Le Roi est Mort

Armed Society

[i]A public address from Gabriel Pope, Commander of the Antipolemarch Militia:[/i]

When the Antipolemarch Militia withdrew from Xenios just ten days ago, we knew we had only accomplished part of our mission. The Polemarch and his puppet, King Michael I, were nowhere to be seen. The Polemarch's military disbanded, his technology was claimed by the Militia, and his infrastructure lay in ruin. However, the Polemarch and his King were never found, alive or dead.

Yesterday, we discovered some startling intelligence. The Polemarch, with aid from BlackClown of BLOOD CIRCUS and Eumirbago of World Wide Web, has risen from the ashes. The Xenioshian military has been rebuilt with greater strength than ever before. In all this, there is one piece of good news. Although Xenios is once again ruled as a dictatorship by the Polemarch, this transition from monarchy confirms that the King is dead!

Further, the national religion of Xenios has been changed from Christianity to Norse. We are thrilled that the believers of Jesus, the false prophet, no longer guide Xenioshian politics. However, we fear that the Polemarch may be slipping further into racist delusion, having converted himself and forcefully converted his deputies and bureaucrats to the ancient Norse religion.

The Polemarch has still not made a public appearance or statement since shortly before the Militia's first campaign. Nevertheless, I personally vowed to ensure that the Polemarch's campaign of violence and hatred would never threaten Armed Society or Jews around Planet Bob. That is why the Antipolemarch Militia has increased its strength by an unprecedented amount, and we have resumed our fight to free the people of Xenios and secure Planet Bob.

Edited by Armed Society

[quote name='Armed Society' timestamp='1354174374' post='3058023'][i]An open letter to the people and leader of the Free Land of Cathari, from the desk of Gabriel Pope, commander of the Antipolemarch Militia:[/i]
..[i][b].I was among the first group of Christians [/b][/i]who sought refuge from the intolerant and cruel Polemarch in Armed Society.
[/quote]

[quote][i]An open letter to the people and leader of the Free Land of Cathari, from the desk of Roland Williams, [/i]

Commander Pope, you may recall, [i][b]is a follower of Jesus Christ[/b][/i] who sought refuge in Armed Society when Xenioshian aggression decimated his homeland.
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114001&hl="][b]Source[/b][/url]

[quote name='Armed Society' timestamp='1354174374' post='3058023']
[i]A public address from Gabriel Pope, Commander of the Antipolemarch Militia:[/i]

Further, the national religion of Xenios has been changed from Christianity to Norse. [b]We are thrilled that the believers of Jesus, the false prophet, no longer guide Xenioshian politics.[/b] However, we fear that the Polemarch may be slipping further into racist delusion, having converted himself and forcefully converted his deputies and bureaucrats to the ancient Norse religion.
[/quote]

(Emphasis mine)

Just what kind of "follower of Christ" are you? Besides being a hypocritical one.

I would also add that, as you appear to be interested in the politics of Xenios, that I'm pretty sure the "king" was a pre-teen and that Polemarch was/is his regent, as the king hadn't yet reached the age of consent. I therefore find your glorying over his death very distasteful.

OOC: if you're going to RP, pay more attention to what others say and [u]definitely [/u]remember what you've said, so you don't contradict yourself within a few days.

OOC: That didn't take long. You think I'd forget with a name like Gabriel Pope?

[i]An open letter to the people and leader of the Free Land of Cathari, from the desk of Gabriel Pope, commander of the Antipolemarch Militia:[/i]

The nation of Armed Society is rapidly evolving. The Antipolemarch Militia has almost 14,000 volunteers, representing a population of only 31,000. During our last campaign, I came to realize that the followers of the wayward Jew, Jesus, have nothing to offer me but lies. Lies converted my ancestors long ago, and lies bound me, but I have cast off the shame of Christianity. Just a few days ago, the Militia held a mass conversion ceremony. There is no longer a single Christian within our ranks.

The whole nation is now involved in the war effort, building planes and launching cruise missiles and manning tanks. Many in Armed Society believe our common goals might make us reconsider the Armed Society experiment, and establish a State to ensure our borders are secure against the Polemarch's aggression. A few Jewish leaders in Armed Society have established a Transitional Council to determine what form, if any, our future government might take accounting for this massive demographic shift.

I would urge you to follow my lead, but a life without proselytizing is a peaceful life indeed.

Hmmm.... unconvincing. And no response to your glorying over the death of a prepubescent boy. Your doing more damage to the Jewish religion by representing it in such a manner than anything spewed out by Xenios.

[quote name='Armed Society' timestamp='1354268026' post='3058503']
OOC: That didn't take long. You think I'd forget with a name like Gabriel Pope?[/quote]

It would be quite foolish to forget, but I can only judge based on what I've read from you so far. So, yes, I think you were entirely capable of forgetting.

[i]An open letter to the people and leader of the Free Land of Cathari, from the desk of Gabriel Pope, commander of the Antipolemarch Militia:[/i]

I am not interested in good publicity for our ancient religion, sir. Pr[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]oselytizing is far below our station. [/font][/color]The Polemarch has resumed attacking nations based on his hatred of Judaism alone, and we are only interested in expediting an end to the bloodshed, even at the cost of increased violence in the present. King Michael I was a central figurehead of the Polemarch's regime. While the death of any individual is a tragedy, the King's removal from power is a constructive step on the path to Bobwide peace and tolerance.

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Igumen, you speak as if fortnightly conversions are not common practice on Planet Bob. Even the Polemarch himself has abandoned Christianity! Yours is a lonely crusade indeed.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Armed Society' timestamp='1354530930' post='3059955']
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Igumen, you speak as if fortnightly conversions are not common practice on Planet Bob.[/quote][/color][/font]

I have no idea what relevance that has to my last comment.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][quote name='Armed Society' timestamp='1354530930' post='3059955']Even the Polemarch himself has abandoned Christianity![/color][/font][/quote]

That you would think my comments directed at you is [i]de facto[/i] support for Xenios shows that you are mired deep in the delusions of the ideologue. Has it occurred to you that my criticisms of your actions are nothing more or less than criticisms of your actions. Excusing yourself by pointing out what other nations are up to does not help your cause, and should not ease your conscience.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][quote name='Armed Society' timestamp='1354530930' post='3059955'][/color][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Yours is a lonely crusade indeed.[/color][/font][/quote]

You mean the "crusade" on your threads? Yes, they are lonely in that no one else is responding to what you say. I think the total apathy of Planet Bob reflects more upon how nations see your nation than mine.

Even you seem to have become bored with updating your reports. I empathize [i]completely[/i] with your boredom. And as you're showing a complete lack of gratitude for me at least giving the appearance that you're not writing about stuff no one cares about, I'll withdraw communications too and see if you prefer talking to yourself.