Announcement from Pandora's Box

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1337277036' post='2968714']
I am proud to have named this bloc, which might have been the best bloc in CN. Thanks friends for making it interesting.

Love,

arexes
[/quote]

Wow you named it. You seriously dropped the ball man, that name sucked.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1337293282' post='2968877']
I don't know. VE was relatively well-liked for a period from post-Karma to PB formation, then it became more about GOD being a popular and viable target and VE being bad because of the tie.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84587

If you go back and read the Umb and FOK treaty signings, you find a much different perception of VE.

I guess there's also the whole gunning for alliance x thing, which I oppose for my own reasons, but they weren't big fans of VE before for some reason I don't know.

edit: link to FOK treaty announcement http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84368
[/quote]

Perhaps that is it for many. For us it pretty much began when their gov decided to start talking !@#$ about us and our CnG pals in the back chans instead of having the balls to speak to us about any issue they thought existed. Since then well $%&@ them. We dislike GOD sure but that has nothing to do with VE...unless that is why they started talking !@#$. It probably is.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1337302320' post='2968937']
Perhaps that is it for many. For us it pretty much began when their gov decided to start talking !@#$ about us and our CnG pals in the back chans instead of having the balls to speak to us about any issue they thought existed. Since then well $%&@ them. We dislike GOD sure but that has nothing to do with VE...unless that is why they started talking !@#$. It probably is.
[/quote]

Or maybe we began discussing those issues with people far less crazy than yourself (such as Lanore and Laslo) who are actually sensible and open to talking after that minor controversy and have since conducted a pretty productive Q&A with GATO overall (again, made more productive by your lack of participation).

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1337295846' post='2968899']
What exactly is our role today and in the past years? What are we doing these days thats so terrible?
[/quote]

Stagnating politics by maintaining a treaty connection to a hive of treaties, struggling to maintain a supergrouping of alliances that cannot last, despite antipathy existing between some of your allies.

I'm also referring to the fact that people from TOP have said I did my best to stagnate things when TOP stopped several wars in past years and the only thing I came close to doing is preventing escalation of one.

Anyway, TOP isn't alone in doing that so it's not "terrible," but a valid criticism of an alliance with people who complain about someone else they perceived as protecting the status quo(PB.)

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1337313836' post='2968989']
Stagnating politics by maintaining a treaty connection to a hive of treaties, struggling to maintain a supergrouping of alliances that cannot last, despite antipathy existing between some of your allies.

I'm also referring to the fact that people from TOP have said I did my best to stagnate things when TOP stopped several wars in past years and the only thing I came close to doing is preventing escalation of one.

Anyway, TOP isn't alone in doing that so it's not "terrible," but a valid criticism of an alliance with people who complain about someone else they perceived as protecting the status quo(PB.)[/quote]
I was a nice guy earlier when I did my tongue-in-cheek comment but, seriously, look at the cluster$%&@ that was Umbrella's FA under your guidance if you want to illustrate your point about stagnating politics. If you don't understand how an alliance, by its mere position and projected power, can passively help the stagnation of Digiterra's politics, then you've missed a few years of diplomacy around here.

TOP did help the stagnation at the end of the Continuum era. However, we moved. We took a decision. If you think TOP is currently causing stagnation problems by somehow protecting MK, then you should level those critics at your former home as well. On two levels.

I personally have nothing against Umbrella. Their FA is their affair. However, if you attack us saying we're causing stagnation, you'll have to owe up to the stagnation you caused yourself by maintaining a ridiculous ammount of treaties, covering several spheres of influence.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1337326394' post='2969027']
I was a nice guy earlier when I did my tongue-in-cheek comment but, seriously, look at the cluster$%&@ that was Umbrella's FA under your guidance if you want to illustrate your point about stagnating politics. If you don't understand how an alliance, by its mere position and projected power, can passively help the stagnation of Digiterra's politics, then you've missed a few years of diplomacy around here.

TOP did help the stagnation at the end of the Continuum era. However, we moved. We took a decision. If you think TOP is currently causing stagnation problems by somehow protecting MK, then you should level those critics at your former home as well. On two levels.

I personally have nothing against Umbrella. Their FA is their affair. However, if you attack us saying we're causing stagnation, you'll have to owe up to the stagnation you caused yourself by maintaining a ridiculous ammount of treaties, covering several spheres of influence.
[/quote]

I already did say I regret signing DH and I regret ever doing [i]anything[/i] to help Mushroom Kingdom. If you don't think I severely dislike Umbrella, you're under the wrong impression, because seriously $%&@ them.

Here, I want to know how exactly it stagnated politics because not much changed outside of cutting ties to Dos Equis and signed with BN/Deinos. The priorities I had actually were known(Umbrella as a major political force) and the main reason I had no issues maintaining a fairly diverse set of ties is I didn't want to box Umbrella into a spot where MK or anyone else is the major player in what Umbrella does.

It's about having options and not circlejerking on IRC. Simple as that. I remember getting crap from Johnny about it, but he managed to do what I had wanted to avoid and threw away the opportunity for Umbrella to matter outside of just being a mass of NS. I do criticize them for being nothing but a gigantic meatshield for MK, which they are.

There was a clear emphasis with a bloc and a good chunk of the treaties were just redundant with signatories within the bloc. Like Umbrella had 3 treaties with GOONS and other redundant treaties with PB signatories.

AO has never really caused any problems. There's Argent which didn't cause any problems on its own. The number of unique ties outside of the general PB/DH/C&G set up consisted of Sparta, MHA, AO, Argent, and Darkfall. Darkfall falls under the same category as AO in terms of being a non-political alliance for the most part.

Just because it didn't fit into your plans perfectly doesn't mean it caused stagnation in itself. You wanted all potential obstacles to be cleared and if you had just wanted the action to take place, you could have done it without needing everything to go well. The non-chaining clauses in the treaties were always something taken seriously by myself and if there was a reason to choose between allies, then the decision would be made because like I said, I have no issue with invoking them if there is good reasoning since the point of treaties for me was never how much fun we had on IRC or in embassies !@#$posting, it was about the actual compatibility between the alliances in terms of approach, demeanor, and long-term attitudes.

For instance, people qqed hard about the MHA treaty and demanded it cancelled when Myth had even expressed a willingness for MHA to take a short-term hit if Umbrella would have their back after. That's a very reasonable approach.

Sparta wasn't expecting Umbrella to go to its defense, but it wasn't expecting Umbrella to do nothing for them at all. I've said in the past a VE-style arrangement would have probably been better.

Given the reduction in ties with alliances MK doesn't like since then has contributed to even more stagnation due to the more pronounced dependence of Umbrella on DH, this isn't a really good point. The end result is Umbrella is a political gelding with nothing of its own at this point and know what that does? It contributes to stagnation.

The weakening of Umbrella in an FA sense coincided with MK's power player role being restored to its pre-mass cancellation levels. This is why a weak Umbrella is inherently beneficial to MK. There is a lack of ambition in the people who have decided to base all FA decisions on member-member relations, which should have very little say in terms of political alignment.

So MK with TOP, NoR, TLR, ODN, NG,(hands everywhere) and so forth is a more relevant alliance despite being 5 mil NS smaller.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1337327158' post='2969031']
I already did say I regret signing DH and I regret ever doing [i]anything[/i] to help Mushroom Kingdom. If you don't think I severely dislike Umbrella, you're under the wrong impression, because seriously $%&@ them.

Here, I want to know how exactly it stagnated politics because not much changed outside of cutting ties to Dos Equis and signed with BN/Deinos. The priorities I had actually were known(Umbrella as a major political force) and the main reason I had no issues maintaining a fairly diverse set of ties is I didn't want to box Umbrella into a spot where MK or anyone else is the major player in what Umbrella does.

It's about having options and not circlejerking on IRC. Simple as that. I remember getting crap from Johnny about it, but he managed to do what I had wanted to avoid and threw away the opportunity for Umbrella to matter outside of just being a mass of NS. I do criticize them for being nothing but a gigantic meatshield for MK, which they are.

There was a clear emphasis with a bloc and a good chunk of the treaties were just redundant with signatories within the bloc. Like Umbrella had 3 treaties with GOONS and other redundant treaties with PB signatories.

AO has never really caused any problems. There's Argent which didn't cause any problems on its own. The number of unique ties outside of the general PB/DH/C&G set up consisted of Sparta, MHA, AO, Argent, and Darkfall. Darkfall falls under the same category as AO in terms of being a non-political alliance for the most part.

Just because it didn't fit into your plans perfectly doesn't mean it caused stagnation in itself. You wanted all potential obstacles to be cleared and if you had just wanted the action to take place, you could have done it without needing everything to go well. The non-chaining clauses in the treaties were always something taken seriously by myself and if there was a reason to choose between allies, then the decision would be made because like I said, I have no issue with invoking them if there is good reasoning since the point of treaties for me was never how much fun we had on IRC or in embassies !@#$posting, it was about the actual compatibility between the alliances in terms of approach, demeanor, and long-term attitudes.

For instance, people qqed hard about the MHA treaty and demanded it cancelled when Myth had even expressed a willingness for MHA to take a short-term hit if Umbrella would have their back after. That's a very reasonable approach.

Sparta wasn't expecting Umbrella to go to its defense, but it wasn't expecting Umbrella to do nothing for them at all. I've said in the past a VE-style arrangement would have probably been better.

Given the reduction in ties with alliances MK doesn't like since then has contributed to even more stagnation due to the more pronounced dependence of Umbrella on DH, this isn't a really good point. The end result is Umbrella is a political gelding with nothing of its own at this point and know what that does? It contributes to stagnation.

The weakening of Umbrella in an FA sense coincided with MK's power player role being restored to its pre-mass cancellation levels. This is why a weak Umbrella is inherently beneficial to MK. There is a lack of ambition in the people who have decided to base all FA decisions on member-member relations, which should have very little say in terms of political alignment.

So MK with TOP, NoR, TLR, ODN, NG,(hands everywhere) and so forth is a more relevant alliance despite being 5 mil NS smaller.
[/quote]

tldr-another rant about Umbrella and MK....
roq you are a wonderful comedian, I must say, the way you throw your toys out of the pram and still worry so much about our FA position is cute. Seriously though, you so deluded in your own oversized ego you just seeing what you want to see.

Edited by Amossio

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1337337576' post='2969058']
tldr-another rant about Umbrella and MK....
roq you are a wonderful comedian, I must say, the way you throw your toys out of the pram and still worry so much about our FA position is cute. Seriously though, you so deluded in your own oversized ego you just seeing what you want to see.
[/quote]

It was in response to what Yevgeni said. If you're not interested, buzz off.

I don't see how it's delusional at all and I have little reason to take into consideration your words given your lack of seniority within the alliance and lack of experience with it. I don't really see how my ego is oversized. The only reason I bring up anything I did was because either people have tried to strip me of any accomplishments or downplay them, but I really have little time for people who weren't around.

Like I said it's pretty funny given the situations of like around 10 members who joined fairly recently, which manifested itself in the NoR Reunion thread. I guess people being upset about not getting their way is all right so long as it's beneficial to you.

Given Umbrella's legitimization of libelous claims against me, which is one of the main reasons I was so upset, I could not care less about what any of you think.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1337338210' post='2969060']
It was in response to what Yevgeni said. If you're not interested, buzz off.

I don't see how it's delusional at all and I have little reason to take into consideration your words given your lack of seniority within the alliance and lack of experience with it. I don't really see how my ego is oversized. The only reason I bring up anything I did was because either people have tried to strip me of any accomplishments or downplay them, but I really have little time for people who weren't around.

Like I said it's pretty funny given the situations of like around 10 members who joined fairly recently, which manifested itself in the NoR Reunion thread. I guess people being upset about not getting their way is all right so long as it's beneficial to you.

Given Umbrella's legitimization of libelous claims against me, which is one of the main reasons I was so upset, I could not care less about what any of you think.
[/quote]
owww so cute! :wub:

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1337301546' post='2968931']
I think we got all of them except Hal and bigwoody.
[/quote]

The Duckroll has superior speed, agility and coordination to that flower power party of sugar puffs. We're high rollers sweetheart. ;)