Imperial announcement about random stuff

for those that remember, NSO/NG/NPO are the primaries in this war.  IF you want US out so bad.  Wrap up terms there and the whole thing folds up.  You are all making this a boring affair.

I heard white peace was being offered to them, that is awfully nice of them.

I thought peace was going to take longer but it looks like people are ready to sit around the table, lets put this boring war behind us.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today, I check the OWF, and I see this jewel of a thread. My reaction is best summed up by my good friend Agent Smith.

evil-agent-smith.jpg

If TOP manages to prove that TIO actually declared on them, do they get a special prize or something?  Because there must be something on the line for this much fuss to be made about a war.  

Unfortunately the war screen won't give us any evidence at the moment :P

Speaking of which, can we expect to see Scorponok come out to the war at all? Or has he failed to sufficiently prepare his nation for a war yet again?

Of course, since TIO is physically incapable of fighting a real war, this announcement is merely symbolic and designed as a ploy to try to force IRON into their defense.

And we all know it, so let's drop the pretense.  TIO is not defending themselves (not that they could anyway) from any undue TOP aggression.  This is just political finagling to try to work the war into their favor.

Good going, old sport.

Surprise surprise, treaty blocs write and interpret their treaties for their own benefit. To see Usual Suspects (of all people!) reaping e-tears with this announcement is most refreshing, though hopefully the shocked and appalled members of the peanut gallery will be sensible enough not to lose sleep over this announcement. Surely the majority of us can accept this and move on.

Alliances will complain about supposed e-lawyering yet will willingly do the same under the same circumstances. No need to claim that TIO/R&R/NATO is 'pressuring' anybody or otherwise being devious. If their allies don't like it, that's a matter for them to talk out in private, like good allies do. IRON seems to be perfectly capable of deciding which of its allies it's willing to defend ('sup, NG?), so I certainly won't be holding my breath.

Having read all 8 pages, I now assert my authority on the matter as the only practicing e-lawyer of any discernment and skill throughout the long SuperGrievances-PB-DH brain famine insane-o-ree and (1) strongly rebuke johnny-come-latelys (2) do rule that it is both stupid and contrary to all history and reality to assert that a declaration of war against one bloc member is literally a declaration of war against all.  You're welcome.

Having read all 8 pages, I now assert my authority on the matter as the only practicing e-lawyer of any discernment and skill throughout the long SuperGrievances-PB-DH brain famine insane-o-ree and (1) strongly rebuke johnny-come-latelys (2) do rule that it is both stupid and contrary to all history and reality to assert that a declaration of war against one bloc member is literally a declaration of war against all.  You're welcome.

It isn't literally a declaration against all, it's effectively a declaration against all.  It's a consequentialist viewpoint, maybe it isn't how most people view it, but it's certainly one perfectly legitimate means of doing so.  Claiming it isn't is an argument that probably will never be fully resolved.

I heard white peace was being offered to them, that is awfully nice of them.

I thought peace was going to take longer but it looks like people are ready to sit around the table, lets put this boring war behind us.

oh wow, if they offered the core white peace without closing the other fronts that's a pretty big about-face...

Not that I am unhappy, this war while fun, is certainly not one I would choose to fight.  I want to fight with Ghux instead of having him attack me every time he gets out of anarchy :|

Do I need to refer you to the NpO declaration that is exactly the same as TIO's?

I'm concerned that those are your only options.

Well, what colour should I paint them then?

what color green? like a bright green or a dark green?

Was thinking Pastel.  Not sure.

pink with yellow polka dots

Possibly.  Paint your walls first and show me a picture.

stripes would be easier to paint, perhaps diamonds instead of polka dots?

Diamonds, now you're talking!!

Pink with black polka dots and a green border.

ooo...  That could work.  Draw me a picture and show me what it would look like,

your alliance needs...

I thought pulling a bipolar was going along with a coalition and then organizing the peacing out of alliances you're at war in order to attack another alliance that is planning an attack by setting them up.

Edited by Commander shepard

I have no desire for a Nobel prize considering I completely lost all faith in the validity of the Nobel prize after one of the most despicable individuals in human history managed to score one for no reason at all in 2009, but that's a debate for another forum.

Mr. GhostWolf, You are Polar and I am IRON, but I would like to buy you a beer, Sir.

I thought pulling a bipolar was going along with a coalition and then organizing the peacing out of alliances you're at war in order to attack another alliance that is planning an attack by setting them up.

according to backchannel talk that's what IRON is currently intending on doing, whether or not they actually do, that's another story.

Wherein everyone argues that what is actually happening is the version of events most suitable to their needs in the hopes that anyone in a position to affect events will be stupid enough to believe it instead of making the best decision for themselves.

Must be Tuesday.

You're a bit late there, I did that a few pages back.