NS nation is still dangerous, you're about to find that out the hard way. 

I never said the odds were stacked against the warriors, I said the nations were, you're still going to get wrecked, just like everyone else in this war, I'll personally make sure of it. 

And no, I'm not mad, I'm irritated. 

you're still going to get wrecked, just like everyone else in this war

This is one of those RL type wars, there will be no winners nor losers. That much is garuanteed. With this shaping into a full 20+days war and added to the fact everyone starts with 25mil, there will be a tonne of re-rolls which is an easy 8k ns.

So you're saying that because we were in full war-mode and had built better than you guys, you declaring on us was declaring up? 
Should we talk about slots? 
Should we talk about what a small nation in the hands of an experienced player can do? 

You may have declared up in NS, but stacking 3 fresh nations with fresh warchests on 2 nations with used warchests is not fair. Don't try to tell me it is. 

The thread you're pointing to was not posted by Warriors Gov, nor was it posted by the whole AA. 

"Curbstomping" them because they didn't build is stupid. Had they built up it wouldn't be a curbstomp would it? Has it occurred to you that maybe OP didn't build because they thought no one would hit them? 
It's a strategy we call sandbagging, and we kicked all their sandbags, the nation counts were fair so the only people at fault for this "curbstomp" are OP and the nations they didn't build up. 

A 4k NS nation is still dangerous, you're about to find that out the hard way. 

I never said the odds were stacked against the warriors, I said the nations were, you're still going to get wrecked, just like everyone else in this war, I'll personally make sure of it. 

And no, I'm not mad, I'm irritated.

oh this ought to be good.
4k NS is dangerous to 10-14k NS?
I think you saying that has pretty much made up my mind that I shouldn't bother responding any more as that statement made no sense. Ponting out the flaws in your other statements? Ain't nobody got time for that!
We should probably just stop replying to eachother from this point onward. Have a good day, and enjoy the war! You earned it!

I am actually having some fun this war the only thing that would make it better if my targets would actually attack instead of nuke turtleing,  common i am in need of more kills people

oh this ought to be good.
4k NS is dangerous to 10-14k NS?
I think you saying that has pretty much made up my mind that I shouldn't bother responding any more as that statement made no sense. Ponting out the flaws in your other statements? Ain't nobody got time for that!
We should probably just stop replying to eachother from this point onward. Have a good day, and enjoy the war! You earned it!

Ehhhh I have to disagree here. Like 2 rounds ago I was famous for rerolling and the last time I took the CIA maxed out spies and built for military around 5k wrecking kids at 9k easy.