Declaration of War

I sure hope there isn't any crying.  And if TPC and OP are going to be the story of the round, I hope for OP's sake they get more help from their largest nation than what they've gotten so far. Rexius still has zero casualties.

Edit: For spelling.

Wasn't someone assigned to blitz him too? I wouldn't say that's the best thing to point out considering all the nations Citadel and TPC you guys missed him. Unless it was on purpose  :huh:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been very reluctant to join the trolling contests for a while now, but I guess I can't afford this luxury in the current situation.

Could be the last round. I wanted all of us to have fun  and start the round with a blast.

Since OP is one of the best alliances in TE (if not the best, considering their elite membership), they were a good choice to do just that.
What's more, OP has attacked Citadel last round. I'm a fan of many OP traditions, one of which is paying a return visit.

Didn't want to be impolite and wanted  to show my respect to the elite alliance :) - I've skipped the biggest part of the last round.

I always like to work with TE-professionals. Can't miss TPC there -one of the best as well.

Nobody was asking me for an easy ride - that's a fact. I'm in TE for fun and TPC guys are always fun to work with.

Regarding us not attacking some members: many our members are humans too and are/were on holidays. It worked both ways.

Of course we would be happy to meet in the battles again and again - many happy returns to TE and we all are happy for it to continue.

Fun goes on, friends :)

o/Citadel
o/Misfits
o/NDO
o/OP
o/TPC

My bad KingJames lolz!

Blah, blah, blah, we 3 should have been more prepared, its simple as that

My hat goes off to TPC and Citadel on the effort they have put into dominating this fight :) nonetheless, I havent been ass whooped as i thought i would after declaring 3 offensives, but ive held my own so far and this war has been fun :D

Holidays is no excuse, you guys prepared for it,had a strategy and it planned out! Well done gents

o/Misfits
o/OP
o/NDO
o/TPC
and last but not least... Bye bye Citadel hahaha
o/Citadel :')

Wasn't someone assigned to blitz him too? I wouldn't say that's the best thing to point out considering all the nations Citadel and TPC you guys missed him. Unless it was on purpose  :huh:

I don't know if he was one of the assigned targets or not.  I'm not involved in the war planning.  But chances are, he was one of the nations left for a random "late arrival" nation to hit.  He wasn't the #1 nation at the onset of war or else I'm sure he would have been assigned as a target to those who were able to be online for the blitz.  I like how you try pushing the negative side of his warlessness (is that a word?) onto the TPC / Citadel side rather than on Rexius who is online and active (Last Activity: 4/1/2013 12:40:14 AM), but not getting the back of his comrades. Anyway, he has been attacked now, so I suppose the point is moot.

Our original DoW was an updeclare of 60K or so NS, but for once, we forgot to take stats. They did start with fewer nukes, though by 11:48 I think we'd already lifted a handful. 

No it was not and Cowboy does daily stat downloads and is planning to post the stats later on.

All right. I don't think we'll kick up a serious fuss if RIOT enters the war; they've got 60K NS, but low ANS and no nukes. 

Edit: that said, it'd be nice if we could have formal confirmation from their leadership that they are in fact entering the war. 

Edit 2: since somebody's going to say it, I know their leader declared on a player from Citadel, but since TM apparently never requested them to engage Citadel/TPC, this could simply be a mistake or misunderstanding on his part. We'd like a forum post and/or PMs to the leadership of TPC and Citadel. 

Also, for the love of all that is holy, if you have a non-secret treaty with somebody, put it in your alliance description. We never noticed TM and RIOT were allies when we were planning this war, which sort of undermines the point of a public treaty. 

Of course you would not mind if they joined because they have 0 nukes and cannot damage TPC.

Sorry I don't have better stats. I was busy watching the Jayhawks choke away a commanding lead that evening. Anyway, for 3/29, the charts say:

TPC: 114k NS

Citadel: 178k NS

Total: 292k NS

OP: 137k

NDO: 149k

Misfits: 61k

Total: 347k NS

That should be before all buildups. Not sure on nuke totals, but they were roughly even when I compared them earlier that day.

Again see my reply to Chess your stats are incomplete and do not show that OP and NDO had 0 nukes between them and 3 Misfit nations had all of their combined nukes.

Nuke counts are by far nowhere near even! :o

So much this  ^^^^^

Which is exactly why we included The Misfits, who started with more nukes than they had players. 

You included them to pad stats don't give us your crap. Stand behind your "fun war" (Kingjames words not mine) have your laughs now but don't act like it was a brave updeclare.

Just stop with the crap already, if you wanted a fun war you would have came at us solo. Hell we planned on hitting Warriors SOLO and they had nukes while we didn't that is an updeclare and that would have been fun. TPC you guys have built like us and have big WCs the difference is that Citadel's nukes on top of the blitz damage and the lack of participation due to the holiday have made any fight impossible but as I am told it was the plan, hence my statement that you are riding Citadel's coatails on this one. You don't have to hurt your growth by buying tons of tech or nukes because your allies have after this war you will outgrow everyone.

OP and NDO had 0 nukes between them

:rolleyes:

Who knew that killing nonexistent nukes could be so pricy? :(

Oh, the nuke count..

I remember that  on the opposite side, since we' d been planning to destroy those nukes :P

Misfits :17

NDO :8

OP:4-5

Our side was buying all the time, but prior to the update  they were in the range of:

Citadel: 42-47

TPC: 6-7

We've  had a team of 3 members with 550 spies each, who were destroying all those nukes both before the update and after. Not to mention a few more members with 250 spies. Was a piece of cake to destroy those nukes without much protection.

So, most nukes were gone right after the update :P   Good work, guys :)

That's all, folks

Edited: spelling

Edited by kongland

It's like saying if you have 50 Nukes , you can nuke any alliance who's holding 1 Nuke. You just spy them away , And Nuke them 24/7 .  Since Nuking an alliance with only 4-5 Nukes ,is like nuking an alliance with no Nukes .  Im trying to figure out what;s right from wrong :) 

I believe it's more like saying, we have 50 nukes, let's attack an alliance we can spy away in one day, as opposed to Warriors/RE/SUN/Hellas that actually has a decent amount of nukes.  It's called cherrypicking, and it was done extremely efficiently.  How hard is our strategy to understand?

KVazLt0.png

I stand corrected but the essence of my post still applies ... TPC pulled a bitch move by a bitchass AA.

Kong I said before and I will say it again I have no problem with Citadel you guys built for war early, bravo. I will continue to say that TPC did not and attacked with you to guarentee there could be no fight.

This is the first chance that I have had to post.  Was busy with about 22 out-of-town guests at the house, including my adorable 8 month old granddaughter!   

I was able to check my nation for the first time about 10:00pm last night.  I found 59 attack messages, and found that my nation that I left at 5,500 NS was attacked by a 6,500 NS nation, a 7,000 NS nation and a 7,400 NS nation.  I wish I was not busy with family because it would have been a fun fight.  But my granddaughter comes first.  Did I mention that she is ADORABLE?

So last night, I did some checking on the stats.

What I find interesting is the declarations.

I know that for a number of rounds now, AA's are using the "tag-a-long" tactic when making their DoW's.  Select an AA or two to try to "tag-a-long" with their main target(s) to make the numbers fit.   That seems to have become an acceptable approach in TE of late.

Usually in these "tag-a-long" wars, all AA's in the DoW are attacked pretty much equally.  But I have to tip my hat to whomever came up with the new tactic used in this war. 

At the time of the DoW, here is the breakdown of the nation count of the AA's that were "attacked"....

NDO - 31 nations (42.5%)  
TM  - 14 nations (19.2%)
OP  - 29 nations (39.7%)

Now let's take a look at the actual attacks:

Pre-update blitz attacks (slots used against)....

NDO  -  12 (29.3%)
TM   -  4  (9.8%)
OP   -  25 (61.0%)

Attacks in the first 6 hours (slots used against)....

NDO  -  25 (31.3%)
TM   -  5  (6.3%)
OP   -  50 (62.5%)

Attacks in the first 12 hours (slots used against)....

NDO  -  28 (30.8%)
TM   -  8  (8.8%)
OP   -  55 (60.4%)

Nations attacked (in the first 12 hours)....

NDO  -  13 (34.2%)
TM   -  3  (7.9%)
OP   -  22 (57.9%)

Finally, Nukes launched against....

NDO  -  8  (33.3%)
TM  -  1   (4.2%)
OP  -  15  (62.5%)

So as I said, I don't know who was the master mind behind this tactic but I have to tip my hat to him.  Declare on three alliances to make the numbers look fairly good, focus the majority of your effort on the real intended target and try to avoid the one with nukes.   

This is an awesome twist to the "tag-a-long" tactic.  I have learned something new.  Thanks!  :awesome:

Edited by Thomasj_tx

KVazLt0.png

OP had three nukes at the time of the DoW.  All bought within less than 24 hours of the DoW....

Despair (Komplex) of the Blue team of the alliance Ordo Paradoxia purchased a nuclear weapon on 3/29/2013 12:00:37 AM. The nation of Despair now has 0 nuclear weapons. 

Glorified Bastards (14dwright) of the Blue team of the alliance Ordo Paradoxia purchased a nuclear weapon on 3/29/2013 6:38:41 PM. The nation of Glorified Bastards now has 0 nuclear weapons.

Doctor Who (Doctor Who) of the Blue team of the alliance Ordo Paradoxia purchased a nuclear weapon on 3/29/2013 9:30:36 AM. The nation of Doctor Who now has 0 nuclear weapons.

We knew we had less than 50% blitz activity when planning the attack. We decided to focus our efforts on the alliance and nations we considered most dangerous. A lot of NDO and TM got hit later, as more people showed up and got into battlegroups. (Also, I think your attacks in the first 6 and 12 hours are messed up - it goes from 50 vs OP to 44 vs OP.)

(For the record, if we didn't hit someone who was on your side, that doesn't preclude their hitting us. If you didn't bother getting in touch with NDO and TM to coordinate counters, you don't get to complain that they aren't properly involved in the war.) 

We knew we had less than 50% blitz activity when planning the attack. We decided to focus our efforts on the alliance and nations we considered most dangerous. A lot of NDO and TM got hit later, as more people showed up and got into battlegroups. (Also, I think your attacks in the first 6 and 12 hours are messed up - it goes from 50 vs OP to 44 vs OP.)

(For the record, if we didn't hit someone who was on your side, that doesn't preclude their hitting us. If you didn't bother getting in touch with NDO and TM to coordinate counters, you don't get to complain that they aren't properly involved in the war.) 

I don't think he was complaining, as your fine print insinuates, he was merely pointing out the obvious nature of this war. It was directed at us primarily with the intention on hurting us so that you can grow unchallenged. Great job, your plan worked but as history has shown we are a resilient lot and you know our moto "God forgives, OP does not". Now get back to having your fun.

We knew we had less than 50% blitz activity when planning the attack.

Actually 36 of your 59 active nations attacked in the first 12 hours (61%) and over 60% of those were against OP.

As I said, hats off to whomever came up with this twist to the "tag-a-long" tactic.  :awesome:

With the nukes difference it's obvious that they were preparing for an early war and we weren't.  Kudos to them for catching us with our pants down, but can we please drop the pretext of anyone looking for a fair fight?  It's obvious that this was just an effort to cripple OP, which we admittedly left ourselves open to.

I personally wasn't expecting anything and with all sorts of other wordly stuff on top of it, was not able to put up much of a fight.  Hopefully our next war will be more fun.

Edited by Azaghul

I don't know if he was one of the assigned targets or not.  I'm not involved in the war planning.  But chances are, he was one of the nations left for a random "late arrival" nation to hit.  He wasn't the #1 nation at the onset of war or else I'm sure he would have been assigned as a target to those who were able to be online for the blitz.  I like how you try pushing the negative side of his warlessness (is that a word?) onto the TPC / Citadel side rather than on Rexius who is online and active (Last Activity: 4/1/2013 12:40:14 AM), but not getting the back of his comrades. Anyway, he has been attacked now, so I suppose the point is moot.

I'm just saying it's a two way street, it's not right to pin it on OP when someone could have easily declared on him, especially after seeing the anarchy numbers.

With the nukes difference it's obvious that they were preparing for an early war and we weren't.  Kudos to them for catching us with our pants down, but can we please drop the pretext of anyone looking for a fair fight?  It's obvious that this was just an effort to cripple OP, which we admittedly left ourselves open to.

I personally wasn't expecting anything and with all sorts of other wordly stuff on top of it, was not able to put up much of a fight.  Hopefully our next war will be more fun.

Agree with every word posted.

Concentration of efforts is a new tactic now?

Well, interesting question.

Concentration of efforts is certainly not a new tactic.

Carrying out ones real intent by masking it in a tag-a-long declare is, and is awesome as well.

Hats off to the mastermind!  :awesome:

I hear you King but hear me... We won't cry but we don't want your tears later either. We are tired of your crap. As for threats you know us, you know we will regroup, and you know we will get even.

If this is your idea of a fun war your gonna love us later.

Paper aside, I can't have fun if my opponents aren't. We were hoping to have a fun war but clearly OP intends to make this war a precursor to a hostile round. Of course we know you will regroup, that itself is an argument against attempting to pull a fast one. I guess it wouldn't be a final round without TPC and OP going at it though lol.

And OP vs. TPC is going to be the story this round, OP it'll be a fun round, I know my last war with TPC I got around 400,000 Casualties.

lol good times.

I don't think he was complaining, as your fine print insinuates, he was merely pointing out the obvious nature of this war. It was directed at us primarily with the intention on hurting us so that you can grow unchallenged. Great job, your plan worked but as history has shown we are a resilient lot and you know our moto "God forgives, OP does not". Now get back to having your fun.

You know, in the not too distant past someone tried to do that to us. I think it'd be pretty idiotic if we turned right around and tried to do the same thing knowing how that turned out for all involved just a few months ago.

All I have to say is this:

Get over yourself. Without a doubt OP is elite, but the delusions of grandeur lead you to believe that just about every defensive war you fight is some grand conspiracy to take you down. Let's call this for what it is--setting the "you should have built a certain way" argument aside (which I am not making), OP was completely unprepared for war. I have no clue why, because it's not like you, but that's what happened. 

In TE, I've come to expect a certain level of readiness from different alliances. OP is at the top of that list in terms of prep. A complete lack of any defensive posture--during the first weekend of the round no less, when wars historically start is expected for others. It's damn near malpractice for an alliance the caliber of OP. With a middling nation and terrible ground odds, I was able to roll (at least initially) through nations that lacked air, spies, and money. 

Of course, what I'm going to say will mean nothing to the opposition. You are going to be mad at the world no matter what. Just make sure you look a bit inward (and stop with the conspiracy theories!) before you start blaming others for all your troubles. 

Granted I'm kind of new to TE (only my 3rd or 4th round after several years), so this might be ignorant, but are 2nd week wars really a thing?  Even with the fast pace of growth in TE, it's difficult to build up a decent economic base and also build up money, tech, air, nukes and spies within such a short period.  Especially on a holiday weekend.

It's obvious we weren't prepared, which as I said is on us.  That should have been clear preparing in-game for a blitz and scouting us out as a target.  You wanted an easy war and you got it.

Edited by Azaghul

Paper aside, I can't have fun if my opponents aren't. We were hoping to have a fun war but clearly OP intends to make this war a precursor to a hostile round. Of course we know you will regroup, that itself is an argument against attempting to pull a fast one. I guess it wouldn't be a final round without TPC and OP going at it though lol.

lol good times.

That is total DEFLECTION!

Why did you completely ignore my posts?

Are you the Mastermind?

If so, I look forward to talking with you on IRC and shaking your internet hand. 

Awesome move!  :awesome:

That is total DEFLECTION!

Why did you completely ignore my posts?

Are you the Mastermind?

If so, I look forward to talking with you on IRC and shaking your internet hand. 

Awesome move!  :awesome:

No, I did not ignore your posts. Stats should have been posted, that could have solved a lot of this one way or another. That's something I take responsibility for.

There is no plot, there is no greater plan, there is no mastermind. 

There is no plot, there is no greater plan, there is no mastermind. 

Damn.  I wanted to shake the MasterMind's  hand.  Shoot!

So now I have to accept that the major targeting of OP was not an awesome plan but just an accident.

Total bubble busting!  :blush: