Peace Time

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1344095355' post='3018476']
I wouldn't go bragging about the terms here to anyone. Mostly your side leaves with empty pockets and lameass gladiator sport because someone was butthurt that their upper tier didn't get enough war.
[/quote]
So when you are defeated you want reps to be imposed on you. Noted

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344110224' post='3018545']
I eagerly await a current whiny or !@#$%*y quote from Schattenmann about the ~evil hegemony~ While we toyed with the idea, CoJ didn't enter this war precisely because we did not judge it to be worth our time or in line with our ideologies. I know, I know, it's almost too weird for you--a member of Deinos--to understand that there are organizations which determine their course of action based upon ideologies, politics, etc. You can read more via the link in my sig.
[/quote]

Save your condescending tone for someone who cares, I've led alliances and wasted away on IRC for days helping organize coalitions but then I just stopped giving a crap and moved on to actually doing something productive with my life. I sit in Deinos with a few old friends, largely indifferent to the political developments of the world, and hop onto the forums every once in a while to laugh at people like you who like to think this is all so important. You criticize my alliance for being a pawn in a greater mans game but you're not even on the board. Your alliance has done nothing in three years except fight in the worlds most incompetent coalition in DH-NPO and act as a bully pulpit for you to preach from. Your course of action is dictated by principle and ideology? You take no action, your ideology is a shield you hide behind and you pretend that your isolation from the rest of the world is leadership and strength. You're an emperor with no clothes, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQM8UKgt3Qs"]a 1960's beatnik railing against "the man"[/url]. Your ideology would seem to decry unjustified aggression, oppression of the weak, opposition to peace terms, and judging by the banner you've been waving around since this war began I'm pretty sure that according to you this war goes against pretty much everything CoJ believes in and you think MK are being a bunch of big bullies. Yet you're just sitting there. Talking about how you lead your alliance according to principles but then when push comes to shove I don't see you taking a stand for them, or for anything for that matter.

And here, I didn't even have to search past your last 5 posts, and frankly I couldn't be bothered to so this will have to suffice though I'm sure there are much better examples from this war

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1343760805' post='3017318']
Brave GATOans, I understand well your desire not to waste your nations on your government's peacock strut, but I encourage you to take your fight away from the battlefield, yes, but not via surrender: Take to the traditions of democracy, and remove those who would put the interests of ODN and MK above the prosperity of GATO.
[/quote]

Complaining about MK/ODN/MK Greater Co-Prosperity Sphere and how their so called puppet alliances should throw off their shackles and instead of following MK's political agenda should follow the agenda of you, Schat, true prophet of the Cyberverse.

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1344112227' post='3018551']You criticize my alliance for being a pawn in a greater mans game but you're not even on the board.[/quote]
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

[quote]Your alliance has done nothing in three years except fight in the worlds most incompetent coalition in DH-NPO and act as a bully pulpit for you to preach from.[/quote]
The only thing the vast majority of you are ever "doing" is robotically carrying out your treaty obligations when the same 5 AA's decide to set their war plans in motion and yank all you satellite alliance along for the ride. Our contributions are a work in progress, to be sure, but I'd say our Bamako Conference a few months ago and recent efforts to assemble a third side to the world are already far more of a contribution than anything your garden variety web AA will ever do.

[quote]Your course of action is dictated by principle and ideology? You take no action, your ideology is a shield you hide behind and you pretend that your isolation from the rest of the world is leadership and strength. You're an emperor with no clothes, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQM8UKgt3Qs"]a 1960's beatnik railing against "the man"[/url]. Your ideology would seem to decry unjustified aggression, oppression of the weak, opposition to peace terms, and judging by the banner you've been waving around since this war began I'm pretty sure that according to you this war goes against pretty much everything CoJ believes in and you think MK are being a bunch of big bullies. Yet you're just sitting there. Talking about how you lead your alliance according to principles but then when push comes to shove I don't see you taking a stand for them, or for anything for that matter.[/quote]
Bullies bullying bullies. We stood by and let it happen, guilty as charged. Wake us up when there's someone worth defending getting hit.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

Schatt, remember when Invicta attacked MK in this war? Right? Remember when nobody countered them? Yeah, that was cool. We had a large part in that. Remember when our announcement said we'd honor any of our bloc's MD+ treaties should anybody come under attack? And what happened? Oh yeah, Invicta didn't get attacked. We're not cancelling on Invicta because we don't have any reason to. Plus I don't want to lose my spot on Jorost and Friends Radio, and I don't want to get angry phone calls from Nas. Those are the real reasons.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1344112227' post='3018551']
Save your condescending tone for someone who cares, I've led alliances and wasted away on IRC for days helping organize coalitions but then I just stopped giving a crap and moved on to actually doing something productive with my life. I sit in Deinos with a few old friends, largely indifferent to the political developments of the world, and hop onto the forums every once in a while to laugh at people like you who like to think this is all so important. You criticize my alliance for being a pawn in a greater mans game but you're not even on the board. Your alliance has done nothing in three years except fight in the worlds most incompetent coalition in DH-NPO and act as a bully pulpit for you to preach from. Your course of action is dictated by principle and ideology? You take no action, your ideology is a shield you hide behind and you pretend that your isolation from the rest of the world is leadership and strength. You're an emperor with no clothes, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQM8UKgt3Qs"]a 1960's beatnik railing against "the man"[/url]. Your ideology would seem to decry unjustified aggression, oppression of the weak, opposition to peace terms, and judging by the banner you've been waving around since this war began I'm pretty sure that according to you this war goes against pretty much everything CoJ believes in and you think MK are being a bunch of big bullies. Yet you're just sitting there. Talking about how you lead your alliance according to principles but then when push comes to shove I don't see you taking a stand for them, or for anything for that matter.[/quote]

Hahahahahahaha
[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ER7V8FNWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/img]

Again, CoJ was formed as a post-Vox AA for very specific reasons, Deinos exists for existing's sake. I really can't blame someone from such a wildly different "culture" as your's for not understanding anything except NS or war declarations. We don't belong in every war, and we won't be in every war.
But you're definitely correct about that coalition: TPF and NPO had no idea what to do with CoJ, SNAFU, Olympus, or anyone else that showed up to defend them; it was a terrible coalition.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1344112227' post='3018551']
[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344110224' post='3018545']
[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1344109938' post='3018544']
Azaghul wasn't inferring your alliance is a neutral alliance in the sense of GPA. He's mocking you for whining and !@#$%*ing about the horrible oppressive nature of Oppressive Hegemony TM while sitting neutral on the sidelines of this war. As am I. Put your money where your mouth is
[/quote]
I eagerly await a current whiny or !@#$%*y quote from Schattenmann about the ~evil hegemony~ [/quote]
Complaining about MK/ODN/MK Greater Co-Prosperity Sphere and how their so called puppet alliances should throw off their shackles and instead of following MK's political agenda should follow the agenda of you, Schat, true prophet of the Cyberverse.
[/quote]
So that's a "no." It's OK, I knew when you claimed I was whining about this war that you wouldn't be able to show me whining about this war. It's a basic inability for a lazy retiree like yourself to engage in anything beyond obtuse mischaracterizations as "whining" any post that is more complicated than "o/" or "boo!"

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1344114807' post='3018562']
Schatt, remember when Invicta attacked MK in this war? Right? Remember when nobody countered them? Yeah, that was cool. We had a large part in that. Remember when our announcement said we'd honor any of our bloc's MD+ treaties should anybody come under attack? And what happened? Oh yeah, Invicta didn't get attacked. We're not cancelling on Invicta because we don't have any reason to. Plus I don't want to lose my spot on Jorost and Friends Radio, and I don't want to get angry phone calls from Nas. Those are the real reasons.
[/quote]
Fairrrrr enough. It's going to get much easier to stick with Invicta in the next few months, anyway, so might as well hold onto it.

Edited by Schattenmann

Wait, this war was still going on? I thought it ended after the first round of wars... Well I guess you could say it was pretty much over by then anyways.

That was rude. So Props to the Legion for putting up a good fight, you may not have been the best prepared, but you gave it a very good attempt regardless.

and props and to all the MXCA upper tier that came out of peace mode... both of them. What a way to lose a war.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344119052' post='3018584']
Hahahahahahaha
[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ER7V8FNWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/img]

Again, CoJ was formed as a post-Vox AA for very specific reasons, Deinos exists for existing's sake. I really can't blame someone from such a wildly different "culture" as your's for not understanding anything except NS or war declarations.
But you're definitely correct about that coalition: TPF and NPO had no idea what to do with CoJ, SNAFU, Olympus, or anyone else that showed up to defend them; it was a terrible coalition.

So that's a "no." It's OK, I knew when you claimed I was whining about this war that you wouldn't be able to show me whining about this war. It's a basic inability for a lazy retiree like yourself to engage in anything beyond obtuse mischaracterizations as "whining" any post that is more complicated than "o/" or "boo!"
[/quote]

I live to see the people I like prosper and the people I dislike suffer, and in these last two wars I've had the pleasure of seeing that happen. What you'll find is that myself, and many who are more indifferent nowadays, care little if we're the ones who pulled the lever that set the suffering of our enemies in motion. I benefit from someone else's machinations without having had to raise a finger myself. Hell, its a beautiful thing. Sure it is fun to have set the whole board of dominos up and watch as you set them cascading to fall, but at a point it stops being worth it to set it up yourself.

But by all means, enlighten me as to your purpose. We exist for existings sake, you exist to do what? As I said before, I'm not seeing you do a whole lot more than existing yourself. Those in glass houses...

And fine, you want to get into semantics, perhaps whining isn't the best term. More accurate, and perhaps more polite, would be to say that on several occasions you have expressed your distaste for the actions of MK and the ruling coalition. You have decried them and have suggested that they should be opposed and that so called "pawns" like Deinos shouldn't enable MK's agenda and should oppose them. Better? My point still stands, all talk, no action. You want someone else to do your dirty work for you like in Karma, given that the most oppressive thing this was has been a 10v10 duel with an alliance who hid in PM the whole time I'm going to put my money on the fact that that isn't happening anytime soon.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1344094924' post='3018475']
No need to rub anything in because you guys held your own and were pretty classy on the dance floor. :P
[/quote]

It was a good fight my friend. Two rounds for us personally, I always felt like the ugly sister with MI around you though.

WHAT YOU THINK I COULDN'T SEE YOU CHECKIN HER OUT ALL THAT TIME WE WERE DANCING!!!! :mad:

/me runs off sobbing

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1344126091' post='3018603']
Should have just asked for tech instead of this duel business. Still congrats on peace and such.
[/quote]

Can you imagine how many sandbags we'd need to prevent basement flooding from the tears the OWF would inevitably spew if we charged reps? These days, if you win a war, you're supposed to walk away with white peace and let the losing side pretend the won for the next few months. If you don't, you're evil.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1344131881' post='3018639']
Can you imagine how many sandbags we'd need to prevent basement flooding from the tears the OWF would inevitably spew if we charged reps? These days, if you win a war, you're supposed to walk away with white peace and let the losing side pretend the won for the next few months. If you don't, you're evil.
[/quote]

If having allies on every different side of a conflict ties your hands a bit, you're also evil.

Being on the winning side of a war makes you inherently wrong, as a matter of fact.

[quote]Should have just asked for tech instead of this duel business. Still congrats on peace and such.
[/quote]

Ours is a merciful Network.

[/quote]
If it's a war you started, then it's not "reparations."

[/quote]

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1344134829' post='3018672']
If having allies on every different side of a conflict ties your hands a bit, you're also evil.
[/quote]

> Thread is about you winning.
> Spend all your time complaining in it.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WSmXn.gif[/img]

[quote name='darkfox' timestamp='1344126091' post='3018603']
Should have just asked for tech instead of this duel business. Still congrats on peace and such.
[/quote]

That never came up. Probably would have been easier :rolleyes: .

Edited by AndrewHG

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344152350' post='3018769']
[/quote]

Extortion is not something I'd like to take part in, no matter how "evil" our coalition may be. I'd much sooner have surrendered to MCXA than demand money or tech from them for a war we started against them. Sure, we went in for allies, but that isn't our call.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1344156421' post='3018775']
> Thread is about you winning.
> Spend all your time complaining in it.
[/quote]

Don't you understand, Xiph? I refuse to win anything. Even when I win I'm sad. :(

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1344109219' post='3018538']
It's funny to see you admonishing others for which side they fought on from your high horse of neutrality.
[/quote]

Your cb was a pile of crap, stop crying that everyone didnt rally to your alliance when they were acting like dicks.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344119052' post='3018584']
Fairrrrr enough. It's going to get much easier to stick with Invicta in the next few months, anyway, so might as well hold onto it.
[/quote]

What's that supposed to mean?

edit: Congrats on peace. Good luck with your rebuilds.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1344167740' post='3018795']
Extortion is not something I'd like to take part in, no matter how "evil" our coalition may be. I'd much sooner have surrendered to MCXA than demand money or tech from them for a war we started against them. Sure, we went in for allies, but that isn't our call.
Don't you understand, Xiph? I refuse to win anything. Even when I win I'm sad. :(
[/quote]

Europa dispatched themselves completely honestly if not (understandably) a little angry at times. Personally I'd separate them into the "against their will" category. No hard feelings ernesto.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1344152350' post='3018769']
[/quote]
[quote]Reparation: : the payment of damages : indemnification; specifically : compensation in money or materials payable by a defeated nation for damages to or expenditures sustained by another nation as a result of hostilities with the defeated nation —usually used in plural[/quote]
I don't see anything about who started a war in that definition.

Also, I'd like to say thanks to the 10 or so Legion, Sparta, and to a lesser extent NADC and CCC members who caused me to lose roughly 99.8% of my infrastructure and freed me of half of my tech :P

Edited by Yankees Empire

[quote name='AndrewHG' timestamp='1344182168' post='3018844']
Europa dispatched themselves completely honestly if not (understandably) a little angry at times. Personally I'd separate them into the "against their will" category. No hard feelings ernesto.
[/quote]

I just didn't understand at first that MCXA was on a humanitarian mission to reduce my bill payments. I'm forever indebted. Also in debt.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1344191470' post='3018880']
I don't see anything about who started a war in that definition.

Also, I'd like to say thanks to the 10 or so Legion, Sparta, and to a lesser extent NADC and CCC members who caused me to lose roughly 99.8% of my infrastructure and freed me of half of my tech :P
[/quote]

You can't claim damages for something that was a direct result of your own actions.