Top 25 Disbanded Alliances

Incitatus

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1334857456' post='2955784']
Actually, PPF is [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=480202]still chugging along[/url] :)
[/quote]

Oh wow, that actually (probably) made my day. I thought I remembered reading an announcement that Opethian had disbanded/called it quits. Clearly (and happily) I was wrong.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1334826239' post='2955696']
The fact you and Kev have to tell active members of Planet Bob who Anathema was and defend its founders speaks wonders. Especially for an alliance that lasted... 6 days. Let that sink in for a bit. The alliance you guys are so adamantly defending was alive for 6 days. Six days. Not even an entire week. Maybe it had potential (although I do believe you're all giving too much credit to some people) but it never fulfilled anything besides appearing to be yet another alliance started by Kevanonvia that failed miserably. In short, an ego trip for a bunch of people who want to add "Former AAA of XYZ" to their sig.

I do agree that some alliance don't deserve to be on this list and appear to be on it just because you were in them (which is like 92,67% of Planet Bob, anyways) not for any of their achievements. If that list was established in 2011, why repost it in 2012? If you really wanted the spotlight, update the damn thing before posting it. That way you don't look like a fool by forgetting "important" alliances like NV, PC or Athens and replacing them with useless micros that never amounted to anything.
[/quote]

I don't see me defending Anathema, more explaining the situation behind it. Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote. I don't believe it should be on the list, but the list is personal opinion so it exists where he thinks it should.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334875905' post='2955920']
I'm so outraged alliance X which I never got along with politically even made your list. $%&@ YOU! You know nothing about CN history.
[/quote]
I founded OE. :mellow:

I'm so outraged alliance X which I never got along with politically even made your list. $%&@ YOU! You know nothing about CN history.
[/quote]

You must be terribly angry that half of your fifty alliances didn't make the list, eh?

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1334880365' post='2955955']
You must be terribly angry that half of your fifty alliances didn't make the list, eh?
[/quote]

I am indeed. If only they'd disband, I'm sure they'd be up there then. Simply because of the fact the greatest leader in the world was in them (that's me btw).

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1334784727' post='2955456']
No Athens? Athens did more in this world than most of that list combined.
[/quote]
I can concur with this assessment.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1334791229' post='2955491']
A better topic would be the top twenty five alliances everyone wants to see disbanded.
[/quote]
I'd love to see it, post it up post-haste.

[/quote]
:awesome::lol1:

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334879057' post='2955943']
umm Congrats? :unsure:
[/quote]
Given your post immediately followed my own, I assumed you were responding to me. Roq's habit of not quoting the post he intends to respond to has been catching on lately, you see...

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1334890928' post='2956014']
Given your post immediately followed my own, I assumed you were responding to me. Roq's habit of not quoting the post he intends to respond to has been catching on lately, you see...
[/quote]

Understandable, I quote the posts I'm responding too though. :)

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1334875775' post='2955919']
I don't believe OE should be on this list, let alone more than an honorable mention.
[/quote]

Did you read the summary on it? They deserve the #25 (in my opinion) mostly because VE took the initiative (no pun intended) to do something different, more than OE itself.

[quote name='welshgazza1992' timestamp='1334874750' post='2955913']
Monos Archein needs to be added to the list...
[/quote]

MA was an incompetent alliance, led by an incompetent leader, that later merged into another incompetent alliance. MA's actual effect upon the game was virtually nil, beyond simply existing and fighting in some wars.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1334932993' post='2956148']
MA was an incompetent alliance, led by an incompetent leader, that later merged into another incompetent alliance. MA's actual effect upon the game was virtually nil, beyond simply existing and fighting in some wars.
[/quote]
I agree, I rather see Aircastle on it than MA.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1334875775' post='2955919']
I don't believe OE should be on this list, let alone more than an honorable mention.
[/quote]

It's worth something, at least a summary, just for being a little culturally unique for its time. And for having quite an impact, even if it was a negative impact.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1334933140' post='2956149']
I agree, I rather see Aircastle on it than MA.
[/quote]

Refer to Feanor's comment on Aircastle. That alliance showed [i]very good coordination[/i]; they even all quit at the same time! :lol1:

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1334859276' post='2955795']
This gets better and better. I assumed this alliance actually lasted long enough to be noticed by a few people. There is nothing that distinguishes it from any of the other micros that DoE every week.
[/quote]

My favorite Anathema moment was when Khan was included in the govt list but never joined the alliance.