A House Lannister Announcement

FYELsu6.png

xyj.png

Yesterday while conducting a war drill, a number of House Lannister nations, myself included, mistakenly attacked the alliance known as The Flying Kiwis. Our members were immediately messaged and told of the targeting error. Simultaneously, House Lannister sent diplomats to TFK explaining that we made a mistake and that we wished for nothing but peace. After assuring us that we would have peace, we were later informed that a certain member of The Flying Kiwis wasn't interested in peace and would be exacting what he felt was justice by going rogue. In addition to The Flying Kiwis sending their rogue at our House, and family, other Kiwis ignored our peace offerings and decided to attack us instead. We will not stand for the aggressive actions taken by The Flying Kiwis. Sending a rogue after us, is in our eyes, a declaration of war. House Lannister will not be bullied. The Flying Kiwis are more than happy to come to our keeps and beg for mercy, but the word of oath breakers means very little.

Flying Kiwis, you have crossed the wrong family. A Lannister always pays his debts. Must we refresh your memory of the story of House Castamere?

/s/ Cersei Lannister, Queen Regent

---

We'd also like to invite any and all red nations to join us on our forums in an attempt to promote Red unity and help with trade circles, senate seats, and just general camaraderie. To visit our forums visit the link below.

Forums | #casterlyrock

Edited by YOLO SWAG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you all attacked them mistakenly in a failed war drill, and were surprised they fought back? Those evil kiwis! :)

Surprised? No, I expected retaliation. We did what we could to maintain a peace once realizing our error. However, we can't allow our nations to be attacked without reaction, even if there is some fault to be cast on our side of the situation. Unfortunately, TFK was unable to keep a leash on their members, after promising to do all they could to maintain peace, and even sent what they called a "rogue" to attack nations that weren't involved in the incident at all. Edited by YOLO SWAG

That rogue was released to you. I personally informed you of his intentions and that TFK would not intervene on wars against him. But if you would like to fabricate a falsehood to cover your tails, that's cool too ;) Also, please refer to the logs provided in this post :) http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/117330-tfk-declaration-of-war/#entry3144708 .

To: Comes Smoke Tree    From: DaRuler    Date: 6/30/2013 3:25:24 AM

Subject: Couple of things

Message: Scrappy Doo is roguing for a round. Feel free to return the favor to him :)

Also, Rotavele has until next update to accept peace offers. If he is still attacking after that, then he will be fully countered ;)

Sincerely,
DaRuler

Edited by Jesusfreak

It's TE.  "Because I wanted to" is a valid CB here, you don't need to cover your buttocks, House Lannister.

Looking at the DoW's in general... to me it just seems like the first time around you didn't quite get the update blitz done right and are trying a do-over...

It's TE.  "Because I wanted to" is a valid CB here, you don't need to cover your buttocks, House Lannister.

Looking at the DoW's in general... to me it just seems like the first time around you didn't quite get the update blitz done right and are trying a do-over...

:laugh: That's exactly what I said on irc after the first update blitz!

I share this man's sentiments. Slug it out for 6 days and then move on.

Edited by Samwise

Let it be known that House Lannister sought peace, and The Flying Kiwis denied it.

Since we're looking to set the record straight, lemme see if I can follow this timeline of events.

-You "accidentally" DoWed the Kiwi's

-You seek peace

-They agree to peace, but let you know (that since there are no reps in TE) a few of their members will most likely be sending in attacks for their damages incurred, then sending peace

-A Kiwi goes rogue, and they tell you he is acting of his own accord, so you are free to DoW him

-You re-engage TFK

-They post a formal DoW (which should have been a recognition of hostilities since you were the aggressor)

-You then post a DoW saying that the Kiwi's were the aggressor for "sending a rogue on you"

The thing is, none of this really matters. It's all great for the people who are into this sort of drama, but for the most part, continuing to draw attention to it is only creating more sympathy for the Kiwi's. I get that you're all role playing, and looking at this like it's an attack on your family, but let's reverse it. You came at their family first. And in my family, you attack one of us, we generally don't seem to care if it was accidental or not. You better believe we'll be there protecting our own win or lose.

However, you take the role playing out, this is TE. Everybody's looking for a war right now, and you both just got a fairly even war statistically for your first war. Embrace it.

However, you take the role playing out, this is TE. Everybody's looking for a war right now, and you both just got a fairly even war statistically for your first war. Embrace it.

You do realize that House Lannister is basically all NSO and NG (with special peoples), right?

Edited by Rayvon

You do realize that House Lannister is basically all NSO and NG (with special peoples), right?

How is that relevant to my statement? War Declarations have been going off for awhile now, so undoubtedly people are looking for targets and some of those targets will not be given a "fair" war. This is opportunity for both AA's to have a fairly statistically even war.

Edited by Samwise

Yeah, I figured that out last night :P So let's all have fun, shall we? :D

How is that relevant to my statement? War Declarations have been going off for awhile now, so undoubtedly people are looking for targets and some of those targets will not be given a "fair" war. This is opportunity for both AA's to have a fairly statistically even war.

You're over-analyzing the situation, and telling [i]us[/i] to 'embrace it' ..... I'll lend you my pen, you can connect the dots yourself.

-You "accidentally" DoWed the Kiwi's
-You seek peace
-They agree to peace, but let you know (that since there are no reps in TE) a few of their members will most likely be sending in attacks for their damages incurred, then sending peace
-A Kiwi goes rogue, and they tell you he is acting of his own accord, so you are free to DoW him
-Numerous TFK nations continue to attack and declare on our family.
-You re-engage TFK
-They post a formal DoW (which should have been a recognition of hostilities since you were the aggressor)
-You then post a DoW saying that the Kiwi's were the aggressor for "sending a rogue on you"

You left out an important part of that timeline of events. The one rogue I can understand, but if numerous TFK nations continue to attack and deny our peace offerings what are we supposed to do? Just allow TFK to beef up before they continue to attack us? This war is simply one of self preservation. I don't know why the culture in TE is to bully new alliances, but it's definitely a lot different than SE!

All your Queen Regent gets is a shout out as a special people? Tsk. Tsk. Edited by YOLO SWAG

You left out an important part of that timeline of events. The one rogue I can understand, but if numerous TFK nations continue to attack and deny our peace offerings what are we supposed to do? Just allow TFK to beef up before they continue to attack us? This war is simply one of self preservation. I don't know why the culture in TE is to bully new alliances, but it's definitely a lot different than SE!All your Queen Regent gets is a shout out as a special people? Tsk. Tsk.

If you had more control over your members.... This 'mess' would have been prevented. Your nations started this and then when you feel it's ok for peace, TFK have to peace aswell?

A thing like this would have caused a world war on SE Edited by EddyH