Best bad posters

zoskia

To be fair, you were never really "bad" for the opposition. Meth, I like you. I really do, but by the time all the meth really made you rage you weren't hurting the opposition. No, you actually helped them. GOONS had tons of enemies, but in the end all but the most unreasonable had to side with them. No one could take you seriously because they had given you so many gracious outs. If anything, you actually improved their diplomatic standing in some regards.

I think it was bad for GOONS in by pursuing me so hard and throwing their allies weight around to force alliance to assist them, that is how they ended up with tons of enemies. Although I didn't mean bad as it had to be hurting them, but bad as in posting stuff they consider bad. They were aid slot filling almost every alliance to see if any members had sent secret aid to try finding those who would send secret aid, as well as make ridiculous demands of other alliances and their members. Even if I didn't damage them, GOONS damaged themselves by trying to use their DH/PB membership to do as they wanted without regard for whether they infringe upon the rights of other alliances with their methods. Before I fought them, publicly GOONS claimed to be reformed and completely different from the old GOONS. After I fought them everyone knew GOONS as that alliance who extracts big reps and throws the weight of their allies around to accomplish this.

Schatt with TWiP, You and others during the Vox Populi days, Alterego etc. That is what I meant by better posters coming to mind when best is paired in there. People like Broncoskid8 and ColonelDionysus I'll only remember their names while I'm seeing these posts, but there is no way I'll remember their bad posting when I think of the best bad posters or worst bad posters. Regardless of how bad their posting is, there is no "best" element to it, making them no more memorable than any other person who posts badly and fails to leave much of an impression. If there is nothing to make them better than other bad posters, there is no best element to it.

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was bad for GOONS in by pursuing me so hard and throwing their allies weight around to force alliance to assist them, that is how they ended up with tons of enemies. Although I didn't mean bad as it had to be hurting them, but bad as in posting stuff they consider bad. They were aid slot filling almost every alliance to see if any members had sent secret aid to try finding those who would send secret aid, as well as make ridiculous demands of other alliances and their members. Even if I didn't damage them, GOONS damaged themselves by trying to use their DH/PB membership to do as they wanted without regard for whether they infringe upon the rights of other alliances with their methods. Before I fought them, publicly GOONS claimed to be reformed and completely different from the old GOONS. After I fought them everyone knew GOONS as that alliance who extracts big reps and throws the weight of their allies around to accomplish this.

Schatt with TWiP, You and others during the Vox Populi days, Alterego etc. That is what I meant by better posters coming to mind when best is paired in there. People like Broncoskid8 and ColonelDionysus I'll only remember their names while I'm seeing these posts, but there is no way I'll remember their bad posting when I think of the best bad posters or worst bad posters. Regardless of how bad their posting is, there is no "best" element to it, making them no more memorable than any other person who posts badly and fails to leave much of an impression. If there is nothing to make them better than other bad posters, there is no best element to it.

how dare you mention me and Broncoskid8 in the same sentence, i'm much worse than him!

damn you methrage!! argh.gif

I know what you meant. However, I was someone who was active in FA at the time. GOONS made their enemies because of other people they pursued (not you). Honestly, Meth, you were just never a very sympathetic case. At first, anyway, but as it dragged on people became more tired of you than anything.

Your plight may have fired up a few small alliances of whom I am not aware, but among the major players it had no impact. Any bad publicity GOONS got for their raiding, mercy board, etc. had to do with their policies as a whole (which people had objected to before you) rather than anything you said or did.

The two names that stand out, for me, are Rotavele and Hiro Nakara, assuming that the topic title is trying to say "the best examples of bad posters". Rotavele consistently makes terrible posts with awful opinions, despite thinking himself a genius, and Hiro was a great example of a terrible troll that everybody just thought was a dumbass. So, with Rotavele, you get someone trying to make good posts but actually making terrible posts, and with Hiro, you get someone who tried to make terrible posts on purpose, but ended up being terrible at even that.

The two names that stand out, for me, are Rotavele and Hiro Nakara, assuming that the topic title is trying to say "the best examples of bad posters". Rotavele consistently makes terrible posts with awful opinions, despite thinking himself a genius, and Hiro was a great example of a terrible troll that everybody just thought was a dumbass. So, with Rotavele, you get someone trying to make good posts but actually making terrible posts, and with Hiro, you get someone who tried to make terrible posts on purpose, but ended up being terrible at even that.

Since you have discovered my evil plan to destroy world; I ask myself why you invited me to join NSO. Conspiracies itt.

Since you have discovered my evil plan to destroy world; I ask myself why you invited me to join NSO. Conspiracies itt.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It isn't clever to point out that my opinion of you over the last few months has gone from "he seems to have quieted down, maybe he can be a contributing member of our community" to "wow, he's actually just really dumb and I shouldn't have ever supported him joining us".

I am so sorry that you've been upset, sweetcheeks, but I fear you misunderstand us. NSO has always allowed everyone at least one chance. No matter how unpopular you are, and regardless of any past mistakes, everyone is given a chance with the NSO. That has been a policy since our founding. You, despite your many flaws and failings, were no exception.

Now, you make another mistake. The NSO did not want you. The NSO did not actively seek you. Many of us, myself included, never wanted you. But, you had some friends who happen to be in NSO who thought you had potential, and if given the opportunity could become a valuable member. We accepted you, as was your right (due to our policy). We gave you a chance.

Well, you blew it sweetcheeks. Your priority was to draw attention to yourself not by contributing anything of value, but by acting like the complete and utter fool you are. That type never lasts long with us, as you found.

Any questions?

I am so sorry that you've been upset, sweetcheeks, but I fear you misunderstand us. NSO has always allowed everyone at least one chance. No matter how unpopular you are, and regardless of any past mistakes, everyone is given a chance with the NSO. That has been a policy since our founding. You, despite your many flaws and failings, were no exception.

Now, you make another mistake...

Ok, that was a major, first-class WTFPwned moment.  Thank you RV.

Now, you make another mistake. The NSO did not want you. The NSO did not actively seek you. Many of us, myself included, never wanted you. But, you had some friends who happen to be in NSO who thought you had potential, and if given the opportunity could become a valuable member. We accepted you, as was your right (due to our policy). We gave you a chance.

Well, you blew it sweetcheeks. Your priority was to draw attention to yourself not by contributing anything of value, but by acting like the complete and utter fool you are. That type never lasts long with us, as you found.

Any questions?

This is why everyone thinks you are a joke.

1) I was invited to NSO, by people I never met.

2) The NSO did actively seek me out. See 1.

3) I didn't have any friends in NSO beforehand. See 1.

4) You were not active until I was there for awhile, nor did you know I was in NSO until a few weeks after I joined and you got online.

5) I don't know how I blew my chances with NSO when I left because many of you can't handle the stones you throw from what I've seen atleast. Never happened to me, just the random trolling you guys do, then ragequit when people return the favor.

6) When I left, I had a few of you querying me trying to get me back in.

So I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't think you do either.

Edited by Rotavele

This is why everyone thinks you are a joke.

1) I was invited to NSO, by people I never met.

2) The NSO did actively seek me out. See 1.

3) I didn't have any friends in NSO beforehand. See 1.

4) You were not active until I was there for awhile, nor did you know I was in NSO until a few weeks after I joined and you got online.

5) I don't know how I blew my chances with NSO when I left because many of you can't handle the stones you throw from what I've seen atleast. Never happened to me, just the random trolling you guys do, then ragequit when people return the favor.

6) When I left, I had a few of you querying me trying to get me back in.

So I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't think you do either.

I doubt the validity of 1 through 6.

I doubt the validity of 1 through 6.

Well, it is true that I was inactive, but that alone does not lend any weight to its other "points."

Also, Rotavele, none of your posts could ever be described as inflammatory. So, our not having "the stones" to handle your fire had nothing to do with why you ended up as unpopular as you were. We can take criticism. We can handle it. What we cannot handle, however, is deliberate and unremitting stupidity. Hey, I think that may better describe your posting on our boards.

Well not really. I just don't understand when people write long posts and expect me to read the whole thing. I just pick apart the important parts and respond to those.

Maybe don't bother to argue with people if you aren't going to bother reading through their entire posts? They post their arguments. If you only read half of it (if that), your view on their argument/opinion is nearly 100% different. Then your reply doesn't make any sense, and in the end it makes you look like a fool.

Any questions?

I am assuming you are refering specifically to NSO and Rota in this, but I've made a CN career out of doing just that.

Edited by Mogar

Maybe don't bother to argue with people if you aren't going to bother reading through their entire posts? They post their arguments. If you only read half of it (if that), your view on their argument/opinion is nearly 100% different. Then your reply doesn't make any sense, and in the end it makes you look like a fool.

Maybe if you can type a short paragraph, instead of a page long post I'd read it and provide the proper response.

Maybe if you can type a short paragraph, instead of a page long post I'd read it and provide the proper response.

You could just write a Riddle in response.

Sometimes it is not possible to do this, especially in regards to politics. This often involves complex ideas which cannot always be expressed in convenient little bits. Sometimes, if certain "unimportant" pieces are left out, doing so can change the entire idea that is being expressed. If you are not able to understand this simple fact, then perhaps you may not be as smart as you think.

So go ahead and read a bit more. It won't hurt.

I am assuming you are refering specifically to NSO and Rota in this, but I've made a CN career out of doing just that.

No one cares.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Sometimes it is not possible to do this, especially in regards to politics. This often involves complex ideas which cannot always be expressed in convenient little bits. Sometimes, if certain "unimportant" pieces are left out, doing so can change the entire idea that is being expressed. If you are not able to understand this simple fact, then perhaps you may not be as smart as you think.

So go ahead and read a bit more. It won't hurt.

There is a difference between getting all of your thoughts out, which should usually take about a paragraph or two, maybe even three; then there's writing essays that take up entire pages and expecting people to read them. Sorry, not gonna happen.