Initial "Peace Mode"

As I currently understand it, a new TE nation gets one day of "peace mode". That is, no nation can attack within one day of their creation.

In fact, if the reset is at 11:00 pm server time, a nation can be attacked in as little as 1 hour + 1 second.

I suggest that the "peace mode" period be extended to 3 days.

The peace mode period was 1 day when we had 30 day rounds. It should be extended to at least 3 days given we are in 90 day rounds.

Given the inconsistency in the resets, a slightly longer period of "peace mode" make sense. If we can not be exactly sure when the new round starts (last round, it was 1 hour before update for day 2), a couple of extra days to get ones nations set up seems correct.

Thanks for your consideration.

Not agree. Setting up your nation (ie doing nothing other than paying bills) takes 5 seconds. Everything else can wait. If you get declared on, thats life

edit: when I say everything else waits, if you are building, buying, etc on day0, you are doing it wrong

edit2: doing it wrong = round 16-19 TE metagame (where day1 rogues tended to not happen that often although it appears they are a regular occurrence now)

Edited by Therm

[quote name='Therm' timestamp='1355552412' post='3064009']
Not agree. Setting up your nation (ie doing nothing other than paying bills) takes 5 seconds. Everything else can wait. If you get declared on, thats life

edit: when I say everything else waits, if you are building, buying, etc on day0, you are doing it wrong

edit2: doing it wrong = round 16-19 TE metagame (where day1 rogues tended to not happen that often although it appears they are a regular occurrence now)
[/quote]

Do you expect hundreds of people to be able to fully set up a nation within an hour or two? Is that realistic?

Of course not.

I have an idea along a similar theme, what about a lets say 3 or 4 peace windows per round. A peace window would consist of blocks of 3 days of peace. Each nation gets to use their peace windows at any time they like during the round. Limit each nation to 3 or 4 windows / blocks per round.
For example, you could take 3 days at the beginning of the round, then get straight to war or have another window of 3 more days right after to build or continue sorting trades.
Recovering after a mid round war would also be back within reach of players that otherwise might not have been capable of recovering.

You can thank me with tech in CN:SE :awesome:

Edited by Kingneptune