NoR declares war on LSF

Ogaden

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1339679870' post='2983308']
For GATO it's pretty much the IAA defending Polar when we hated Polar and were friends with SF at the time. Not something we care to do but not something we'd shy away from for a friend.
[/quote]

So you'll attacking, but pulling out after a few days?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339680836' post='2983320']
[/quote]

Well unlike IAA at the time Int doesn't have someone we absolutely hate doing the talking for them. See how that works?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339680836' post='2983320']
[/quote]

We could have an argument over several pages about this, but I really don't want to distract from a much more interesting topic. Know when to leave something be.

As for the topic at hand:

What a disproportionate mess, that's in part of Nordreich's making. LSF behaved stupidly, recklessly, but this entire alliance declaration is ridiculous, inflammatory and unnecessary. All of that time Nordreich spent distancing itself from the past was readily flushed when the opportunity arose, at the most basic of baits.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339681017' post='2983325']
Brb joining INT. :smug:
[/quote]

Application Denied.

Azreal
Membership Commisar of The International

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1339682472' post='2983341']
Also I don;t see why the attention is on what CnG will do. It's only a 32 mil NS swing.
[/quote]
it completely determines how everyone else will go, as Pacifica's announcement is most likely going to be echoed by other alliances, whichever way you guys decide to go determines whether or not it's MK or SF getting rolled.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339682843' post='2983347']
it completely determines how everyone else will go, as Pacifica's announcement is most likely going to be echoed by other alliances, whichever way you guys decide to go determines whether or not it's MK or SF getting rolled.
[/quote]

My GOD.....the pressure. Yeah I know. I was being a dick and lording our power to hold the fate of all this in our hands. Hell if I was INT I'd be blackmailing people, taking bribes, all kinds of sick !@#$.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339682843' post='2983347']
[/quote]

It's really an interesting situation, because it'll still be two different wars either way. We could see a CnG vs. DR and friends. While SF/XX fights DH and friends.. How we have created such an awful treaty web that we can have possible 4 sides to a war should show someone it's about time to start cutting treaties.

why would people do that omni, then it will be half the alliances that lose the war, not just the particular targets, you actually think people want to go back to the great war era? wars every few months instead of twice a year? sounds silly imo.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339683704' post='2983357']
you actually think people want to go back to the great war era? wars every few months instead of twice a year? sounds silly imo.
[/quote]

Yea, I guess you're right. Sorry, ignore my suggestion.

Edited by Omniscient1

to be slightly less sarcastic, I think everyone wants war more often, the problem is with the current web, you can choose to 1) join the winning side, 2) join the losing side, or 3) sit it out, where in the GW era, you fight for your friends, win or lose. (Can anyone think of an example of someone sitting out a war up to GW3?)

Okay let me try to put a better spin on this;

LSF is dumb. They did something that was par for the course. Now they're being attacked for it. They deserve it.

You'll have to forgive me, I normally submit all my posts to MK before posting to make sure they're up to standards. I hope I didn't just get myself into trouble without conferring with the overlords first. :unsure:

Edited by Emperor Marx

People who have never given the slightest hint that they give two !@#$% before are now experts on the history between the CN-left and NoR, INT, LSF, and the dynamics of the INT-LSF relationship as well as CnG.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hp97yAfP_hM/T3HWqMFo-sI/AAAAAAAAArs/ZfADstSp5JI/s400/willy-wonka-wilder-300x300.jpg[/img]

For the record, can we cut the bull !@#$ and stop pretending that LSF deserves to die, or that they're getting hit for being 'in the wrong'?

Where were all of these people who all of a sudden care about what is "right" and "wrong" when Polar was getting beat down again due to a 2 year old grudge? Where were they when NPO got pre-empted for simply existing? Where were they when SOS was being burned to the ground just because they could be? Where are they now that CSN is being hit because lolDave?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning any of the actions stated above nor the alliances who participated in said actions.

But please shut the $%&@ up and be honest this time. This has nothing to do with LSF being wrong or right. None of you complaining in this thread give a damn about that. It has everything to do with LSF simply not having the same sort of political clout NoR does, thus their cheer leading section is a bit weaker. Thus they ~deserve what they get~.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

Politics Trotsky. You know that. Politics aside we're in this together so we're with you man. No need justifying anything to me. You do know we really, really (me especially) want to roll SF though right? I'll be quite frank with you...I don't give two !@#$% about LSF or NoR or their fight. My fight is somewhere else. That said your fights are my fights too and you are the ones I care about in this. So $%&@ it. Whatever.

out of curiosity, is SF just going to get rolled every 6 months until we disband every alliance in SF, or what? also, you're saying you support INT while saying you want to roll one of their MDoAP allies, I am sure you realize that though.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1339671593' post='2983234']
Today I learned that LSF has absolutely no qualms with forcing The International to drag her CnG allies into a conflict it started. Even if it means burning significant bloc unity inside CnG, her closest allies most important treaty; because fascism.
[/quote]
b-b-b-but evil dirty fascism!

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1339680991' post='2983324']
What a disproportionate mess, that's in part of Nordreich's making. LSF behaved stupidly, recklessly, but this entire alliance declaration is ridiculous, inflammatory and unnecessary. All of that time Nordreich spent distancing itself from the past was readily flushed when the opportunity arose, at the most basic of baits.
[/quote]
Had any other alliance responded to NoR in this manner, I assure you that NoR would be rolling.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339685343' post='2983379']
out of curiosity, is SF just going to get rolled every 6 months until we disband every alliance in SF, or what? also, you're saying you support INT while saying you want to roll one of their MDoAP allies, I am sure you realize that though.
[/quote]

I want one good crack and I'd be happy. Have yet to find the opportunity.

They know this to be true for years. Yet, out of respect for them and other relationships we up and let RnR slide when they hit our pals LoSS last war. That was a tough pill to swallow and many of us still hate ourselves for it but we did it. I guess I could rephrase to GOD and CSN. I don't really remember the R's doing much more than just being tied to those guys.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1339651113' post='2982971']
LSF initiated aggression, therefore this should fall under the Optional Aggression clause of that treaty as far as I'm aware. There isn't anything written in stone demanding an alliance to bail out another for its rash behaviors if the alliance in question started the drama. So I wouldn't hold it against them if they allowed LSF to reap the consequence of their actions.

I'll reiterate that I feel this is a silly war and hope it doesn't escalate on these pretenses.
[/quote]

A few members of LSF sent aid to a two man AA that attacked Nor. Considering that LSF is a small alliance and small alliances can't get away with things like that without either getting attacked or paying massive reparations to avoid the war or both, probably not the best decision those individual LSF nations could have made.

However, let's not forget that it's not uncommon anymore for alliances to aid another in war. If one is large enough, what's the other side going to do...declare war on the offender?

This is very much a matter of "might makes right" - so why pretend otherwise.

Also, anyone know what's happening about the Umbrella nation that provided $4,500 and 2000 soldiers to the same AA during the fighting.

[IMG]http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/WhiteChocolate669/Cyber%20Nations%20Album/Umbrellaprovidingaid.jpg[/IMG]

Nor planning on attacking Umbrella as well?

Edited by White Chocolate

So can we make a list of everyone who wants to hit SF, arrange week long sessions for everyone to get their hits in, and then can you stop using us as a boogeyman somehow eviler than Pacifica ever was? and yeah, I don't like Liz or Xiph either.

Edited by Mogar