Peace Time

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1345429856' post='3023606']
Not sure if you can or should complain considering you had Umbrella on your side declare war on basically every alliance opposite them whether Umb had a treaty or not. Not that I really cared one way or the other, but just saying. Anyways, hope this duel is going well and everyone is having fun.
[/quote]

It wasn't a complaint. On the previous page whether or not MCXA had the option to stay out of the war was in debate. That, along with their rudeness, was influential at least to some extent in the terms they received.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1345408968' post='3023534']
tl;dr

Look, when ODN refuses to back my alliance up in a war, I'll let you know you've won this argument. Until that happens, I will stand by my friends and allies in the Network as they have stood beside me. The goal of ODN and the goal of BFF are the same goal, and to call ODN out for their will to survive is rather foolish. Times change, and I know that ODN would ride to hell and back for my alliance much the same way we would for them. You don't have to agree with their policies, you don't have to agree with their placement in the treaty web, and you certainly don't have to agree with their posters (I lol'd btw, wes). Hell, you'd be a fool to walk away from this argument today agreeing with me [i]because[/i] our politics differ so greatly. But the one thing you cannot rightfully say, the one thing I will not accept from you, is the accusation that my allies in ODN are cowards. I may not agree with everything STA does, but I would never [b]dare [/b]call them cowards because I know it simply is not true.

It is extremely frustrating when a war isn't fought on an even footing, MCXA. I get that. I do not believe the staggered duels to be intentional, and even if they were, they are a thing of the past. Let's move forward, get to our rebuilding, and wait in the wings for the next !@#$%^&* CB to come rumbling across our planet so we can dance this dance once more. And when it does, we'll see who the real cowards are. We'll see which alliance is worth the pixels that make up their name. Until then, enough of the mudslinging and posturing.
[/quote]Listen to this wise old owl.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1345445622' post='3023679']
It wasn't a complaint. On the previous page whether or not MCXA had the option to stay out of the war was in debate. That, along with their rudeness, was influential at least to some extent in the terms they received.
[/quote]MCXA was never rude. Take it back or else...

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1345445622' post='3023679']
[/quote]

Ahhhh. Gotcha.

The amount of white-knighting of ODN in here is absurd.

Also Chax, unless your agenda for Europa is to be a big blob of shield for MK, you and ODN don't have the same goals. And what are you talking about "will to survive" o_O

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1345481476' post='3023771']
The amount of white-knighting of ODN in here is absurd.

Also Chax, unless your agenda for Europa is to be a big blob of shield for MK, you and ODN don't have the same goals. And what are you talking about "will to survive" o_O
[/quote]

What's a Europa?

And I guess you're right. Our agenda is to be a big blob of shield for ODN, who are a big shield for MK, who are ruining the game with GOONS. Slightly different.

Blob For Friends. You read it here first.

This discussion is slightly absurd. ODN was dogpiled at the middle and lower tiers, while most of the dogpilers' upper tiers stayed in peace mode (with honorable exceptions). MCXA was particularly egregious in this regard. Had the tactic worked to secure victory, they would have been able to set the terms of peace, within reason. They did not win, so the consequence is that the peace terms included some of their upper tier making themselves available for a small scrap. As a concession to them in the peace talks, we and our allies agreed to add a lower (mid-level) tier as well. We're nice that way. With small delays, they provided their lists, we engaged, all will soon be wrapped up. The rest is just people trying to make something from nothing and Chax being beautiful.