Player of the Year 2012

Sephiroth

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave93. For all he's done, I think Dave93 has been the most relevant player this year, not merely by giving MK an excuse to go to CSN and avoid the potential for a devastating LSF-NoR war, but also with his actions during and after the war; including simply returning to TIO mid-war and supposedly spying on MK while within the applications process.

Compared to other players, Dave93 is not a senior government member and generally has no policy say, but for that he should be commended for punching above his weight. It's not every day a "nobody" can determine alliance politics, and not merely as a lever for the powers that be.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1354996766' post='3061884']
[color=#0000ff]You give your alliance too much credit. Really, you were a collection of small sub-par alliances before the merge, now after the merge you're just one large sub-par alliance. After the next war I imagine you will be right down with MHA and Sparta, where you belong. You know how the saying goes....[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Anyway, I'd like to nominate myself. I'm awesome, and continue to be.[/color]
[/quote]
You are a has been RV whose relevance has faded. Your continued attempts at regaining some form of your previous stature are sad. You should really try to stop embarrassing your self and go get your jello and meds.
[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1355073771' post='3062129']
This was an outright delusion that your alliance and the rest of Duckroll invented for yourselves. When we asked for evidence on your embassy, the "evidence" (note the quotation marks) we were shown was limited to a short snippet of logs from a member of MK who was not in government and never had been in government. When we asked for more, we were told something along the lines of "We don't need to show you any more evidence. This is just how it is."

Well, whatever. I guess fear and conflict fuel this game.
[/quote]

You sir get the cake. We showed you what we had and it was more than enough to cause concern. How many times did yall tell us you had to intercede to keep us from getting rolled whether it was MJ or something else. You know damn well MK had a hard on for BAPS and Val. To sit here now and say it was delusional is !@#$@#$ bull !@#$ and YOU KNOW IT. Im sure we should have just trusted TOP as they for sure had our best interest in mind didnt they.

Jack Tarr
Brehon
Scorp

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1355048834' post='3062075']
Why the hell have I been nominated...

[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa159/tlgf1968/myspace%20graphics/family%20guy%20myspace%20graphics/Stewie_Griffin.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Shut up and take it you dirty *&^%&

Also,

Brehon
AI Trium
Scorponok
MCRBT

Edited by OctoberBrigade

Autosave36 should have it he is a great mentor and when i was in OMFG he was a great chieftain and for IRON i think it should go to James or MIA both are verry good

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1355183592' post='3062470']

Compared to other players, Dave93 is not a senior government member and generally has no policy say, but for that he should be commended for punching above his weight. It's not every day a "nobody" can determine alliance politics, and not merely as a lever for the powers that be.
[/quote]

Dave was a former leader of TIO & MoFA.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1355185580' post='3062478']
You sir get the cake. We showed you what we had and it was more than enough to cause concern. How many times did yall tell us you had to intercede to keep us from getting rolled whether it was MJ or something else. [/quote]

I'm confused at what you've said here. First off, we were in disbelief at the weakness and paucity of the material you'd based your conclusions on; we most certainly did not believe that it was cause for concern. Second, it was largely MK (though NG was also important in this) that kept Mjolnir safe in the six months leading up to the Winter War. Whatever their motivations may have been in the matter, they were the party most responsible for ensuring that Mjolnir (Valhalla included) was on what ended up being the winning side. There are numerous leaders who can attest to this.

[quote]You know damn well MK had a hard on for BAPS and Val.[/quote]

No, I don't. But it's futile for me to say so, because---even though I know far more intimate access to MK's motivations and agenda than you do---you'll arbitrarily tell me that I'm simply wrong.

Had MK the long-term designs on Valhalla that you're suggesting, they could very easily last year have moved aside and watched while PB stepped on Mjolnir. The evidence just isn't in favor of your claims.

[quote]To sit here now and say it was delusional is !@#$@#$ bull !@#$ and YOU KNOW IT. [/quote]

Again, very arbitrary. I don't know what I can say to convince you. Note that whatever my faults may be, even my detractors do not accuse me of being dishonest.

[quote]Im sure we should have just trusted TOP as they for sure had our best interest in mind didnt they.[/quote]

As a close ally of IRON, we would not have sat idly by while somebody targeted an ally of theirs. That said, we knew that MK had no agenda with regards to AI, and as such there wasn't any action required. What, exactly, do you think that we should have done instead?

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1355162578' post='3062417']
I nominate Impero for his foresight.

I also nominate Rayvon because the Sith have been too quiet building those war chests. I wonder if he'll have the barnacles to spend it in 2013?
[/quote]

You better watch out for our barnacles.

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1355183592' post='3062470']
Dave93. For all he's done, I think Dave93 has been the most relevant player this year, not merely by giving MK an excuse to go to CSN and avoid the potential for a devastating LSF-NoR war, but also with his actions during and after the war; including simply returning to TIO mid-war and supposedly spying on MK while within the applications process.

[/quote]
freaking love the Xenogears avatar. that's player of the year stuff if I've ever seen it

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354971531' post='3061741']
You can nominate someone for Player of the Year for any reason you think might make someone worthy. Although only people who are still playing can be player of the year. To decide the player of the year for 2012, everyone is able to nominate up to 7 people they think deserve the title of player of the year, but you can't nominate yourself. Towards the end of the year I'll figure out who the top 10 most nominated players are, then open a poll for people to vote on the player of the year for 2012.

What can make someone Player of the Year? Anything people percieve as being good, whether it be good for the game, good for the individual or they somehow make CN more interesting for others. It is for you to decide what qualities you find to be good and who deserves the Player of the Year Prestige.

The prize for the winner depends on how many want to pool some of their resources to reward 1st place, also if graphic artists want to assist with a ribbon I might use that or make one myself. I myself will at least put one aid slot to use rewarding the winner.
[/quote]

Dropping all propaganda and biased bs, here is my list;

L33t - while I don't by any stretch agree with him, the efforts he put into the game to make things happen cannot be ignored. His actions directly put MK into the position they now sit. While people my not agree with it and in fact be angry, none of that changes his moves which were key for this year.

Pansy - While not nearly as active now as he was in the first half of the year, I know his tireless efforts as an Olympian and later as AI FA put together a package that certainly had a very large impact on Bob. While I am not giving him credit for the formation of AI, I am certainly giving him credit for their position AND the position he helped put his allies in.

StaggerLee - Stagger puts his alliance first and quickly picks up the mantle for Scorp whenever he isn't around. His communication and dedication to TIO is evident in all their success this year without question. Even when its a difficult situation Stagger will work it out and always puts TIO first.

Crymson - Many will tell me I am nuts and I am wrong, but it is very evident Crymson still does a lot for TOP with or without a title. Whether I agree with these things has nothing to do with whether I recognize the efforts done on behalf of his alliance. I also watched him work tirelessly in the Dave war and frankly that is what leaders do, the fact we have so few that do that is an entirely different issue.

Infinite Citadel - Its really easy when a pathway is set for a new leader to send it on a different track. That isn't what IC has done, in fact he as built on what L33t started, fixed what was wrong and has shown regardless of propaganda he will lead his alliance with intelligence and fore thought. While many assume this is a foregone conclusion, the fact is IC is a stand up guy that is doing EXACTLY what MK needs. Leaders who do that rise above, always.

Jack Tarr - Without pause through the years, Jack Tarr remained stalwart and steadfast in his ability to play a game and lead his alliance. He always saw both meant the same thing. Beyond anyone else in Bob he was always there. He spoke his mind and stayed 100% true to the FAN ideals. While many will see this as a dedication to his passing the fact is, he was a fantastic leader and when he spoke, while many tried to dismiss, everyone wanted to know what FAN was doing. Jack Tarr = FAN and that never changed.

There just aren't 7 available players of the year imo, so my list ends here.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1355244234' post='3062674']
There just aren't 7 available players of the year imo, so my list ends here.
[/quote]

There is a 7th. You are just not allowed to nominate him according to OP's rule :)

It would be interesting to see other alliance leader post thier candidates with thoughts and opinions on them as well.