Amicitiae Nostrae Memoriam Spero Sempiternam Fore

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm alone I dream of the horizon and words fail me.
There is no light in a room where there is no sun
and there is no sun if you're not here with me, with me.
From every window unfurls my heart the heart that you have won.
Into me you've poured the light,
the light that you found by the side of the road.

Time to say goodbye.
Places that I've never seen or experienced with you.
Now I shall, I'll sail with you upon ships across the seas,
seas that exist no more,
it's time to say goodbye.

Good luck and best wishes to all from your ol' pals in Farkistan!  Love y'all and don't be a stranger!  :)

ohali? ASC, RIA, GOD, R&R, CSN, MA, NPL, RoK!  Together we did awesome things, gone but never forgotten.

Another thing of note. The Superfriends had the lowest new member adoption rate per unit time of any bloc. Over its entire expansive life, only 9 alliances had ever been a member of it. With perhaps one or two exceptions, it is not that we tried to get others and failed, we simply had a discriminating eye when it came to making new Superfriends. A pretty exclusive club. :D We also had one of the lowest withdrawal rates per unit time, with only two in its entire lifetime.

Edited by Great Lord Moth

I heard this changes nothing.

Well obviously the member alliances are no longer beholden to its blocmates when it comes to major diplomatic choices.

In a way, the biggest change is that it allows us to drift a little further apart. :( But there are more positive ways of looking at it.

Edited by Great Lord Moth

You know, when I heard of this I was dying to come in here and say something really snarky. But I suppose there wasn't really a point.

When running RoK's FA in a post-SF time, I made it my primary goal to diplomatically isolate the SuperFriends, and to reduce them to a political irrelevance. While I'm not going to take credit for that occurring (MJ was simply a cog in the greater political maneuverings, and its not as if MJ could have achieved anything that it did without it fitting into the larger desires of the power players), I'd like to think that I helped hammer in a nail of this proverbial coffin, and that is something that makes me happy.

I'd say that being a high government member of SF was a positive experience, but it really wasn't- I came into the fold in RoK during a time of pretty high animosity between the alliance and their SF blocmates, and the relationship was extremely negative all around. It's a shame that the old RoK forums are gone, because some of the posting matches there were pretty damn intense.

I will say this, though- working with MJ against SF was one of me favourite times in leadership on this planet. We had a very specific, very isolated goal, and any steps taken were for the achievement of said goal. The OWF sparring matches were fantastic and I haven't seen many on the same scale since.

So, I'll have a drink for SF tonight. It brings me sheer joy to know that we defeated you, and that said defeat was the death blow that has led you limping to this moment. But this planet is not entertaining without enemies, and SF filled that place (for a time) with passion and vigor. My time on this world would not have been as entertaining had adversaries like the SuperFriends not existed.

So, for the last time, fuck SF, and fuck Xiph. Winter is coming, cheers.

You know, when I heard of this I was dying to come in here and say something really snarky. But I suppose there wasn't really a point.

When running RoK's FA in a post-SF time, I made it my primary goal to diplomatically isolate the SuperFriends, and to reduce them to a political irrelevance. While I'm not going to take credit for that occurring (MJ was simply a cog in the greater political maneuverings, and its not as if MJ could have achieved anything that it did without it fitting into the larger desires of the power players), I'd like to think that I helped hammer in a nail of this proverbial coffin, and that is something that makes me happy.

I'd say that being a high government member of SF was a positive experience, but it really wasn't- I came into the fold in RoK during a time of pretty high animosity between the alliance and their SF blocmates, and the relationship was extremely negative all around. It's a shame that the old RoK forums are gone, because some of the posting matches there were pretty damn intense.

I will say this, though- working with MJ against SF was one of me favourite times in leadership on this planet. We had a very specific, very isolated goal, and any steps taken were for the achievement of said goal. The OWF sparring matches were fantastic and I haven't seen many on the same scale since.

So, I'll have a drink for SF tonight. It brings me sheer joy to know that we defeated you, and that said defeat was the death blow that has led you limping to this moment. But this planet is not entertaining without enemies, and SF filled that place (for a time) with passion and vigor. My time on this world would not have been as entertaining had adversaries like the SuperFriends not existed.

You imploded your alliance, imploded your bloc, and sold out your allies for a shot at SF. Well done!

And yet you still seem all too bitter.

Well I'm glad all the insanely terrible choices you made to get there were worth it Bob.

It's really easy to just SAY that, but you're giving yourself way too much credit here. We didn't live on political relevance. I'd say more, but the SF-RoK issue really is unrelated to all this.

Doesn't this just seem like the right time for SF to go away? Doesn't it make perfect sense now? Isn't it appropriate? I think so. I was in favor of this since before R&R's decision.