How To Get More Members..

Yes we all talked about it a lot already and i still think my idea is quite decent.

Number one will get 2500 tech.

Top ten gets 1000 tech.

The rest of the top 100 gets 500 tech.

The rest of the active players that played from beginning to end gets 100 tech.

Of course the tech will be for your SE nation but thats the idea to get them to play TE.

We need more players! 600? Thats not a good amount at all!

What ideas everybody got?

Edited by Komplex

No. Bonuses are far too big for too little effort. They're fine as is.

Yes we all talked about it a lot already and i still think my idea is quite decent.

Number one will get 2500 tech.

Top ten gets 1000 tech.

The rest of the top 100 gets 500 tech.

The rest of the active players that played from beginning to end gets 100 tech.

Of course the tech will be for your SE nation but thats the idea to get them to play TE.

We need more players! 600? Thats not a good amount at all!

What ideas everybody got?

I agree that we need some sort of change to at least stabilize player counts, even if we don't go back up to 1K+ players (which I doubt I'd mind). I've always advocated that SE rewards for TE success should be both of the following:

1) Cool, interesting and moderately powerful; worth playing through the whole round to get.

2) Useful to both high-level and low-level nations. This can either mean bonuses that are as good for small nations as they are for large ones (which means departing from anything that can be bought for a fixed amount of cash, like tech) or strong enough to be useful to large nations and hugely powerful to small ones (which isn't actually a bad idea, since new players will have a bigger incentive to do well, and it'll make it easier for them to build their nations much faster if they play TE).

I'll recommend temporary wonders again (or minor permanent ones) as prizes to the top TE players; trophy wonders that, say, increase your soldier strength by 1% up to a maximum of five, or automatically shift GA odds by 1% in your favor, or power up your SDI/give you a better chance of breaking someone else's SDI. These are all neat, and the effects of them are hard to express as a cash value (as opposed to '50M for the tech, which is 1% of my warchest, so why bother'); it makes them unique and interesting enough to pursue. (I still advocate cash/tech rewards for people finishing in the top 25%, even if they don't get a trophy wonder). 

Edit: formatting. 

Edit 2: changing the first paragraph. 

Edited by Chess Tyrant

Problem is , nobody is listening . We ,and you Komplex , always tried to make a change in TE in order to recruit new members to TE . But the other side isn't coorperating . 

Maybe a base limit to how much tech and infra you lose in war should be applied so we don't lose players that get tech raided early and lose interest in playing the rest of the round. You should still gain tech and land in your attacks but the player your attacking can not go below half(just an example) the attacking nations tech,infra, and land. When you reach half of the attacking nations Infra, etc..... the attacker still gains tech, etc..... but the defender doesn't lose it any more. The attacker still benefits from war but the defender isn't completely destroyed so he can still recover.

Problem is , nobody is listening . We ,and you Komplex , always tried to make a change in TE in order to recruit new members to TE . But the other side isn't coorperating . 

True. Idk i think my idea will help bring some more players to TE. Doesnt hurt to try it ?

Maybe a base limit to how much tech and infra you lose in war should be applied so we don't lose players that get tech raided early and lose interest in playing the rest of the round. You should still gain tech and land in your attacks but the player your attacking can not go below half(just an example) the attacking nations tech,infra, and land. When you reach half of the attacking nations Infra, etc..... the attacker still gains tech, etc..... but the defender doesn't lose it any more. The attacker still benefits from war but the defender isn't completely destroyed so he can still recover.

No. The game is fine it just needs players from SE to join TE.

I agree that we need some sort of change to at least stabilize player counts, even if we don't go back up to 1K+ players (which I doubt I'd mind). I've always advocated that SE rewards for TE success should be both of the following:

1) Cool, interesting and moderately powerful; worth playing through the whole round to get.
2) Useful to both high-level and low-level nations. This can either mean bonuses that are as good for small nations as they are for large ones (which means departing from anything that can be bought for a fixed amount of cash, like tech) or strong enough to be useful to large nations and hugely powerful to small ones (which isn't actually a bad idea, since new players will have a bigger incentive to do well, and it'll make it easier for them to build their nations much faster if they play TE).

I'll recommend temporary wonders again (or minor permanent ones) as prizes to the top TE players; trophy wonders that, say, increase your soldier strength by 1% up to a maximum of five, or automatically shift GA odds by 1% in your favor, or power up your SDI/give you a better chance of breaking someone else's SDI. These are all neat, and the effects of them are hard to express as a cash value (as opposed to '50M for the tech, which is 1% of my warchest, so why bother'); it makes them unique and interesting enough to pursue. (I still advocate cash/tech rewards for people finishing in the top 25%, even if they don't get a trophy wonder). 

Edit: formatting. 
Edit 2: changing the first paragraph. 

Temporary wonders a good idea! That will get SE players.

Hmm. Of course, any temp wonder needs to last long enough to become useful; if you fight a real war on average once a year, and the wonders disappear after 90 days, there's not much point in playing more than one round per year. 

Also, any stackable trophy wonder needs to be both strong enough that it's worth having even just one of, and weak enough/not allowed to stack enough that it becomes overpowered. For example, a wonder that shifts GA odds 2% in your favor would need to not stack up to 5 times, since a 10% shift would be pretty huge. Alternatively, we could ditch the idea of stackable trophy wonders (especially temporary ones; a small reward is worth more effort to get if you don't expect it to disappear before you win a second one) and go for long-duration wonders unique to each round, so every TE round would have a new, interesting reward. 

Side question: would it be better or worse if the Admin didn't tell anyone the effects of the trophy wonder until the round actually ended? I imagine it'd be pretty exciting to compete for a mystery prize, as long as people don't expect it to be useless. 

• 2 weeks later...

Also in addition (or in absence) to that, perhaps a medal for the top 100 nations of the most recent round finished can appear on their SE nation page? The player, of course, would have to keep getting into the top 100 to keep the medal, which could serve as an additional incentive to keep playing round after round.

Edited by Dragonshy

Hmm. Of course, any temp wonder needs to last long enough to become useful; if you fight a real war on average once a year, and the wonders disappear after 90 days, there's not much point in playing more than one round per year. 

Also, any stackable trophy wonder needs to be both strong enough that it's worth having even just one of, and weak enough/not allowed to stack enough that it becomes overpowered. For example, a wonder that shifts GA odds 2% in your favor would need to not stack up to 5 times, since a 10% shift would be pretty huge. Alternatively, we could ditch the idea of stackable trophy wonders (especially temporary ones; a small reward is worth more effort to get if you don't expect it to disappear before you win a second one) and go for long-duration wonders unique to each round, so every TE round would have a new, interesting reward. 

Side question: would it be better or worse if the Admin didn't tell anyone the effects of the trophy wonder until the round actually ended? I imagine it'd be pretty exciting to compete for a mystery prize, as long as people don't expect it to be useless. 

Temporary economic wonders. 

• 3 weeks later...

admin, seriously think about my idea. Im sure it will bring WAY more players! At least 25% increase in players.

We're coming up on the start of the new TE round; if Admin intends to offer some sort of reward for next round, now's the time to announce it. 

I say everyone with 100k + Casualties should be good, because if people just collect every week or so they can easily still get in the Top 100, but like me I won't get close to getting there but will still have 2nd or 1st in casualties... It seems unfair to not get anything  :ehm:

We're coming up on the start of the new TE round; if Admin intends to offer some sort of reward for next round, now's the time to announce it. 

yea true. i wonder if admin got any new ideas for next round?

I say everyone with 100k + Casualties should be good, because if people just collect every week or so they can easily still get in the Top 100, but like me I won't get close to getting there but will still have 2nd or 1st in casualties... It seems unfair to not get anything  :ehm:

yea have 100k casualties a good way to show u active during a round so that could be another qualification for the tech in SE.  

Or for an unlockable wonder; getting a 100K casualty award could allow you to buy a wonder in SE that improves soldier strength, GA odds, or something. It wouldn't count against your one-wonder-per-month limit. 

Edit: though it should really be more like 400K-500K casualties; 100K is really easy to get, even if you aren't very good. If the wonder's worth aiming for at all, 400K (or just 'top 5 or 10' isn't a bad requirement). 

Edited by Chess Tyrant

Or for an unlockable wonder; getting a 100K casualty award could allow you to buy a wonder in SE that improves soldier strength, GA odds, or something. It wouldn't count against your one-wonder-per-month limit. 

Edit: though it should really be more like 400K-500K casualties; 100K is really easy to get, even if you aren't very good. If the wonder's worth aiming for at all, 400K (or just 'top 5 or 10' isn't a bad requirement). 

good idea and yea i say 500k casualties. 100k u could get with raids. 

• 2 months later...