Drastically Reduce Economic Advantages from Generals

Forward

Can be accomplished after a round of war is the key thing.

Incentives to actually fight.

And you dont need to not go to war to save your generals. You dismiss them for some XP back, and you go to war again earning XP, after war and nuke anarchy you Rehire your generals for your collection. Doing it this way you even save on bills!

If its easy as to get the XP, why would it hold people back from war? When you can so easily again get the generals after a war, giving you a nice economic boost, and very good if you have not managed to rebuy 100% of your infra. Perhaps the war was costly.

I was the one knocking off the Generals myself matey.

While generals giving economic benefits relates to RL, TE isn't made to just replicate RL.  In SE, generals offer less economic value. 

In TE, they help those warring nations rebuild quicker from wars and get more action.  Their XP could be upped and/or XP removed when a general is bought, but otherwise, they are fine. 

No big change needed with the generals (besides removing the XP of the cost of the general), IMO. 

This.

Can be accomplished after a round of war is the key thing.

Incentives to actually fight.

And you dont need to not go to war to save your generals. You dismiss them for some XP back, and you go to war again earning XP, after war and nuke anarchy you Rehire your generals for your collection. Doing it this way you even save on bills!

If its easy as to get the XP, why would it hold people back from war? When you can so easily again get the generals after a war, giving you a nice economic boost, and very good if you have not managed to rebuy 100% of your infra. Perhaps the war was costly.

I was the one knocking off the Generals myself matey.

Incentives to fight one round of war was my point and not everyone is going to dismiss their generals because they wont be going to war for awhile.

I'm not sure if your just being purposely ignorant but many of the elite players try to acquire generals asap. Some wait for the first round of war and some XP raid early. Again your making the same points except your trying to use scenarios (weak ones I might add) to justify the generals aren't easy to get. I personally never unassigned generals unless I can't protect them but everyone has their own way.

Incentives to fight one round of war was my point and not everyone is going to dismiss their generals because they wont be going to war for awhile.

I'm not sure if your just being purposely ignorant but many of the elite players try to acquire generals asap. Some wait for the first round of war and some XP raid early. Again your making the same points except your trying to use scenarios (weak ones I might add) to justify the generals aren't easy to get. I personally never unassigned generals unless I can't protect them but everyone has their own way.

Your argument.

Generals way too easy to get. After acquiring said generals, we all hide and don't fight to keep said generals safe.

You are the one who is ignorant if you do not see how that contradicts itself. The simple fact that the XP required for basic generals is "easy to get" means that there is more incentive to fight and get that XP. If the XP were very hard to get, then I could see the argument for wanting to hog the XP and not lose it.

You can have CIA 800 spies, and you can still lose your generals.

Saving a bigger warchest would accomplish the rebuilding effect, too. Again, there's no particular reason for generals to offer such economic bonuses, and offering them harms ever-important player retention with other issues as well; I think most players would agree that huge waves of raids are a negative.

I did not see as much raiding in rd 29 due to the 5 day peace mode which likely made for bigger nations and the likelyhood of a raid target fighting back. I think once purchased all the xp spent should be gone forever but as mentioned already generals are fine as they are.

Your argument.

Generals way too easy to get. After acquiring said generals, we all hide and don't fight to keep said generals safe.

You are the one who is ignorant if you do not see how that contradicts itself. The simple fact that the XP required for basic generals is "easy to get" means that there is more incentive to fight and get that XP. If the XP were very hard to get, then I could see the argument for wanting to hog the XP and not lose it.

You still seem to be confused to my points. Since I'm not sure why I should try to find more ways to explain so you can understand, I think I'd just be wasting my time if i did.

If the XP was more challenging to acquire the best economic generals then you'd have more wars more often. Also, how do you hog XP? Your not sharing it around so I'm not sure what your meaning is for that. 

But the nation attacking would most likely need 800 spies to. Again your missing my point. You may as well start a thread suggesting that generals can't be killed if you think they should never be killed.

The complaint was that it seems the highest one is always killed. I fought all round, and always had XP for Generals. Going to war constantly didnt stop me getting low generals, and then higher generals.

What you are proposing will have the opposite effect to what you think. People will need longer to get those max econ generals, and thus not go to war early. Instead looking for raids. The fact that max econ generals can be attained at such low levels means there is less risk to going to war early!

The complaint was that it seems the highest one is always killed. I fought all round, and always had XP for Generals. Going to war constantly didnt stop me getting low generals, and then higher generals.

What you are proposing will have the opposite effect to what you think. People will need longer to get those max econ generals, and thus not go to war early. Instead looking for raids. The fact that max econ generals can be attained at such low levels means there is less risk to going to war early!

I highly doubt you fought all round. Were you at war the entire round? I'm not sure why you keep using your round as the basis of your argument as if everyone played or plays the same way. Your using a minority to counter my argument that is taken advantage by a minority so it really is quite irrelevant but I'm not expecting you to figure that out.

Currently you can obtain an army general that gives +2% population, +2% income, and +2 happiness for 12 XP levels. Earning this amount of XP can be achieved within a single round of war or a few raids. If it was doubled to 24 levels to obtain this general, it'll take 2 rounds of war or twice as much raids thus creating more incentive to continue to go to war and obtain these generals.This system was implemented to reward those who go to war but you can obtain the best generals after a single round of war and then you have acquired the maximum rewards so nations have little need to further accumulate XP. This is the point you seem to be unable to comprehend. If you don't understand that this time then you'll never understand it. Not everyone is playing this game to just war, many play just to win the awards.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen