Honest Signatures

D34th

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1354931301' post='3061587']
And which bloc would that be? OR are you referring to actions in the past? Because, you know, if they've changed things to move them away from DH....then...well, you'll have to reevaluate, right?
[/quote]
In the future if they change, my opinion of them will of course change. Although its what they do which matters much more than what they say, so them taking actions show how much they have changed is required for me to consider them as having really changed. You could say you've changed until you're blue in the face, but if in the next war you fight alongside GOONS yet again then you haven't changed much regardless of any talk or rumors. Its what we do which defines us.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1354928314' post='3061576']
Make one for the Cult. The four lines will be:

Schattenmann
Schattenmann
Schattenmann
Schattenmann
[/quote]
Actually it would be continually scrolling "words, words, words, words", and it would never stop and get to a point.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1354981067' post='3061770']
Actually it would be continually scrolling "words, words, words, words", and it would never stop and get to a point.
[/quote]
If he's going to do a Schattenmann one, he should definitly do a Methrage one as well. Although not how you would want it. But I think Death can make some pretty good sigs if he wants to, so I kind of want one if he does any for individuals.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1354981067' post='3061770']Actually it would be continually scrolling "words, words, words, words", and it would never stop and get to a point.[/quote]
Good one as well. Death we have an idea here... :ehm:

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1354979521' post='3061762']
so there is a man for all of us out there :P!hehe I do kid bud!but some of these sigs are pretty gd!

nice dtwist d35th hehe!
[/quote]

I pissed in my bed 13 years ago and have been lying in it since (married to a female, as you know :P)

I may change angles though, for a pretty boy like you!

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1354966876' post='3061727']
To my understanding Death's original idea was the mocking of the initial concept and how to go about it, but to be honest I don't follow CN with much attention anymore: if I am wrong I stand corrected.
I still love Death's execution and TBH, from an OOC point of view, I find the mocking more entertaining than the original. This is anyway natural, being this just a game. From an IC point of view the original ones are surely equally good and well executed.
[/quote]

Just when you think the single strand of hair cannot be split any further...

Seriously though, I chuckled. It was clever, it got the instant reaction, so it was clearly successful.

If I were to critique its propaganda value, I might say that it only speaks to its own friendly audience, and its audience is the true believers on what D34th sees as his side. It has no ability to sway people who are not already inclined to agree with him. So in the end, all it does is preach to the choir. I think his talents could be put to better use in a way that actually chips away at the core of the DH identity and its supposed pawns in C&G and other ancillary alliances. So it is really just throw-away cheer leading intended for a domestic audience.

-Craig
[i]edit: for clarification -- fixed bad wordings and stuff and things[/i]

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1354989003' post='3061808']

Seriously though, I chuckled. It was clever, it got the instant reaction, so it was clearly successful.

If I were to critique its propaganda value, I might say that it only speaks to its own friendly audience, and its audience is the true believers on what D34th sees as his side. It has no ability to sway people who are not already inclined to agree with him. So in the end, all it does is preach to the choir. I think his talents could be put to better use in a way that actually chips away at the core of the DH identity and its supposed pawns in C&G and other ancillary alliances. So it is really just throw-away cheer leading intended for a domestic audience.

-Craig
[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with appeasing the people who appreciate his work the most :P

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1354989003' post='3061808']

-Craig
[/quote]
It gives people who agree with Death something pretty they can put in their sig area to show their support sums it up pretty well. If someone of the alliances mentioned in the sigs don't want to be what they are portrayed as, then as a secondary effect it might make some members of those alliances think about why people see them that way.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1354989446' post='3061812']

There is nothing wrong with appeasing the people who appreciate his work the most :P
[/quote]

I hate to get all philosophical and serious about this, but... He didn't counter with cool sigs for his own side. That would have been a healthy, progressive, and positive response. He just mocked. Mockery is easy.

I get it. It's satire. I love satire. I just hate the ironic !@#$%baggery that permeates this game. Everyone is always looking for the one-liner that fully captures the humiliation they want to project on their enemy. And they get more mean-spirited and personal every day.

-Craig

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1354990273' post='3061819']
I hate to get all philosophical and serious about this, but... He didn't counter with cool sigs for his own side. That would have been a healthy, progressive, and positive response. He just mocked. Mockery is easy.

I get it. It's satire. I love satire. I just hate the ironic !@#$%baggery that permeates this game. Everyone is always looking for the one-liner that fully captures the humiliation they want to project on their enemy. And they get more mean-spirited and personal every day.

-Craig
[/quote]

He made me and others laugh with his mockery. I'd say that's a good result.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354924033' post='3061553']
They've been very well known to being a DH puppet for a long time, if they are trying to shake that image they haven't done enough to do so yet. After they've been a DH puppet for so long, latching onto a bloc of mostly DH members, it will take some action and effort on their part if they want to be seen differently.
[/quote]

I'd love to see an example of such puppetry.

I was never against Everything Must Die but I am now totally against an ironic rendition of C+ quality signatures because I believe they're harming the quality of game play.

See, a one liner not on a sig.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1354993185' post='3061849']
I was never against Everything Must Die but I am now totally against an ironic rendition of C+ quality signatures because I believe they're harming the quality of game play.

See, a one liner not on a sig.
[/quote]

Oh god the irony. Thank you. Thank you for proving to me that I am never wrong.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1354992463' post='3061836']
I'd love to see an example of such puppetry.
[/quote]
I'm thinking along the lines of you guys allowing MK to use you guys to advance their goals, such as when they wanted to go after NPO they had you guys attack NpO + all their allies to make sure nobody could assist NPO and all the opposition was already busy in a war with you guys. I realize that war might seem like a while ago to you, but with the manner in which time passes that is the most recent stuff you guys have been up to worth remembering.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1354994032' post='3061854']
Oh god the irony. Thank you. Thank you for proving to me that I am never wrong.

-Craig
[/quote]

thatsthejoke.jpg

^ This right here.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354994315' post='3061858']

I'm thinking along the lines of you guys allowing MK to use you guys to advance their goals, such as when they wanted to go after NPO they had you guys attack NpO + all their allies to make sure nobody could assist NPO and all the opposition was already busy in a war with you guys. I realize that war might seem like a while ago to you, but with the manner in which time passes that is the most recent stuff you guys have been up to worth remembering.
[/quote]

Nah, that was a PB led war. VE, PC, iFOK, FOK wanted Polar and GOONS and Umb wanted NPO. MK just went along for the ride.

At least that's how I remember it. I was in PC for 2 weeks before it started.

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1354995302' post='3061865']
Nah, that was a PB led war. VE, PC, iFOK, FOK wanted Polar and GOONS and Umb wanted NPO. MK just went along for the ride.

[/quote]
MK tends to do that and let people think they are leading in wars against targets approved by MK.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1354995302' post='3061865']

[/quote]

I believe I was in GOONS at the time and if you say they were the driving force to wanting NPO smashed, you're deluded.

What you should have said was Umbrella wanted NPO > GOONS were sheeple.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354994315' post='3061858']
[/quote]

Your example is not based in the reality of the situation. We started the war we started because of our own reasons for starting it, and MK's desires never played in to it. Even if everything you say is true (of which none of it is), you are citing a 2 year old war that VE started as the only example of VE as "very well known to being a DH puppet for a long time" and I would like to see how someone can honestly say that.