Amicitiae Nostrae Memoriam Spero Sempiternam Fore

You know, when I heard of this I was dying to come in here and say something really snarky. But I suppose there wasn't really a point.

When running RoK's FA in a post-SF time, I made it my primary goal to diplomatically isolate the SuperFriends, and to reduce them to a political irrelevance. While I'm not going to take credit for that occurring (MJ was simply a cog in the greater political maneuverings, and its not as if MJ could have achieved anything that it did without it fitting into the larger desires of the power players), I'd like to think that I helped hammer in a nail of this proverbial coffin, and that is something that makes me happy.

I'd say that being a high government member of SF was a positive experience, but it really wasn't- I came into the fold in RoK during a time of pretty high animosity between the alliance and their SF blocmates, and the relationship was extremely negative all around. It's a shame that the old RoK forums are gone, because some of the posting matches there were pretty damn intense.

I will say this, though- working with MJ against SF was one of me favourite times in leadership on this planet. We had a very specific, very isolated goal, and any steps taken were for the achievement of said goal. The OWF sparring matches were fantastic and I haven't seen many on the same scale since.

So, I'll have a drink for SF tonight. It brings me sheer joy to know that we defeated you, and that said defeat was the death blow that has led you limping to this moment. But this planet is not entertaining without enemies, and SF filled that place (for a time) with passion and vigor. My time on this world would not have been as entertaining had adversaries like the SuperFriends not existed.

So, for the last time, fuck SF, and fuck Xiph. Winter is coming, cheers.

so narrow minded to think you played any part in this

o/ SF

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really easy to just SAY that, but you're giving yourself way too much credit here. We didn't live on political relevance. I'd say more, but the SF-RoK issue really is unrelated to all this.

Doesn't this just seem like the right time for SF to go away? Doesn't it make perfect sense now? Isn't it appropriate? I think so. I was in favor of this since before R&R's decision.

Actually it made way more sense after the Mj-SF affair but you were too proud for that. Made even more sense after the era of SuperGreivences came to a crashing end. Probably made even more sense immediately following Equillibrium so you could at least go out on a high note.

Ending it now looks more like RnR was the only worthwhile member and they forced the rest of your hands because, and lets face it, a bloc of GOD-RIA-CSN-NPL is a pretty terrible assembly.

From an outsiders perspective it looks like Mj dealt the death blow and you all just stumbled along in hopes to see those alliances responsible get handled by other powers so you could save a shred of face. When they didn't and the only alliance in the bloc with an ounce of political capital decided it had more worthwhile ventures you all pulled the plug...

It brings me sheer joy to know that we defeated you

This "we defeated you" is before or after you had to flee from RoK after betraying your own alliance and imploding your own bloc?

The alliances in SF parted ways a long time ago. If we have remained together for at least the last two years, it has been because we had common agressors stalking us and we loathed the idea of leaving a friend at the stake.

So, in fact, if not for the likes of you, we would have dissolved a long time ago. We should, in fact, posthumously give you a medal for your assistance to keep our bloc alive. Too bad you and your pals have become so much a stale joke, that we have finally decided it was time to move on.

You imploded your alliance, imploded your bloc, and sold out your allies for a shot at SF. Well done!

One might say they brought it on themselves. When you treat allies like crap , you should not be shocked when many of them turn on you. 

Actually it made way more sense after the Mj-SF affair but you were too proud for that. Made even more sense after the era of SuperGreivences came to a crashing end. Probably made even more sense immediately following Equillibrium so you could at least go out on a high note.

Ending it now looks more like RnR was the only worthwhile member and they forced the rest of your hands because, and lets face it, a bloc of GOD-RIA-CSN-NPL is a pretty terrible assembly.

From an outsiders perspective it looks like Mj dealt the death blow and you all just stumbled along in hopes to see those alliances responsible get handled by other powers so you could save a shred of face. When they didn't and the only alliance in the bloc with an ounce of political capital decided it had more worthwhile ventures you all pulled the plug...

Actually, I say it speaks volumes to their character that they decided to go out at a time of their choosing, instead of being forced into it or caving into pressure after wars.  They finally got some payback for the last 2 wars and decided to go out on a high note.  

SF was an influential bloc and made this game more interesting than it otherwise would have been.  I am interested to see how this shakes up, but it certainly has created some diplomatic potential for those so inclined.

Actually, I say it speaks volumes to their character that they decided to go out at a time of their choosing,

But this makes it look like the exact opposite. RnR says they're going, SF decides to pull the plug. This way makes it seem like the bloc has a feeling they won't survive without RnR. Edited by Neo Uruk

Well I'm glad all the insanely terrible choices you made to get there were worth it Bob.

Oh man. I know you lot are loving my proverbial lynching, but don't you remember Argent being one of the larger supporters of greater MJ-PF relations, as well as a pretty successful cooldown of tensions over the GPF protection issue, done partly because our two blocs wanted to get closer together? Do you remember directing us towards BN for a treaty in order to find the best fit for our blocs? Do you remember that it was largely on RoK and NoR's initiative- NoR towards TOP and ourselves towards Argent/BN- that the post-war plans for our blocs to get closer occurred?

I understand that its in vogue with your current bed friends to criticize TOP members, but this level of tunnel vision (not to mention complete disregard for Argent-RoK relations during my time there) is simply ridiculous.

It's really easy to just SAY that, but you're giving yourself way too much credit here. We didn't live on political relevance. I'd say more, but the SF-RoK issue really is unrelated to all this.

Doesn't this just seem like the right time for SF to go away? Doesn't it make perfect sense now? Isn't it appropriate? I think so. I was in favor of this since before R&R's decision.

so narrow minded to think you played any part in this

o/ SF

I feel like you lot missed the part where I specifically stated that I didn't want to take credit for it, and that our success was largely driven by greater political machinations of the time period. But sure, cherry-pick my post for percieved criticisms, it seems to be working very well.

This "we defeated you" is before or after you had to flee from RoK after betraying your own alliance and imploding your own bloc?

The alliances in SF parted ways a long time ago. If we have remained together for at least the last two years, it has been because we had common agressors stalking us and we loathed the idea of leaving a friend at the stake.

So, in fact, if not for the likes of you, we would have dissolved a long time ago. We should, in fact, posthumously give you a medal for your assistance to keep our bloc alive. Too bad you and your pals have become so much a stale joke, that we have finally decided it was time to move on.

RoK's internal troubles weren't the reasoning behind MJ's disbandment. I invite former MJ gov to verify this, though to be honest I doubt they care. The motions for the bloc's dissolution had been made before I was Emperor. It was a simple understanding, with our primary objective completed and the major bloc alliances drifting on contrasting directions, that the bloc was no longer tenable. The fact that that dissolution coincided with RoK's internal issues is pure coincidence.

Though, of course, the remainder of my post simply validates the theory that SF, unlike MJ, never figured out when to call it quits. Though I would love to see that medal- I need something to attack to my OWF signature.

RoK's internal troubles weren't the reasoning behind MJ's disbandment.

Which was, of course, not the point of my reply.

Though, of course, the remainder of my post simply validates the theory that SF, unlike MJ, never figured out when to call it quits.

I'd say the fact that the announcement in the OP came out precisely now, actually proves you wrong. Edited by Krashnaia

But this makes it look like the exact opposite. RnR says they're going, SF decides to pull the plug. This way makes it seem like the bloc has a feeling they won't survive without RnR.

It's unfortunate, the timing of that. The RIA really was in discussion about this before R&R said that. Obviously I can't convince you of this, but recalling past arguments we've had, I don't care to try anyway.

It's unfortunate, the timing of that. The RIA really was in discussion about this before R&R said that. Obviously I can't convince you of this, but recalling past arguments we've had, I don't care to try anyway.

Heh, I can understand it. There's no way for everyone to come to an agreement without screenshots, and then there's the calling that they're fake, etc. etc.

When did we argue about screenshots o_O

He said he couldn't convince me. That would be about the only way to actually convince anyone who didn't believe him. For the record, I wasn't actually arguing over whether SF disbanded of their own volition or not, just how it would appear compared to what berbers quoted said. Edited by Neo Uruk

Sad to see this, but it's always admirable when alliances have the courage to shake up the status quo for themselves. Best of luck to you all moving forward.

The gloating in here is both petty and misplaced considering the events of the last few months. But I realize a lot of you need something to hang your hats on after that stinging defeat.

Actually, I say it speaks volumes to their character that they decided to go out at a time of their choosing, instead of being forced into it or caving into pressure after wars.  They finally got some payback for the last 2 wars and decided to go out on a high note.

Don't make me agree with Rey...

You imploded your alliance, imploded your bloc, and sold out your allies for a shot at SF. Well done!

And then forgets that it wasn't even that war that did the real damage to SF.. 

Let's face it, in the history of SF, Mjolnir wont be a lot more than a side note. A bloc we fought once and then imploded spectacularly even after 'winning' the war. 

So enjoy and remember your 'victory' Bob, because no one else will. 

And then forgets that it wasn't even that war that did the real damage to SF.. 

Let's face it, in the history of SF, Mjolnir wont be a lot more than a side note. A bloc we fought once and then imploded spectacularly even after 'winning' the war. 

So enjoy and remember your 'victory' Bob, because no one else will. 

I mean, not to join the Bob Ilyani Defense League, but did SF not just win a war and then disband?

That said, I think we all know Bob had no impact leading to this dissolution.  Only I did.  And it wasn't because of Grudge or Dave--it's the web.  Y'all saw the web and went "good lord" and now everything's goin' to hell.

And it wasn't because of Grudge or Dave--it's the web.  Y'all saw the web and went "good lord" and now everything's goin' to hell.

Pretty accurate assessment. I can only hope people will follow suit to help clean up the clusterfuck that is the treaty web. I'm also hopelessly optimistic.

Pretty accurate assessment. I can only hope people will follow suit to help clean up the clusterfuck that is the treaty web. I'm also hopelessly optimistic.

I offer a solution:  The Cadogan Confederacy--you'll still have cultural autonomy but militarily and diplomatically I'll be in command.  All treaties will be to me personally.  I tell you, can't lose with this proposition.

I offer a solution:  The Cadogan Confederacy--you'll still have cultural autonomy but militarily and diplomatically I'll be in command.  All treaties will be to me personally.  I tell you, can't lose with this proposition.

If you can find one of those fancy feather pens, just show me the dotted line. I always fancied the idea of being a vassal state.

Sure, they can: they have to talk to you.

Oh man. I know you lot are loving my proverbial lynching, but don't you remember Argent being one of the larger supporters of greater MJ-PF relations, as well as a pretty successful cooldown of tensions over the GPF protection issue, done partly because our two blocs wanted to get closer together? Do you remember directing us towards BN for a treaty in order to find the best fit for our blocs? Do you remember that it was largely on RoK and NoR's initiative- NoR towards TOP and ourselves towards Argent/BN- that the post-war plans for our blocs to get closer occurred?

I understand that its in vogue with your current bed friends to criticize TOP members, but this level of tunnel vision (not to mention complete disregard for Argent-RoK relations during my time there) is simply ridiculous.

#1.  I was one of the major dissenting voices in Argent as it related to getting closer to MJ.  

#2.  I was most assuredly referring to your actions while in RoK, as you darn well know.

#3.  I have been nothing but consistent in damning everyone involved in said RoK drama including you.  I don't think my position has been anything less than consistent on that issue since the issue itself took place.

In short, you did terrible things and you should feel bad for them.  Those terrible things are utterly unrelated to my disdain for TOP, which has also been a consistent thread since before you arrived there.

#3.  I have been nothing but consistent in damning everyone involved in said RoK drama including you.  I don't think my position has been anything less than consistent on that issue since the issue itself took place.

And here I thought we got along in my (albeit short) time in Argent...