Some notice before maintenance?

[quote name='bombuator' timestamp='1357180292' post='3070732']
what wars were going on before the Maintenance break?
[/quote]

Muscle Hamsters vs. War Doves (declared 29th of December)
Hellas vs. TPC (declared 27th of December)

Although, I didn't follow the DoW topics much so idk if those were over or not prior to the maintenance.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mastodon' timestamp='1357168714' post='3070615']
The game's free so there's no need to complain.
[/quote]

I understand, but some of us have fell in love with it, when something happens to it, we feel the pain :(
Also I got a donation on my account...is this what I got a donation for? For TE to randomly shut down in the middle of a round. I don't want it to seem as if im complaining but !@#$ happens. It has happened before, but we all pulled through it and managed to keep TE around. It was a suggestion, that if something like this was to occur, a friendly heads up would be nice, or let us know the ~ time it will be back up in. That is all. Besides that, I admire admin for all that he has done. I know CN isn't going through the best of times right now, I mean we were at 600 nations this round or something around that?

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1357185169' post='3070790']
I understand, but some of us have fell in love with it, when something happens to it, we feel the pain :(
Also I got a donation on my account...is this what I got a donation for? For TE to randomly shut down in the middle of a round. I don't want it to seem as if im complaining but !@#$ happens. It has happened before, but we all pulled through it and managed to keep TE around. It was a suggestion, that if something like this was to occur, a friendly heads up would be nice, or let us know the ~ time it will be back up in. That is all. Besides that, I admire admin for all that he has done. I know CN isn't going through the best of times right now, I mean we were at 600 nations this round or something around that?
[/quote]
Couldn't agree more, Swatch.
A courtesy announcement from admin would be appreciated. A lot of members invested a lot of time or money or both into this game, so they deserve to be advised. Nothing is for free in this world.

If you remember, admin decided to cancel the game a while ago without any announcement and only after multiple appeals did he bother to tell his plans. You can see the same style here.

Either he has decided to kill the game or he is away on holidays and isn't aware what the hell is going on.

Many of us have been trying to keep this game alive and the numbers have stabilised. To increase them, you have to do something extra.
In light of the past, let's not be so naively optimistic and think, that there are some "urgent" game improvements coming.

We did as much as we could, but we can't outrank admin, can we?

Let's concentrate on RL for now ;)

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1357179719' post='3070720']
Agreed!

Maybe Admin is implementing some past suggestions.

I also agree that this could be the end of TE. I don't recall a mid-round take down, ever.

And while I am in an agreeing mode, I agree that there are ways that Admin could improve and generate more interest in TE by implementing some past suggestions.

It's his call and let's all hope he makes a favorable decision.
[/quote]I dont know, People already donated, i dont think he would keep it down. Even if it was an accident

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1357191163' post='3070826']
I dont know, People already donated, i dont think he would keep it down. Even if it was an accident
[/quote]Have to agree with you on this one Stelios as that would suck wouldn't it if all I got for my first $25 donation was about 13 days of gameplay in this round.
I just can't see admin even taking donations in the first place if he knew the game would be down indefinitely 2 weeks later.
As nice as he has been here lately I just really can't see him doing that.

[color=#ee82ee] B-)[/color][color=#ee82ee] [/color]

[color=#ee82ee] Let's Pray, brothers and sisters[/color][color=#ee82ee], that the Mayans had nothing to do with this... unlesss... this is the birth of a new "world" for the TE community... [/color]!!!

[quote name='Polarbear' timestamp='1357218558' post='3070904']
only reason why i keep a nation on se is because te entertains me. if te goes away so do i from se.
[/quote]

I feel the same way. I love TE, if it were to be gone, who knows what would become of me :(

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1357221457' post='3070911']
I feel the same way. I love TE, if it were to be gone, who knows what would become of me :(
[/quote]

I've been with Cyber SE since xmas 2006 (sad I know), I joined TE last round and so this being my 2nd round I was getting into the TE version, especially as everything seems to have gone all quiet in the SE game!!

I'd just come out of war against TPC a day before the server went offline 'for maintenance'. Have to say, there's people saying it's down to an 'end-of-year' bug, but wouldn't the SE version also be offline?!! I, myself have 2 servers both UK based (nothing to do with CN) and neither went offline on NYE/D. I think therefore we could rule out the doomsday scenario of the server and maybe concentrate on the fact that admin may be enjoying an extended holiday (hopfully) and possibly somewhere were there's no technology to check the status of ones servers - it happens!

On another note, what's the chances of the TE version being integrated into the SE version to liven the place up??

[quote name='Deadairdave' timestamp='1357226145' post='3070919']

I've been with Cyber SE since xmas 2006 (sad I know), I joined TE last round and so this being my 2nd round I was getting into the TE version, especially as everything seems to have gone all quiet in the SE game!!

I'd just come out of war against TPC a day before the server went offline 'for maintenance'. Have to say, there's people saying it's down to an 'end-of-year' bug, but wouldn't the SE version also be offline?!! I, myself have 2 servers both UK based (nothing to do with CN) and neither went offline on NYE/D. I think therefore we could rule out the doomsday scenario of the server and maybe concentrate on the fact that admin may be enjoying an extended holiday (hopfully) and possibly somewhere were there's no technology to check the status of ones servers - it happens!

On another note, what's the chances of the TE version being integrated into the SE version to liven the place up??
[/quote]

Your last paragraph, doubt that would ever happen. But it does surprise me that it was only TE that went sown and not SE also. Admin hasn't been keeping us upto date, way to go. Does that mean my $25 donation goes down the drain, I hope not. If that is the case, I would no longer suppport this game as the players aren't shown any care. Come on admin... Bring TE back.

Edited by Swatch0

Another idea to promote TE would be for Admin to send a game wide message in SE to get people to play it, while implementing some several suggested ideas for rewards. Just a thought.

Edit: Whenever someone creates a nation on SE, and they get their welcome message from admin, admin could say to the noob to have a trip over to TE for more fun.

Edited by Irish Republic

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' timestamp='1357228939' post='3070927']
TOP prize for TE should be rewards in SE (infra, tech, land, money) you'd see a lot more SE'rs over in TE if it improved their SE nation [img]http://1.2.3.12/bmi/forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png[/img]
[/quote]

You get that as well as the flag, and it's not like the flag can't be sold for a few thousand tech either

[quote name='Irish Republic' timestamp='1357230057' post='3070931']
Another idea to promote TE would be for Admin to send a game wide message in SE to get people to play it, while implementing some several suggested ideas for rewards. Just a thought.

Edit: Whenever someone creates a nation on SE, and they get their welcome message from admin, admin could say to the noob to have a trip over to TE for more fun.
[/quote]

You get an update now in SE, that you have to click on the link provided, otherwise it won't go away from the top of your SE page. Although, saying that, you don't actually have to read any of the posted text in that message, or so I've found over the years, as you only need click the link then click your back button to remove the message.

Other slight problem I see with inviting a noob over to TE from SE is the fact that many noobs don't realise they need an alliance; and will be squished faster in TE than in SE. Maybe after a set number of days/weeks that message could be sent, once they have discovered the basics of the game. ;)

Send it when a SE nation reaches maybe 2000 infra; an SE player will probably have joined an alliance by that point, so most people will understand the need to join one in TE.