Still Intact

Hime Themis

It looks like someone from NEW wanted a surprise. Good luck Hime Themis on figuring out if this is a direct challenge to OBR and OG, a rogue, or a continuation of the "No flag posted with the notice of protection, so it must be invalid," thing that NEW has done in the past.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like someone from NEW wanted a surprise. Good luck Hime Themis on figuring out if this is a direct challenge to OBR and OG, a rogue, or a continuation of the "No flag posted with the notice of protection, so it must be invalid," thing that NEW has done in the past.

Probably just an easily rectified error on someone's part.

To be fair, though, this is about as lively of a topic as you'll ever get from OG/OBR.

Hey, occasionally we get into the geritol and really kick out and party.

Didn't you guys just cancel a treaty with them in the last year? Maybe I am mistaken.

We cancelled our treaty with OG during the eQ war (or at its end? not sure anymore), for various reasons, mostly linked to their inactivity. We offered our protection for an extra sixty days, given that we were their last treaty partner.

However, since then, they have been more active and have signed a few treaties. Nice for them and nice to see they still have friends out there.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

We cancelled our treaty with OG during the eQ war (or at its end? not sure anymore), for various reasons, mostly linked to their inactivity. We offered our protection for an extra sixty days, given that we were their last treaty partner.

However, since then, they have been more active and have signed a few treaties. Nice for them and nice to see they still have friends out there.

Yes I agree.

I appreciate them proving my point that they might not be following traditional cyberverse practices, but they're not bad people then, kudos to you DBDC.

Bullying people is absolutely traditional cyber verse practice, and the only reason they stepped lightly here is because they are scared to death of Hime.

I'm actually surprised OG is still around, but I'm glad to see OBR still being as classy as always.

Bullying people is absolutely traditional cyber verse practice, and the only reason they stepped lightly here is because they are scared to death of Hime.

I'm actually surprised OG is still around, but I'm glad to see OBR still being as classy as always.

Not true at all.  We happened to notice their AA was no longer so a couple of us reached out to message people we knew in the alliance to ask them what was going on.   Until this thread, none of us knew OG was affiliated with OBR.  Regardless, we make decisions based on many factors, but fear of reprisal is never one of those factors.

I don't think they are scared of anyone. I think they are smart enough to understand that some targets will cost them more than they can gain from them so they look elsewhere.

While I am not a fan of what they are doing, they are acting within the rules of planet Bob so different strokes and all of that.

I don't think they are scared of anyone. I think they are smart enough to understand that some targets will cost them more than they can gain from them so they look elsewhere.

While I am not a fan of what they are doing, they are acting within the rules of planet Bob so different strokes and all of that.

That's the point of any fear rationally. You will lose more than you will gain. Yeah we would all like to be super rich, but if we go to steal something expensive we fear of losing what we stole as well as serving jail times and fines.

My impression of DBDC was that they recognized there was an issue and they reached out to help just to be helpful. OG has had very limited dealings with them in the past but those dealings have always been pleasant.

And yes, Old Guard is still around and OBR is still classy as always.

That's the point of any fear rationally. You will lose more than you will gain. Yeah we would all like to be super rich, but if we go to steal something expensive we fear of losing what we stole as well as serving jail times and fines.

Fear is not a rational emotion.  You can respect something you know to be dangerous without having fear.  We all started with nothing and we will all end with nothing.  Fear does not guide us, fear does not control us, fear does not exist for us in this world.

Some targets will always cost more than others.  At some point I imagine several different alliances will band together to see what they can do to take us down and they will indeed learn the cost.  For now we strike at enemy alliances or the allies of those enemy alliances who have our friends at war.  I am personally a much bigger fan of doing something with purpose in this world than merely being a stat collector, but you are acting within the rules of planet Bob so different strokes and all of that.

Gentle Persons

We are pleased to see that DBDC has taken the time and effort to help OG with there problems with the loss of their alliance owner. We have had many dealing with DBDC people and most are decent people. Do they fear us? I doubt it do we share a healthy respect for the damage each our alliances could do to each other? Absolutely. We are pleased our friends in OG have got it back together so fast. Consider OBR/RK and DBDC two ally cats who respect each others turf. :ph34r:

By the way I thought at first I had run across the  Starfox/Rotavele e-harmony thread. :) Glad we could help our friends and help love bloom.:)

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Fear is not a rational emotion.  You can respect something you know to be dangerous without having fear.  We all started with nothing and we will all end with nothing.  Fear does not guide us, fear does not control us, fear does not exist for us in this world.

Some targets will always cost more than others.  At some point I imagine several different alliances will band together to see what they can do to take us down and they will indeed learn the cost.  For now we strike at enemy alliances or the allies of those enemy alliances who have our friends at war.  I am personally a much bigger fan of doing something with purpose in this world than merely being a stat collector, but you are acting within the rules of planet Bob so different strokes and all of that.

I imagine that will come at some point as well. I look forward to watching that one. Should be a hell of a fight.

Gentle Persons

We are pleased to see that DBDC has taken the time and effort to help OG with there problems with the loss of their alliance owner. We have had many dealing with DBDC people and most are decent people. Do they fear us? I doubt it do we share a healthy respect for the damage each our alliances could do to each other? Absolutely. We are pleased our friends in OG have got it back together so fast. Consider OBR/RK and DBDC two ally cats who respect each others turf. :ph34r:

By the way I thought at first I had run across the  Starfox/Rotavele e-harmony thread. :) Glad we could help our friends and help love bloom. :)

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Oh, no, don't put that one me please, haha. 

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but fear is a rational emotion. Phobias are the irrational fears. Needless to say, DBDC is the spice Planet Bob's been missing, and what you've done here was nothing short of virtuous. DBDC is a new face to me. They may ruffle some feathers, or many, but to show respect where respect is due...Calhoun would be proud

I remember when DBDC were getting attacked by virtually all alliances for being rouges... now they seem to be the 'alliance to love'.  :psyduck:

That's what happens when you have an average NS of 250k. People kiss ass.

I'm sure Cuba enjoys the change, and laughing at the pandering, though I can't fault them.

I remember when DBDC were getting attacked by virtually all alliances for being rouges... now they seem to be the 'alliance to love'.  :psyduck:

Tech does a lot to sway public sentiment.. Having fought with those BAMFs last war I can say from experience not to trifle with them, 40K tech nukes or 4 tech nukes ;)

That's what happens when you have an average NS of 250k. People kiss ass.

I'm sure Cuba enjoys the change, and laughing at the pandering, though I can't fault them.

This has so little to do with kissing ass. This is the recognition of the moment, not a redemption thread. Inability to stay focused on the subject...why we can't have nice things

Edited by Ovidsidios

This has so little to do with kissing ass. This is the recognition of the moment, not a redemption thread. Inability to stay focused on the subject...why we can't have nice things

I think you missed the point of my post. I wasn't referring to DBDC as "kissing ass".

I think you missed the point of my post. I wasn't referring to DBDC as "kissing ass".

Ah, well, I stand corrected, Starfox.

Wait, no, neither was I. Weren't you referring to others as kissing ass? Those nations of whom Hamilmania was implying were endorsing the alliance "virtually [of] being rouges"? If so, I'm saying that DBDC is not getting the gold medal here. An alliance lost their alliance head (with no heir) and DBDC came by and pointed it out.

Instead of this, supposed, monstrous alliance swooping in and preying on them, they didn't. Now we get an announcement that death has not reached one of our more respected alliances, and it was because DBDC decided to do the gentlemanly thing. We say "hurrah" to one and "thanks" to the other. Seriously, you gotta enjoy the simple things in life, and give the moment its due. I don't see a push for the redemption for DBDC after this, do you? You should probably move on from the effort to compartmentalize an alliance into the molded view you hold. All alliances of planet bob are too organic, with this landscape constantly changing, for stringent, unwavering, narrowly clamped perspectives. 

Edited by Ovidsidios

Ah, well, I stand corrected, Starfox.

Wait, no, neither was I. Weren't you referring to others as kissing ass? Those nations of whom Hamilmania was implying were endorsing the alliance "virtually [of] being rouges"? If so, I'm saying that DBDC is not getting the gold medal here. An alliance lost their alliance head (with no heir) and DBDC came by and pointed it out.

Instead of this, supposed, monstrous alliance swooping in and preying on them, they didn't. Now we get an announcement that death has not reached one of our more respected alliances, and it was because DBDC decided to do the gentlemanly thing. We say "hurrah" to one and "thanks" to the other. Seriously, you gotta enjoy the simple things in life, and give the moment its due. I don't see a push for the redemption for DBDC after this, do you? You should probably move on from the effort to compartmentalize an alliance into the molded view you hold. All alliances of planet bob are too organic, with this landscape constantly changing, for stringent, unwavering, narrowly clamped perspectives. 

What on earth are you babbling about? I haven't bashed DBDC anywhere nor commented on them any further than stating that other alliances are clamoring to have them on their side.

You've essentially proved my point with that knee-jerk defensive reaction to something that wasn't even an insult.

Edited by Starfox101