Imperial announcement about random stuff

Wherein everyone argues that what is actually happening is the version of events most suitable to their needs in the hopes that anyone in a position to affect events will be stupid enough to believe it instead of making the best decision for themselves.

Must be Tuesday.

You.

You....

I like you.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I honestly had no idea :P Guess who isn't paying attention.

I'm unsure if IRON would actually go through with it given the amount of political capital burned by entering on the Polar side in the first place, but people have made stupider decisions in our world, nothing surprises me anymore.

I'll come out and say it, it was just as silly when NpO did it.

Ah well it's good to know that I will find tons of TOP posts condemning the obviously terrible action that occured in that other thread as well:

Skippy, on 02 Dec 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:
Good to see this, onwards Polaris!

Bob Ilyani, on 02 Dec 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:
Man, how I wish we could oA into this one. 

o/NpO

Saladjoe, on 02 Dec 2013 - 1:54 PM, said:
Hail Polaris. o/

Oh wait, nvm, I guess it's only terrible when someone else does it, carry on :/

You can't be serious that people actually fear or hope (depending on the side) that something like that will happen :psyduck: .

It was something that could have happened, I find it incredibly unlikely now that its gotten out though.

It was something that could have happened, I find it incredibly unlikely now that its gotten out though.

It's one of those quantum predictions: you can either state it or see it be proven right, but not both.

Wherein everyone argues that what is actually happening is the version of events most suitable to their needs in the hopes that anyone in a position to affect events will be stupid enough to believe it instead of making the best decision for themselves.

Must be Tuesday Everyday.

There, I fixed it for you

It's one of those quantum predictions: you can either state it or see it be proven right, but not both.

I am fairly certain even if IRON does pull a Bipolar they're ensuring their own destruction next war, where sticking with the Polar coalition this war at least gives them a chance to win the next round too.

I am fairly certain even if IRON does pull a Bipolar they're ensuring their own destruction next war, where sticking with the Polar coalition this war at least gives them a chance to win the next round too.

I'd wager the opposite, actually.

either way IRON is in a bad spot next war.

They retain a healthy and diverse set of connections.

The "choice" before them is not even a choice.  It's between resolving this war shortly and proceeding into a traditional post-war diplomatic arrangment where everybody starts making the moves they wanted to make before the war but couldn't due to ~honour~ or swapping sides late in a war ensuring both immediate destruction, statistical and diplomatic, and long-term pariah status.

The more you look at it and think about it, the more evident it becomes that the Usual Suspects wet dream would be tantamount to suicide on the part of IRON.

The "choice" before them is not even a choice.  It's between resolving this war shortly and proceeding into a traditional post-war diplomatic arrangment where everybody starts making the moves they wanted to make before the war but couldn't due to ~honour~ or swapping sides late in a war ensuring both immediate destruction, statistical and diplomatic, and long-term pariah status.

The more you look at it and think about it, the more evident it becomes that the Usual Suspects wet dream would be tantamount to suicide on the part of IRON.

So many people who aren't in IRON talking about what IRON should do, it's awesome :/

Don't most people.. get it out of their system before they go to bed? I don't know about you, but I haven't had a wet dream since I was in like the 7th grade. :|

Ah well it's good to know that I will find tons of TOP posts condemning the obviously terrible action that occured in that other thread as well:

You don't seem to understand the difference between condemning something and laughing at it.

No one is upset, and in fact many are happy, that TIO declared on us.

Edited by Azaghul

Surely "resolving this war shortly" could be achieved by offering NPO peace, instead of holding NPO at war indefinitely and blaming Us for prolonging the war by not peacing out.