Suggestion

Poppo

It would be nice if the admin changes the cap on the size of wich a nation can be declared on.
As the situation is now it will be nothing but down declaring and bottomfeeding as is evident in the current war RE is waging.
I suggest a 90%-135% attack range or a severe penalty when declaring war on a much much smaller nation.

Discuss....

Edited by Poppo

[quote name='Poppo' timestamp='1345104600' post='3022372']
It would be nice if the admin changes the cap on the size of wich a nation can be declared on.
As the situation is now it will be nothing but down declaring and bottomfeeding as is evident in the current war RE is waging.
I suggest a 90%-135% attack range or a severe penalty when declaring war on a much much smaller nation.

Discuss....
[/quote]

NOU

Quit bawwing and learn how to build better. I've been downdeclared and you don't see me complaining do you? After wars you usually have 20 days and even more, depending on your AA, to build a warchest and get ready to lose your stats. This is the way of TE. If you have a decent warchest a downdeclare shouldn't be a problem for the victim. You have other people in your alliance, coordinate with them.

Edited by Eumirbago

a 90% lower attack limit would mean the current #1 nation (28,805.574 NS) would be unable to attack ANY other nation (the #2 nation is 25,353.831, while 90% of 28,805.574 is 25,925.017) and would have to rely on other nations declaring on him. At 135% upper limit, you would need at least 21,337.462 NS to declare on him, which only the top 7 nations have

Edited by Overlord Wes

I'm not sure about a 90-135% range. Maybe 75 or 80% to 200%? I would be fine with an increase in the standard.

The fact of the matter is that this is becoming a real problem in the game. Regardless of whether a down declare is real or imagined, the perception that it happens has exploded over the last three rounds.

The argument that people should quit complaining, that they should build better, etc. falls on deaf or unreasonable ears more often than not.

This coming from someone downdeclared every war, I'mma say... No.
Downdeclares add a level of moral arguments that can be made in the game if people decide they want to play this game a different way. That's a pretty cool thing.

[quote name='Tevron' timestamp='1345503195' post='3023847']
This coming from someone downdeclared every war, I'mma say... No.
Downdeclares add a level of moral arguments that can be made in the game if people decide they want to play this game a different way. That's a pretty cool thing.
[/quote]
This, a lot.