Notice of Policing Action

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1337775350' post='2971037']
Wait, so you really wouldn't militarily aid one of your members getting attacked by a rogue? Welp. As for the announcement, I seem to remember announcements being made [i]for[/i] people that declined to give public notice of their wars, such as NG on AGW overlords. So I don't think either of those points hold much weight.
[/quote]

Dropping 3m/2k on your member and then hitting the rogue with 3 guys (if you got them in that range considering how tiny the rogue is), is more than sufficient. Hitting the entire AA over a rogue, is not. So had Tetris done the smart, rational thing (i.e. first sentence I provided), there would be no mass raid, meaning they would not need to announce anything, nor would anyone have any announcement to be made.

So yes, there is a viable alternative to this that I would believe, even your alliance would do WorldConqueror. I highly doubt, most alliances would have raided the entire AA over the actions of a single rogue, when talks with gov was not even 24 hours in.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size="7"][b]A Notice To Tetris[/b][/size]

From this Moment on this alliance is under the Protection of Kaskus seeing as Tetris has acted in trying to disband them.

We are currently in talk with their members and we will not see a fellow Micro disbanded by Tetris.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1337775693' post='2971039']
Not exactly what would happen is it? If an Int nation got hit by a nation on another alliances AA you would contact that alliance, no?

In the normal run of things that alliance would confirm the nation was a ghost or a rogue and boot them. At that time you'd drop the aid and stomp the rogue possibly with the help of the alliance they went rogue from.

If that alliance didn't respond, didn't communicate at all, and further that alliance had lost all of it's leadership then the situation wouldn't be anything like normal.

Tetris have decided to take this action. I personally wouldn't have bothered but you can hardly paint them as the bad guys for doing it or claim they're flexing muscle by letting the world know what's going on.
[/quote]

They are flexing their muscles by hitting everyone else when there was absolutely no need. If there is no gov, then there is no one to give an order telling people on the PRIS AA to defend the nation that went rogue. Meaning, 3 Tetris (or allies if no one else is in range) could hit the rogue and more than likely no one in PRIS would have noticed or done anything. Thus, preemptively attacking everyone else and sending out individual surrender terms, all within 24 hours of the initial rogue attack is quite excessive and can only be seen as ridiculous muscle-flexing. This situation could have easily been handled without involving anyone else from the AA, other than trying to find out who gov is.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1337775693' post='2971039']
Not exactly what would happen is it? If an Int nation got hit by a nation on another alliances AA you would contact that alliance, no?

In the normal run of things that alliance would confirm the nation was a ghost or a rogue and boot them. At that time you'd drop the aid and stomp the rogue possibly with the help of the alliance they went rogue from.

If that alliance didn't respond, didn't communicate at all, and further that alliance had lost all of it's leadership then the situation wouldn't be anything like normal.

Tetris have decided to take this action. I personally wouldn't have bothered but you can hardly paint them as the bad guys for doing it or claim they're flexing muscle by letting the world know what's going on.
[/quote]

And if we didn't get a response we would deal with the rogue ourselves, what we woudn't do is declare war on an entire alliance, in an attempt to disband them, colour it how you will that is what is happeneing here.

The fact that members of LSF are here supporting the destruction of numerous nations over the actions of a single one is actually quite dissapointing.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1337775838' post='2971041']

From this Moment on this alliance is under the Protection of Kaskus seeing as Tetris has acted in trying to disband them.

We are currently in talk with their members and we will not see a fellow Micro disbanded by Tetris.
[/quote]

Please attack us.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1337775898' post='2971042']
They are flexing their muscles by hitting everyone else when there was absolutely no need. If there is no gov, then there is no one to give an order telling people on the PRIS AA to defend the nation that went rogue. Meaning, 3 Tetris (or allies if no one else is in range) could hit the rogue and more than likely no one in PRIS would have noticed or done anything. Thus, preemptively attacking everyone else and sending out individual surrender terms, all within 24 hours of the initial rogue attack is quite excessive and can only be seen as ridiculous muscle-flexing. This situation could have easily been handled without involving anyone else from the AA, other than trying to find out who gov is.
[/quote]

What if I told you we could have hit them with no CB whatsoever, and not offered any individual surrender terms whatsoever, and treated the entire thing as a mass tech raid and not even bothered to inform the crybabies on the OWF.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1337776065' post='2971045']
Please attack us.

What if I told you we could have hit them with no CB whatsoever, and not offered any individual surrender terms whatsoever, and treated the entire thing as a mass tech raid and not even bothered to inform the crybabies on the OWF.
[/quote]

It would have been more intelligent than what you are currently doing for one thing.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1337775838' post='2971041']

[/quote]
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Edited by Systemfailure

Please attack us.
[/quote]

You are trying to destroy an alliance with Members in it, you have preached before that you want to keep people in CN.

Then why not practice what you preach?

[quote name='Azreal' timestamp='1337776021' post='2971043']
And if we didn't get a response we would deal with the rogue ourselves, what we woudn't do is declare war on an entire alliance, in an attempt to disband them, colour it how you will that is what is happeneing here.

The fact that members of LSF are here supporting the destruction of numerous nations over the actions of a single one is actually quite dissapointing.
[/quote]

There's no destruction going on anywhere, not as I understand the situation. There's an AA that doesn't function, one of the members of that AA has gone to war. The rest of the AA are being told go find somewhere else to live because their roof has fallen in.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1337776208' post='2971049']
You are trying to destroy an alliance with Members in it, you have preached before that you want to keep people in CN.

Then why not practice what you preach?
[/quote]

[s]I thought getting people out of a failed not-even "alliance" and sending them to any alliance of their choosing that has an actual working government and ties to the rest of the world would be a good way to keep them here.[/s]

Please attack us.

[/quote]

People would have noticed. People always notice. What you are doing is treating the entire thing as a mass tech raid. The surrender terms are simply a way to disband the alliance. Whether that was your intention or not, does not matter as that is what it could have done.

I am amused your are brave enough to have Kaskus attack you since looking at their stats and yours, Kaskus could very well kick the crap out of Tetris. More WRCs, more nukes, more Pentagons, more SDIs, more MPs, more HNMS and far, far more combat experience. They may have less members than Tetris, but they would have far more supporters than Tetris.

o/ Kaskus

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1337776276' post='2971050']
There's no destruction going on anywhere, not as I understand the situation. There's an AA that doesn't function, one of the members of that AA has gone to war. The rest of the AA are being told go find somewhere else to live because their roof has fallen in.
[/quote]

Who are you or Tetris to decide that the AA doesn't function when giving them less than 24 hours to respond? And one of their members has gone rogue, why does these give you the right to tell them their AA is no longer functioning, and that they must move or be subject to attack?

[/quote]

So, if a bunch of alliances got together and said that LSF does not function as an AA, they have the right to hit LSF and demand that every member of LSF leaves the AA simply because they "felt" the AA did not function as an alliance? Gotcha.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1337776376' post='2971052']
[s]I thought getting people out of a failed not-even "alliance" and sending them to any alliance of their choosing that has an actual working government and ties to the rest of the world would be a good way to keep them here.[/s]

Please attack us.
[/quote]
tl;dr [img]http://i.imgur.com/8l7AR.jpg[/img]

does this sum up your official stance atm tetris?

Edited by Systemfailure

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1337776484' post='2971056']
So, if a bunch of alliances got together and said that LSF does not function as an AA, they have the right to hit LSF and demand that every member of LSF leaves the AA simply because they "felt" the AA did not function as an alliance? Gotcha.
[/quote]

Which is more or less what NoV did to them, which is why the attitude they have is very disappointing.

[/quote]
Then check that alliance's war screen.

Also, good show Kaskus, makes me proud to be treatied to you :wub:

o/ Kaskus

[quote name='Azreal' timestamp='1337776413' post='2971054']
Who are you or Tetris to decide that the AA doesn't function when giving them less than 24 hours to respond? And one of their members has gone rogue, why does these give you the right to tell them their AA is no longer functioning, and that they must move or be subject to attack?
[/quote]
It is not even a "member that has gone rogue". The nation is a ghost that switched from None four days ago, which would have been obvious from looking at his time on the AA, and war and aid screen.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1337776484' post='2971056']
[/quote]

Tetris haven't arbitrarily pulled the decision that this AA doesn't function out of their ass. A member of the AA attacked a Tetris member, the rest of the AA when approached said nothing, no response. As far as I know they've still said nothing, maybe Kaskus can provide more information as they claim to be in communication with them.

Tetris haven't gone out of their way looking for a micro to raid or an alliance to disband. They've made a set of decisions kicked off by an attack on them. The best outcome for all concerned would be for the members of the AA to actually say something.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1337776399' post='2971053']
People would have noticed. People always notice. What you are doing is treating the entire thing as a mass tech raid. The surrender terms are simply a way to disband the alliance. Whether that was your intention or not, does not matter as that is what it could have done.

I am amused your are brave enough to have Kaskus attack you since looking at their stats and yours, Kaskus could very well kick the crap out of Tetris. More WRCs, more nukes, more Pentagons, more SDIs, more MPs, more HNMS and far, far more combat experience. They may have less members than Tetris, but they would have far more supporters than Tetris.

o/ Kaskus
[/quote]

The idea that a 900k NS micro is being treated as ~tHe NeW hEgEmOnY~ is hilarious to me. We're so bad. :rolleyes:

I don't have any beef with Kaskus whatsoever. If they feel as though they have a CB on us by trying to retroactively enforce protection on this failed AA, well, that's their business.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1337777118' post='2971066']
Tetris haven't arbitrarily pulled the decision that this AA doesn't function out of their ass. A member of the AA attacked a Tetris member, the rest of the AA when approached said nothing, no response. As far as I know they've still said nothing, maybe Kaskus can provide more information as they claim to be in communication with them.

Tetris haven't gone out of their way looking for a micro to raid or an alliance to disband. They've made a set of decisions kicked off by an attack on them. The best outcome for all concerned would be for the members of the AA to actually say something.
[/quote]

In the interest of clearing this up for everyone, USMC123 already said that the "police action" was most likely going to be called off well before I woke up and came in here, as someone from the alliance had contacted us. I haven't had a chance to speak with him yet, though, which makes all of the nonsense going on ITT that much more irritating. In all likelihood, this would have ended up diffused by the end of the day. Wiki link: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Peoples_Republic_of_Independent_States

Edited by Hereno

[quote]
In the interest of clearing this up for everyone, USMC123 already said that the "police action" was most likely going to be called off well before I woke up and came in here, as someone from the alliance had contacted us. I haven't had a chance to speak with him yet, though, which makes all of the nonsense going on ITT that much more irritating. In all likelihood, this would have ended up diffused by the end of the day.
[/quote]

I though the AA didn't function correctly? Or is this a case where if you actually gave them a decent amount of time to respond you could have completly avoided this entrie debacle?