Imperial announcement about random stuff

Oh hello. So sorry if this took a while, but I've been a bit busy..

According to article 4 of the Plan B Accords, TOP managed to declare on TIO when it declared on NATO.. even if they tried to avoid us for some reason.

TIO hereby acknowledges TOP's declaration of war.

TIO also hates R&R for filling Skippy's slots >.>

PS: I'm sorry if you don't find many targets TOP. We have been taking a look into your peace mode strategy.. so far, it's quite boring :/ You should bring out your nations to play with and I'll bring out mine ;)

As Bcortell has aptly pointed out;

Article IV: Us against them

In the event of a declaration of war against a signatory, all other signatories will consider themselves at war with the aggressor, and the defense of the attacked alliance will take priority above any external military commitment.

No. 

The fact that you have a mandatory defense clause does not mean we declared war on you. It means *you* are declaring war on us, albeit automatically. This "an attack on one is an attack on all" idiocy needs to cease. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you have a mandatory defense clause does not mean we declared war on you. It means *you* are declaring war on us, albeit automatically. This "an attack on one is an attack on all" idiocy needs to cease. 

TOP hit all of US when they hit NATO, deal with it or take your ball and go home.

TOP hit all of US when they hit NATO, deal with it or take your ball and go home.

Actually we only hit NATO and the rest of US declared on us, which is how things work and no one is complaining about. I don't know why the rest of US is so against the concept of defending their blocmate and instead has to pretend they got attacked.

Actually we only hit NATO and the rest of US declared on us, which is how things work and no one is complaining about. I don't know why the rest of US is so against the concept of defending their blocmate and instead has to pretend they got attacked.

Doesn't look like it's all of US who's insisting on this. Looks like it's NATO and TIO. R&R went down the proper path of declaring their own DoW without any of this nonsense.

So where is your DoW on Umbrella since by your logic they attacked you too? Or are you just not going to defend yourself against them? Go ahead, I'll give you time to think of an excuse for why it's "different ".
And no one has any reason to be afraid of your bloc so you can cut the chest thumping and tough kid talk. Edited by Buzz Lightyear

The Usual Suspecteers

One for all and all for one, !@#$%*es.

UsualSuspecteers-1993.jpg

PS:  True love is trying to draw an ampersand in paint instead of using N <3

Who's the fourth guy there?

Doesn't look like it's all of US who's insisting on this. Looks like it's NATO and TIO. R&R went down the proper path of declaring their own DoW without any of this nonsense.

sure, RNR put it a bit more eloquently, but the point of the matter here is that, according to the text of plan b, an attack on one signatory means the rest of US is free to attack you at their leisure.

TIO joined, the war is lost, Bob is over. Honestly, You make it sound like anyone in TOP is mad about this DoW. The opposite is the case.

How long will DDL last? Will he be able to unify his members? After his government left as a whole only a few weeks back? Can TIO stand the fire? 

It can if DDL is competent. Is he? 

sure, RNR put it a bit more eloquently, but the point of the matter here is that, according to the text of plan b, an attack on one signatory means the rest of US is free to attack you at their leisure.

Absolutely. The rest of Plan B is free to declare on that AA. It does not mean that AA declared on the rest of Plan B. Glad you got the order right. 

So where is your DoW on Umbrella since by your logic they attacked you too? Or are you just not going to defend yourself against them? Go ahead, I'll give you time to think of an excuse for why it's "different ".

well they actually attacked us physically, no need to DoW since that war is already going :/

Instead of writing walls of text, I will attempt to summarize my thoughts on recent (TIO) moves!

- Amazing leadership!

- Brilliant political move!

- Astoundingly well-written declaration!

All in all, I applaud your FA staff for the superb manouvering displayed in the lead-up of and throughout this war! I do not know who is currently left to run it, but a sincere "good job!". On the greater level, your (high) government's actions are the sole shining light of competence in the dark, dark void that is planet bob. I admire your leadership, fortitude, bravery and charisma. It is the one thing that keeps me from removing my nation from this world!

Thank you. You make CN worth it.

Edited by Partisan

I put the question marks there because I have no idea who that 4th may be or whether there will be a fourth :P

Maybe it's just some random guy mooching smokes off the rest of US :(

To be perfectly fair, everyone tries to jockey for underdog status or to present any 'n all treaty activations as being defensive. It's stupid and unnecessary given that no-one actually cares, but it happens. So if Sparta were able to use the treaty sharing clause in XX to defend TOP against NPO, as opposed to using an oA clause as you would expect from any other alliance, then I'm sure people can accept TIO doing something similar.

That said, given the unceremonious send-off Skippy was given... I think I would be disappointed if TIO actually wanted a shot at him. I hope against hope that was a joke. :P

Edited by AmbroseIV

The Usual Suspecteers

One for all and all for one, !@#$%*es.

UsualSuspecteers-1993.jpg

PS:  True love is trying to draw an ampersand in paint instead of using N <3

That's d'Artagnan. He's a mooch who uses US as a plot device to tell his story.

Absolutely. The rest of Plan B is free to declare on that AA. It does not mean that AA declared on the rest of Plan B. Glad you got the order right. 

semantics. Not the fault of US if you all failed to realize that by engaging NATO you were unofficially at war with the other members of US as well.

semantics. Not the fault of US if you all failed to realize that by engaging NATO you were unofficially at war with the other members of US as well.

So you're telling me you're at war with the entire XX?

Edited by alyster

It's called a Mutual Defense Pact. I'm familiar with this style of treaty. In fact, Sparta has several such treaties with other people, notably our Mutual Defense Pact with the other Dos Equis signatories. That would be why we posted a declaration of war, as a bloc, on TIO and NATO. Just as TIO is declaring war on TOP here. Claiming TOP declared war on TIO is the same as saying that TIO and NATO declared war on each and every member of XX, including Fark. Which would mean that R&R declared war on their direct ally. :P

It's a silly argument to make. I know why you're trying to do it, but it's not nearly as clever as y'all think it is.

I really hope that's a rhetorical question. Did you miss that thread?

Why is it that when ever we talk about US, you simply forget RnR. Last I heard they only recognized war with TOP in return for our offensive against NATO. 

By your logic RnR should be at war with Fark? This is funny. 

Edited by alyster

Why is it that when ever we talk about US, you simply forget RnR. Last I heard they only recognized war with TOP in return for our offensive against NATO. 

what I said is, when you declare on a member of US, you've technically declared war on the whole bloc. The rest of US is then free to declare on that alliance (or not declare) as the bloc sees fit.