[center][img]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx9/xFR4NKtheT4NKx/sicklephoenixflag3.jpg[/img]

Last night, Catharsis declared war on RE and NDO. It was at this point where the war reached a tipping point.

For all those that have been following, this war had complex roots from the beginning and only became worse as time progressed. No matter what the source of this conflict, the fact remains that LE, PS and now Catharsis have jumped into war...after RE had taken significant losses, and more importantly, without being formally asked to help.

Rarely does something like this happen in TE and for good reason. To be clear, on both sides of this conflict, the rules of war--the fundamental rules we all live by--have been burned. This has become total war. I wholeheartedly believe that this grievously wounds the game we all love. No matter what the set of circumstances that lead to anger and a desire for revenge, as leaders we are looked to by our members to rise above that and remain reasonable.

Every alliance is sovereign and entitled to make decisions as they please, but as stewards of the game, we have an obligation to ensure that no alliance or group of alliances ever possess the feeling that they can break these rules with impunity.

TPC has friends on both sides of this conflict and will continue to have friends afterward. TPC respects the alliances and leaders on both sides of this conflict and will continue to respect them after.

We cannot, however, stand idly by without attempting to bring this terrible war to a sooner end, both by acting on the battlefield and in the negotiating rooms.

As such, TPC and CoS declares war on LE, PS and Catharsis. We also announce at this time that we are taking an active role in clearing out this powder keg and achieving peace across the board.

We can only do this with your help.
[/center]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's only fair to say this:

PS goes into hibernation, TE becomes boring as ever.

PS says, "Ah, $%&@ it. Let's hit someone," TE busts out into global war.

[img]http://stores.homestead.com/smartassbartender/catalog/SUCK%20IT%20TREBEK.JPG[/img]

Also, I was too busy finding that pic while my opponent was hitting me.

Also, bought SDI. Got nuked first try. Selling, one "Like New" SDI. Never used.

[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1345525976' post='3023957']
totally disagree. forget all the talking heads full of drama, how is this mass scale war not completely enjoyable to watch / take part in?
[/quote]
Agreed, but these guys aren't us. Has TPC ever gone more than a round or two for a war?

How many peace threads have been started by King James negotiating peaces as soon as possible? Answer: Too many.

Anyways, this should be fun. Make sure to send Adude my way.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1345525999' post='3023958']
I think it's only fair to say this:

PS goes into hibernation, TE becomes boring as ever.

PS says, "Ah, $%&@ it. Let's hit someone," TE busts out into global war.

[img]http://stores.homestead.com/smartassbartender/catalog/SUCK%20IT%20TREBEK.JPG[/img]

Also, I was too busy finding that pic while my opponent was hitting me.

Also, bought SDI. Got nuked first try. Selling, one "Like New" SDI. Never used.
[/quote]

I'll buy it, I've got 14 Dock nukes pointed at my face :awesome:

Lets have a good one.

totally disagree. forget all the talking heads full of drama, how is this mass scale war not completely enjoyable to watch / take part in?
[/quote]
I couldn't agree more, global war is good. Most fun I have had in a long time now to get SUN and Tw to do something and it will be complete. :lol1:

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345526446' post='3023963']
I couldn't agree more, global war is good. Most fun I have had in a long time now to get SUN and Tw to do something and it will be complete. :lol1:
[/quote]
If the roles were reversed you would not be saying this

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1345525429' post='3023955']
Bout time? I don't know if that's the right response to this or not as I have lost track on what the hell is going on.
[/quote]

We weren't sure either. There was pretty intense debate within gov about this. The Catharsis DoW did it for us.

[/quote]

I do forget the talking heads full of drama--for the most part. Problem is, those people usually have some sort of leadership role and their actions impact the rest of TE.

Look, I am all for world war. I love big nations and big battles. But world war in which people dogpile in an effort to get revenge **and** openly talk about keeping grudges going into next round is an absolutely absurd way (imho) to do make it happen.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1345526121' post='3023960']
Agreed, but these guys aren't us. Has TPC ever gone more than a round or two for a war?

How many peace threads have been started by King James negotiating peaces as soon as possible? Answer: Too many.

Anyways, this should be fun. Make sure to send Adude my way.
[/quote]

No, under my watch we haven't gone that long for a war. You know why? Because it becomes boring for people. Having an enemy is great, but beating each other into a pulp with absolutely no real resolution at the end a multi-round war is ridiculous. Don't people always complain about carrying things over?

Sure, I've negotiated a couple of peace agreements--not as many as you think. Someone has to be reasonable. Just don't fool yourself--TPC is not adverse to war. At all.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345526446' post='3023963']
[/quote]

Again, I love global war. But I think everyone can agree that this is one of the more screwed up ways we've gotten there.
---
Anyway, the ball is in you guys' court. If you want to work this mess out we will. If not, we'll do what we do best and kill.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1345527156' post='3023968']
We weren't sure either. There was pretty intense debate within gov about this. The Catharsis DoW did it for us.

I do forget the talking heads full of drama--for the most part. Problem is, those people usually have some sort of leadership role and their actions impact the rest of TE.

Look, I am all for world war. I love big nations and big battles. But world war in which people dogpile in an effort to get revenge **and** openly talk about keeping grudges going into next round is an absolutely absurd way (imho) to do make it happen.

No, under my watch we haven't gone that long for a war. You know why? Because it becomes boring for people. Having an enemy is great, but beating each other into a pulp with absolutely no real resolution at the end a multi-round war is ridiculous. Don't people always complain about carrying things over?

Sure, I've negotiated a couple of peace agreements--not as many as you think. Someone has to be reasonable. Just don't fool yourself--TPC is not adverse to war. At all.

Again, I love global war. But I think everyone can agree that this is one of the more screwed up ways we've gotten there.
---
Anyway, the ball is in you guys' court. If you want to work this mess out we will. If not, we'll do what we do best and kill.
[/quote]
Honestly we don't care. We openly carry grudges and all know it. Lets sit back and have fun with this one. Our terms were already posted on the OWF. Come hell or highwater, no matter what happens no peace until they all get peace and RE asks for it.

What a farce! Where the hell where you when Romans were doing their down declares hum? Where the hell where you when Roman violates peace out time that they set and give us final attacks before sending peace? Where were you O~righteous one when Romans were up to no good? We have always been outnumbered by the Romans, you make no difference, now or EVER.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345527357' post='3023969']
Honestly we don't care. We openly carry grudges and all know it. Lets sit back and have fun with this one. Our terms were already posted on the OWF. Come hell or highwater, no matter what happens no peace until they all get peace and RE asks for it.
[/quote]

Eh, we're just here to crack skulls and bring people together. What you all decide to do is up to you. I figured this thing would last a few days anyway :P

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1345527357' post='3023969']
[/quote]
[22:43] <paul711> if they want to keep fighting then that is on them
[22:44] <Stelios> You argued against that point with me earlier... -.-
[22:44] <paul711> No I said we would not peace out unless it was offered to them

Had been offered to both. PS declined, LE it seems like peace may be reached. TFK I have sent messages to nations. One replied saying there was no govt and that they think they want to go to the end.

Catharsis.. Want peace?

Offered to all paul :)

PS doesn't want peace from anyone. we were bored and decided that hitting RE with our 6 man alliance would be the most non-boring thing to do. then NDO came our way and we were more than happy to war with their 40 man alliance as slots permitted. NDO offered peace and we declined, don't want it. now that we have TPC/CoS on us along with NDO, they get the same answer, no peace.

we just want to war and have our nations destroy and be destroyed. its been too much fun destroying our initial targets and we'll see what comes next with an even bigger obstacle. back to PS roots.

[quote name='Endurance' timestamp='1345527600' post='3023971']
What a farce! Where the hell where you when Romans were doing their down declares hum? Where the hell where you when Roman violates peace out time that they set and give us final attacks before sending peace? Where were you O~righteous one when Romans were up to no good? We have always been outnumbered by the Romans, you make no difference, now or EVER.
[/quote]

The same place as they were when it happened to me.... Get over it. It happens <_<