"Now and then, for no good reason, life will haul off and knock a man flat."

Official Fatherly Announcement From The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism

Sit down, sweetie, we have some bad news for you.  You're not in trouble, it's just that this might be hard for us to say.

There's no easy way to say this.  It's... it's about Alpha Omega.

Yes, honey, I know you love Alpha Omega, but our treaty with them isn't as young as it used to be, and it's been getting tired awful quick for a while now.  So we thought it was best for everyone if our treaty with Alpha Omega went to live on a farm.  A nice farm.  Where it has other treaties to play with.  Yes, it's the same farm where our protectorate with NpO went to live.

No, I'm sorry, you won't be able to say byebye, we took the treaty to the farm 72 hours ago, while you were at school.

Don't be sad, sweetheart.  The treaty will be happy there.  It gets to run around outside and have fun.  No, you can't go and visit but you can write it a letter if you want.

You'll understand when you're older.

Sardonic, GOONS Pilot
KenMorningstar, GOONS Co-Pilot
Emperor Marx, GOONS Secretariat
jerkdotwad, GOONS Strategos
Do Not Fear Jazz, GOONS Pecuniator
Council: Darksol, Slide, r00tn00b, dalstrs, NikolaP, Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AO gets turned into sausages or textured protein, will you be sharing?

I don't know what you're talking about!  The treaty's on a farm! It's fine!  It can chase rabbits all day.

(don't mention that the treaty's ead-day in front of the ids-kay)

Goons you lost a fine ally.

Good luck to both parties specially our brothers in AO

I second this

Leave it to Sparta to stick up for the alliance that left MDoAP treaty partners to burn.

Edited by youwish959

That's the joy of having optional non chaining in treaties.

I have a word I use to describe people who write treaties and effectively use them to avoid getting a little beat up. 

I have a word I use to describe people who write treaty texts knowing full well they won't be used in that most probably they won't be used in that matter, cowards. [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=20424]That said, I don't think all of that chaining bullshet is relevant[/url]

When your MDoAP partner starts the war, activation is optional aggression.

Oh please, Schitt. Go spew your bullchit on some fool who'll care. If you sign a treaty, you're in it for thick and thin. You don't legalese your way out by determining exactly who aggressed who and who farted on who. You roll out and defend your ally.  That's why that useless paper was signed. Alliances who do that are simply cowards. 

Edited by youwish959

I have a word I use to describe people who write treaty texts knowing full well they won't be used in that most probably they won't be used in that matter, cowards.

I'm sure that sounds very romantic out there on the prairie, cowboy, but you forget that Umbrella signed the same "cowardly" treaty that AO did.  But I'm sure you're calling them both cowards, not just AO, right.

I'm sure that sounds very romantic out there on the prairie, cowboy, but you forget that Umbrella signed the same "cowardly" treaty that AO did.  But I'm sure you're calling them both cowards, not just AO, right.

You can't possibly be this obtuse.

Well, you can, but you really shouldn't be.

I have a word I use to describe people who write treaties and effectively use them to avoid getting a little beat up. 

I have a word I use to describe people who write treaty texts knowing full well they won't be used in that most probably they won't be used in that matter, cowards. That said, I don't think all of that chaining bullshet is relevant

Oh please, Schitt. Go spease your bullchit on some fool who'll care. If you sign a treaty, you're in it for thick and thin. You don't legalese your way out by determining exactly who aggressed who and who farted on who. You roll out and defend your ally.  That's why that useless paper was signed. Alliances who do that are simply cowards. 

Yeah, sure is unfortunate when joining a war on the side of an MDoAP partner means putting you up against another MDoAP partner. We'd rather not fight our own allies, you know what I mean? Maybe you should go away and post elsewhere.

GOONS are great IMHO, and we're sad how this worked out. It was good while it lasted, but things change and this is how politics works out. Get over it.

You do know you're kind of a bit on the dumb side, right? 

Yeah, sure is unfortunate when joining a war on the side of an MDoAP partner means putting you up against another MDoAP partner. We'd rather not fight our own allies, you know what I mean? Maybe you should go away and post elsewhere.

GOONS are great IMHO, and we're sad how this worked out. It was good while it lasted, but things change and this is how politics works out. Get over it.

Been there done that, champ. It's a part of the brave new world we live in. However, you in reality had no excuse. Your only other ally was fighting on an entirely different front. You chose Sparta over Umbrella and GOONS. That is laughable at best. 

Edited by youwish959

You do know you're kind of a bit on the dumb side, right? 

Been there done that, champ. It's a part of the brave new world we live in. However, you in reality had no excuse. Your only other ally was fighting on an entirely different front. You chose Sparta over Umbrella and GOONS. That is laughable at best. 

Sure thing chump. We've always fought where needed - if you choose to fight your own treaty partners then so be it.

In all honesty FA is the area I delve into the least, so i'm going to speak accordingly. Sparta is historically our closest ally so we wouldn't go in against them, even indirectly. You know surely how things can be interpreted. Unfortunately it happens when you have to pick one alliance over another. The treaty with GOONS was old and neither of us was getting anything from it, this was inevitable anyway, whichever side was the one to cancel.

And just because you don't know all the inner workings of our alliance, stop commenting and guessing on things that are none of your business.

Sure thing chump. We've always fought where needed - if you choose to fight your own treaty partners then so be it.

In all honesty FA is the area I delve into the least, so i'm going to speak accordingly. Sparta is historically our closest ally so we wouldn't go in against them, even indirectly. You know surely how things can be interpreted. Unfortunately it happens when you have to pick one alliance over another. The treaty with GOONS was old and neither of us was getting anything from it, this was inevitable anyway, whichever side was the one to cancel.

And just because you don't know all the inner workings of our alliance, stop commenting and guessing on things that are none of your business.

You seem happy like a happy dude. That's all that matters, anyways. Good luck to you dude! Edited by youwish959