Imperial announcement about random stuff

the oA without the initial ghost declaration, maybe.

So... NpO didn't declare on NPO, and Sparta didn't declare with NpO. We just made that all up? NPO hit TOP. NpO defended TOP. Sparta rolled with our ally, NpO. This is nothing new, nor creative. It's standard wartime treaty chains. We didn't have to use the XX sphere clause. We didn't have to get creative with our treaty to twist things to our advantage. I mean, shit, it's why TIO and NATO hit us. They've said it: Sparta oA'd in a war on their MD ally, obligating them to respond. And not a single person complained, because both sides were well within their rights to activate their treaties in this way. Because that's how MDoAP treaties work.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... NpO didn't declare on NPO, and Sparta didn't declare with NpO. We just made that all up? NPO hit TOP. NpO defended TOP. Sparta rolled with our ally, NpO. This is nothing new, nor creative. It's standard wartime treaty chains. We didn't have to use the XX sphere clause. We didn't have to get creative with our treaty to twist things to our advantage. I mean, !@#$, it's why TIO and NATO hit us. They've said it: Sparta oA'd in a war on their MD ally, obligating them to respond. And not a single person complained, because both sides were well within their rights to activate their treaties in this way. Because that's how MDoAP treaties work.

Except Sparta rolled out too early, and NpO chained on with Sparta. Not the other way around. I mean, XX is worded to where you can do that, but let's just call it how it is.

Except Sparta rolled out too early, and NpO chained on with Sparta. Not the other way around. I mean, XX is worded to where you can do that, but let's just call it how it is.

Check the timestamps. NpO declared before Sparta.

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=119094]NpO DoW[/url]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=119096]Sparta DoW[/url]

You're correct that our treaty would have allowed us to do it the way you're claiming we did, but the actual fact is that we didn't use it that way.

Check the timestamps. NpO declared before Sparta.

NpO DoW
Sparta DoW

You're correct that our treaty would have allowed us to do it the way you're claiming we did, but the actual fact is that we didn't use it that way.

Fair enough. But your soldiers were early!

OOC: I was confusing the in-game timing with the forum timing, whoops. Edited by Neo Uruk

Actually fighting nations and declaring war as an alliance are two different things.  Declarations of war allow attacks, but they don't require them.  All of US is technically at war with every alliance that has declared on one of our members, and since we're automatically in a state of war per the terms of our treaty, we don't need to recognize hostilities, but we can if we want to and can do so in some situations and not others (because there's nothing in the treaty text to prevent this).  We also can't help it if some other alliances don't want to actually fight all of US, but the fact is that they've declared on all of US by declaring on one of us.  

All declaring war does is put one in a state of war with someone else, and any action that does this is (effectively) a declaration of war; since by the terms of the Plan B accord a declaration on one of the signatories automatically results in a state of war between all of the signatories and the declaring alliance, such a declaration is (effectively) a declaration on every signatory because the result is the same as if the declaring alliance had declared war on all the signatories explicitly.

Edited by HM Solomon I

Fair enough. But your soldiers were early!

OOC: I was confusing the in-game timing with the forum timing, whoops.

Early attacks happen to almost everyone who's on the aggressive side of a war. Regardless. The actual treaty chain did not involve the XX treaty's sphere clause.

OOC: Shit happens. :P

OK, can we at least ask you guys to go sit down, consult with your elawyers and come back here little later, explaining which way your treaty goes:
a) TOP declared war on NATO, thus entire US. Which is why RnR also has to fight their dear ally Fark because of XX DoW on NATO/TIO.
or
b) TIO and RnR declared war on TOP in defense of their ally NATO

Can we just get an answer on this? This really shouldn't be that hard to answer.

This war must be getting really boring. We need something actually interesting to argue over.

This war has been a cluster from its start.  It is such a mess that it seems like no planning at all went into it and the entire thing has just been one big, figure it out as we go, mess.  It seems like every coalition gets a little more incompetent.  As big of mess as I though the last one was, this one makes it seem well run and planned and that is pretty scary.  

TIO admits it was being a meanie when it recognized hostilities with TOP

There, wrote the term for you :P

I was thinking putting all of TIO through an elawyering class personally

anyways, good luck guys

Ok then, I shall now be forming a CN Committee to find who cares

Obviously your alliance does or you wouldn't have gone through the effort to spin your DoW this way.

I honestly don't care either way whether it's "aggressive" or "defensive", and don't see why anyone should in a coalition war, but I can't blame my alliance mates for poking holes in the absurd logic.