Im not stupid, guys

Fox Fire

Does anyone know how much you'd make off a 6mil/200t deal?

Several people sent me buy offers at 6mil/200. I swiftly rejected this as its a waste of time and a slot for what I imagine is very little profit.

Its also half the going pricetag.

So anyone know the profit made off this?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same as two 3/100s, about.

Also, you're being selfish. It isn't half the going rate among buyer alliances. The only reason to give a 6/100 would to be to get people up to buyer status as fast as possible, which frankly is less beneficial than letting new guys learn the ropes before giving them tons of money.

Neo, How am I being selfish?

1. its twice as convenient to do 6mil/100. It only takes 10 days rather than 20.

2. Every deal Ive ever made in this game was 3mil/50 (6mil/100) because its the normal price.

6mil/200 is only profitable to the buyer, not the seller. As a matter of fact, it's pretty much a rip-off. The buyer gets more tech than he/she should, while the seller is left spending hundreds of thousands of the money he/she received buying tech; meaning he got little, if any, profit. I will usually only do a 6mil/200 if I'm able to, if not then I reject it.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Ill have universities once I make another infra jump. But by then, selling tech would become almost pointless.

I have to agree with Loki. a typical 3mil/50 gives you about 1.5-1.8mil. Double the cost and youre left with basically nothing.

Neo, How am I being selfish?

1. its twice as convenient to do 6mil/100. It only takes 10 days rather than 20.

2. Every deal Ive ever made in this game was 3mil/50 (6mil/100) because its the normal price.

1. It takes 20 days

2. 3mil/50 was fine and that doesn't mean 6mil/100 has to be, as 6mill/200 is just as profitable as 3mil/50 was.

No I don't think you're stupid, I think you want to be greedy with your profits.

"6mill/200 is just as profitable as 3mil/50 was."

How?

Well the deal itself is just as profitable.

And you're no where near the optimal tech buying range, especially if you love to do 6mill/100 for the rest of your days.

So you may as well keep selling.

Edited by Commander shepard

And Im not being greedy. Im being convenient and not getting ripped off.

3mil/50 =/= 6mil/200.

More like 3mil/100 = 6mil/200.

Which is a rip off on my part. Sorry if I dont want to spend 20 days to make enough money for 1 days worth of bills.

I dont consider that greed. I consider it business...

You all say its just as profitable but does anyone have numbers?

Nicanor says 2.7-3mil.

I doubt that...

Depends what trades and improvements/wonders you have to make it cheaper to purchase.

What is the rough cost of buying 50 tech?

Well if 6mill/200 indeed gives you about 2.7 - 3.0 million and  if 3mil/50 gives you about 1.5-1.8mil as you say.

If we were to insert those numbers into the year.

Using one slot of 6mill/200 will net about 12 cycles at 2.7 mill a deal which would end the year with about 32 million in profit.

Using one slot of 3mill/50 will net about 18 cycles at 1.5 mill a deal which would end the year with about 27 million in profit.

Maybe. But is it worth it?

If 3mil/50 gives you 1.8 mil, another 50 would leave you with 600K.

So based off this Im predicting 6mil/200 gives you 1-1.2 mil.

Thus Ive answered my own question. Thanks guys.

Ive decided I was right the whole time. 6mil/200 is a waste of a sellers time. 

Maybe. But is it worth it?

If 3mil/50 gives you 1.8 mil, another 50 would leave you with 600K.

So based off this Im predicting 6mil/200 gives you 1-1.2 mil.

Thus Ive answered my own question. Thanks guys.

Ive decided I was right the whole time. 6mil/200 is a waste of a sellers time. 

To be honest I'm pretty sure your guess for the cost of 50 tech is miles wrong and I'm not even a tech seller.

I'm pretty sure you can get over 2 million in profits from 3/50 which would still make it just as profitable as 6mill/200.

To give you an idea, 3mill/100 would have left you with about 1.5 million in profit depending on what you got.

Why is it a waste of time? It takes a minimum of 20 days to complete the deal. At my size (1,999.99 infra) I pay over 100k a day in bills. The profit isnt even enough to pay bills for 20 days, much less make any useable profit.

I advise sticking to the usual 6mil/100. Its the going rate, it takes a minimum of 10 days to complete and its twice as profitable.

Not for the buyer you might say? To that I say, go try to buy tech in game the ussual way and let me know which one you prefer.

^Advise to sellers

Shepard, not according to my own experience and use of tech guides.

My numbers may not be exact, but now Im curious enough to run the numbers starting today with my latest deal.

In 10 days Ill give the exact profit from a 6mil/100 deal under my conditions.

Why is it a waste of time? It takes a minimum of 20 days to complete the deal. At my size (1,999.99 infra) I pay over 100k a day in bills. The profit isnt even enough to pay bills for 20 days, much less make any useable profit.

I advise sticking to the usual 6mil/100. Its the going rate, it takes a minimum of 10 days to complete and its twice as profitable.

Not for the buyer you might say? To that I say, go try to buy tech in game the ussual way and let me know which one you prefer.

^Advise to sellers

You would be making over 2 million in profit from a single tech deal which would pay for all 20 days of bills and then some.

It takes 20 days to complete 6mill/100 and it takes 30 days to complete 6mill/200.

I imagine you will have about ~4.5 million in profit from a single deal you do under 6mill/100.

I hope your nation ruler chokes on it.

You get the exact same amount of money in total.

And no, getting more tech is not a rip-off. It's far cheaper than letting you just build up on your own, isn't it?

When I deal, I usually buy up to 100, and stay there until an aid slot opens up. In addition, you getting more tech for the same price as if you were to get 100 is pretty greedy to me.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson