Player of the Year 2012

Sephiroth

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1354982137' post='3061774']
Obviously Winner12345
[/quote]I looked this guy up. To me it looks like he would be a worthy canidate if he would have had the balls to stand up to you guys. But now i feel if he's choosen, it would kinda be like Time Mag choosing Sandra Fluke or Jay-Z as person of the year. But as a new guy, i want to be a part of things so in my short time here i have made a list:

(Tom Marvolo Riddle was not availible on the forums but was as my ruler name, just so there's no confusion)

(Also all my post need to be said in Voldemort Voice)

1.Tom Marvolo Riddle AKA Tom Riddle who rules the Dark Mark with a murderer's hand, not afraid of anyone, not one person shall asume power great then that of me, Your Lord, Your Ruler. Those who disobey me do not know the rath that comes upon them. All who disobey me will placed under Cruciatis Curse(war) for 7 consecutive days. You will tortured until death, your nation and it's people will only obey one and that one is me. I have greater power then you will ever have. The death of those disobey me will be a long and dreadful death. One with much torture. Only I can live forever. You should know this. You’re all fools, All of you, and you will lose everything, everything of value and everything that has any meaning to you. My powers are greater then everyone elses. I am not evil nor good. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. if you choose to seek power, you will gain power. If you choose not to, you will be destroyed where you stand.

And that is why i am Player of the Year.

Edited by Tom Riddle

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1355059513' post='3062092']
All true but for some reason changing our name and unifying caused MK to declare us the next enemy.
[/quote]

This was an outright delusion that your alliance and the rest of Duckroll invented for yourselves. When we asked for evidence on your embassy, the "evidence" (note the quotation marks) we were shown was limited to a short snippet of logs from a member of MK who was not in government and never had been in government. When we asked for more, we were told something along the lines of "We don't need to show you any more evidence. This is just how it is."

Well, whatever. I guess fear and conflict fuel this game.

All true but for some reason changing our name and unifying caused MK to declare us the next enemy. It has also resulted in the shrinkage of DH balls. A few months ago it was everything must die, who needs a CB etc and now its dont make a mistake dont take any unnecessary chances. The world is a safer place and everyone does not have to die because short attention spans have given way to small testis. Things have changed and the bullies are back in their box.

edit: give it to someone in MK they are always desperate to win these polls.
[/quote]

DR are gunning for MK alongside allies who are foaming at the mouth for DH, it's been made clear, like "we are coming for DH in the near future" clear, all DR and co are waiting for is a valid CB to come down as the beacon of hope to save cn from "cbless" wars "created" by the villainous DH. I'm personally patiently waiting for their descent, war is the only thing that's actually any fun these days, plus some elements in DR can provide a good fight so be good to flex the nukes!hehe can't deny having a healthy green glow, I myself glowed green many a time! :P

Kahl Rahn, scorp and TIO gov, amazing work they done in the last year getting tio sanctioned can't be dismissed.
Natan, domisi, raken, daikos also done a great job at umbs, goldielax from VE were awesome and Phoebus because it's phoebus I guess....those mine selection for players of year.

Edited by Amossio

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1355041900' post='3062064']
I really can't help you, Starfox, if you're incapable of reading, understanding, or admitting to the part where I stated my actions don't mirror those I criticized, a claim which you summarily refused to back up (instead simply rewording but restating your initial belief).

I'm being cool because I'm challenging you to put up or shut up? That's all it takes?
[/quote]
No, it's just the general vibe you give off.

You responded to my post stating that you don't understand by saying that I don't understand. Roger. Got it. I knew this would go nowhere and I'm entirely not surprised. When arguing with SirWilliam, the only outcome will be him taking the superiority stance, and you going in circles.

How revered you must be.

Anyway, this topic is filled with lackluster picks because there was no solid player of the year. When you look back to previous years, you can practically name who the star of that year was. Now? No, you couldn't. I award this current ruling class as the most boring of all-time.

Edited by Starfox101

[quote name='Master Hakai' timestamp='1355087686' post='3062177']
It says "newbie" above your avatar
[/quote]So? My power and my great quotes should propel me pass all else. I am the most powerful and should be the most powerful. For all who wish to disagree with me need to know, my power knows no bounds, no limits, I am powerful, more powerful then you! Maybe not now but soon.....

All true but for some reason changing our name and unifying caused MK to declare us the next enemy. It has also resulted in the shrinkage of DH balls. A few months ago it was everything must die, who needs a CB etc and now its dont make a mistake dont take any unnecessary chances. The world is a safer place and everyone does not have to die because short attention spans have given way to small testis. Things have changed and the bullies are back in their box.

edit: give it to someone in MK they are always desperate to win these polls.
[/quote]
Did you just watch Snatch or something? This sounds like part of Bullet Tooth Tony's speach in the cafe.

[quote name='Tom Riddle' timestamp='1355089136' post='3062188']
No. Just no.
[/quote]

You tried, Winner, and I can totally understand why you're getting so many nominations on this thread.... you have made an impact on this game, and the forums in particular. But for a new player to just come here and recognize Winner12345 as a "worthy candidate" for having "the balls to stand up to you guys"?? No, that's not the reason Winner/you are being nominated, and I don't believe that a new, objective, player would think that by reading Winner's posts and the stuff he got up to. Plus, you don't appear as a visitor to Winner's profile page, which I would imagine is the first port of call for someone wanting to "look this guy up".

So that's what gave it away. The Harry Potter stuff and the swipe at an irritant of the Republican party confirmed it for me (though I had to look up Sandra Fluke and Tom Riddle first, because I'm otherwise ignorant of Harry Potter and American politics). Other than that, your posting style was different enough[color=#ff0000][b][size=5]*[/size][/b][/color] from Winner12345 to be almost convincing. So, like I said, it was a nice try.

[color=#ff0000][b][size=5]*[/size][/b][/color]Although your high posting-rate is also quite distinctive.

Edited by Igumen

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1355046634' post='3062070']
I don't get some of those nominations. They're meant to be for the player of the year. THIS year. Now, I understand some of them are good friends of yours and/or did a lot for your alliance but are they actually the player of the year 2012 for the entire planet Bob?

Also, Methrage, limit the votes: there's no need to put the top 50. The ten most nominated should be in the running, not someone who had 2 nominations.
[/quote]
Yeah, I'll probably just do the top 10 like i was thinking originally.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1355087847' post='3062179']
No, it's just the general vibe you give off.

You responded to my post stating that you don't understand by saying that I don't understand. Roger. Got it. I knew this would go nowhere and I'm entirely not surprised. When arguing with SirWilliam, the only outcome will be him taking the superiority stance, and you going in circles.

How revered you must be.

Anyway, this topic is filled with lackluster picks because there was no solid player of the year. When you look back to previous years, you can practically name who the star of that year was. Now? No, you couldn't. I award this current ruling class as the most boring of all-time.
[/quote]

Weren't you absent for most of the year?

No, Starfox, I just bother to at least attempt to back up what I say instead of arriving at conclusions not supported by the circumstances. Now if only you could channel your feelings about how uncool those that disagree with you are into an argument that holds some water...

I will agree though that strong candidates are lacking. I think it has less to do with the current ruling class being boring (after all, how often have their actions - their raids, wars, etc - ruffled yours and others' feathers, oftentimes nearly to the point of histerics?), and more to do with the fact that it was a slow year without an abundance of characters even looking to make a profound impact.

If I had to choose someone I'd go with Dave93. He may have been mostly a means to an end, and not the actual facilitator of that end, but he was the pivotal character in the year's biggest war (and a controversial one at that).

[quote name='Tom Riddle' timestamp='1355089136' post='3062188']
No. Just no.
[/quote]
Welcome back, Winner. At least you're putting on a better character this time.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1355093046' post='3062212']
Weren't you absent for most of the year?
[/quote]
267 day old nation. You do the math. Not like I missed anything from those two months, though.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1355096559' post='3062231']
267 day old nation. You do the math. Not like I missed anything from those two months, though.
[/quote]

I'm really sorry to be responding to you, but would you like for me to once again bring up some old logs of ours? You know the ones I'm speaking of. I'll go ahead and remind you: in a conversation on August 3rd, you openly said that you did not know what had happened here in the prior two years.

In other words, we have here caught you lying in an attempt to preserve the legitimacy of the methods you use to satisfy your need for attention. That you do this so blatantly is of no surprise to anyone, but I figured I'd point it out anyway. Just give it up already. It's highly transparent and really unnecessary.

Edited by Crymson