An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1333738262' post='2949176']
So, by this logic, Alliances with the highest ANS will always have a down-declare.

Through a lot of hard work and committment, OP has a very solid core of strong builders and smart players. Admittedly, having a higher ANS does make it difficult to find wars sometimes that aren't blatant down declares.

However, it's not practical to expect any of the AA's with the highest ANS to just hit each other. We've had more than our fair share of wars with TPC, PS, LE and the numerous incarnations or G6 over the rounds and surely will have more.

I suppose everyone would love to see the strongest AA's 'go kamikaze' every single war in some sort of repeated self-implosion. There's a time and a place for that, and we've done it many times and will do it again.

Nobody in this thread (from OP anyway) is claiming this to be a grand up-declare. It is good practice fighting wars on numerous fronts and other stats besides ANS weren't terribly askew. If RnR and AAA were better prepared, thing would be looking drastically different at this point.

I don't feel that AA's should get a free pass if they are new or unprepared. If anything I sincerely hope this to be a learning experience. I firmly believe that all AA's should strive to be 'elite' (as some say). The bar needs be raised, not lowered.

The intention at this point is NOT to pound RnR and AAA into the dirt. No gov from either AA has reached out in an attempt to negotiate peace at this point - we are more than willing.
[/quote]
Great DoW, but an embarassing choice of opponents.
Really, Hal - you are an elite alliance (according to your skills), but you've chosen two inexperienced AAs with a half of your ANS.
It's not like you didn't have a choice.

It's sad..it's not the way to keep the newcomers in TE as well. What kind of introduction into TE is this? You teach them, that a curbstomping is OK? I hope you have just sincerely erred, Hal. You still have a good reputation around here as a person, not like some of your professional trolls.
Darth is absolutely right. We've been trying to support this game - look at the numbers.

I recall curbstomps like that (by the newcomers) were countered with the punishing expeditions. Remember that? You were one of the participants.
What you are doing now is much more deplorable - because you are no noobs.

With DoWs like that maybe this @#$%^&ing game deserves to die. It's digusting.

I'm not going to argue with hypocrits, whatever they'll say here. Empty words indeed...

Edited by kongland

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1333747665' post='2949258']
Great DoW, but an embarassing choice of opponents.
Really, Hal - you are an elite alliance (according to your skills), but you've chosen two inexperienced AAs with a half of your ANS.
It's not like you didn't have a choice.

It's sad..it's not the way to keep the newcomers in TE as well. What kind of introduction into TE is this? You teach them, that a curbstomping is OK? I hope you have just sincerely erred, Hal. You still have a good reputation around here as a person, not like some of your professional trolls.
Darth is absolutely right. We've been trying to support this game - look at the numbers.

I recall curbstomps like that (by the newcomers) were countered with the punishing expeditions. Remember that? You were one of the participants.
What you are doing now is much more deplorable - because you are no noobs.

With DoWs like that maybe this @#$%^&ing game deserves to die. It's digusting.

I'm not going to argue with hypocrits, whatever they'll say here. Empty words indeed...
[/quote]

I feel so well defended verbally right now I am not going to say anything.

OP was ready to throw down, RnR was still getting organized. Defcon 5 and cherry pie...

But now, we are a sorry bunch.

-----

Also, I read someone planted a spy!? Why didn't I think of that, maybe I would still be afloat?

So, by this logic, Alliances with the highest ANS will always have a down-declare.

Through a lot of hard work and committment, OP has a very solid core of strong builders and smart players. Admittedly, having a higher ANS does make it difficult to find wars sometimes that aren't blatant down declares.

However, it's not practical to expect any of the AA's with the highest ANS to just hit each other. We've had more than our fair share of wars with TPC, PS, LE and the numerous incarnations or G6 over the rounds and surely will have more.

I suppose everyone would love to see the strongest AA's 'go kamikaze' every single war in some sort of repeated self-implosion. There's a time and a place for that, and we've done it many times and will do it again.

Nobody in this thread (from OP anyway) is claiming this to be a grand up-declare. It is good practice fighting wars on numerous fronts and other stats besides ANS weren't terribly askew. If RnR and AAA were better prepared, thing would be looking drastically different at this point.

I don't feel that AA's should get a free pass if they are new or unprepared. If anything I sincerely hope this to be a learning experience. I firmly believe that all AA's should strive to be 'elite' (as some say). The bar needs be raised, not lowered.

The intention at this point is NOT to pound RnR and AAA into the dirt. No gov from either AA has reached out in an attempt to negotiate peace at this point - we are more than willing.
[/quote]

Then what is this white peace Message doing in my inbox?

:)

And "To be fair" I think we were a pretty soft target. OP realized that in order to slingshot themselves ahead of the pack killing and feeding on the brains of innocents was a good ploy, so the plied it.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1333731118' post='2949111']
He's calling attention to OP's ANS being nearly double that of RnR+AAA. It's pretty easy to single-handedly blitz three nations at half one's own strength, so one could attack a total number of nations triple the count of one's own alliance, and still have it be a down-declare.

But then, beatdowns are the new normal. All that talk last round about how to not drive new nations and AAs out of the game seems to have just been empty talk. Expected/10.
[/quote]

Hehehehe. I was just thinking to myself a one round retirement looks pretty sweet what with my guts hanging out all over the place.

But then I realized TE doesn't matter.

Round 22 heR&Re we come.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1333748993' post='2949268']
Hehehehe. I was just thinking to myself a one round retirement looks pretty sweet what with my guts hanging out all over the place.

But then I realized TE doesn't matter.

Round 22 heR&Re we come.
[/quote]
The round just started.. Get a good reroll guide and you will be fine..

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1333853719' post='2949788']
It probably doesn't need to be said, but all comments by non-gov TPC members do not reflect the opinion of either myself or TPC gov.

Carry on. B-)
[/quote]
Completely understood king.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1333853719' post='2949788']
It probably doesn't need to be said, but all comments by non-gov TPC members do not reflect the opinion of either myself or TPC gov.

Carry on. B-)
[/quote]
...but of course :P

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1333900707' post='2949998']Thanks for the anal fissures OP, but I think you have proven your point. You can successfully roll an alliance of TE newbs.[/quote]

I trust you won't let it happen again :)

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1333900707' post='2949998']
Well...

This was fun, but not really.

Thanks for the anal fissures OP, but I think you have proven your point. You can successfully roll an alliance of TE newbs.
[/quote]
Lol you liked it dont lie..

Also if you want to learn about a reroll guide. Find me on IRC

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1333748658' post='2949263']
I feel so well defended verbally right now I am not going to say anything.

OP was ready to throw down, RnR was still getting organized. Defcon 5 and cherry pie...

But now, we are a sorry bunch.

-----

Also, I read someone planted a spy!? Why didn't I think of that, maybe I would still be afloat?
[/quote]

Who said TE was gonna be cherry pie? It [i]is[/i] TE after all. Good luck on the rebuild/roll.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1333629279' post='2948593']
Everyone knows the war we really wanted but DR doesn't seem to be around.

Also, please fix your information in your profile.
[/quote]
/me scratches head

[/quote]

Hal. ANS and nukes are the biggest deciding factors in war. Then there is activity/update activity etc. Total NS and Total nations are rather insignificant.

The numbers:

ANS
RnR+AAA 3780
OP 6293

Nukes
RnR+AAA 2
OP 18

If those numbers are correct then there is no point even debating down declare or not. Its so one sided, its a joke.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1333748839' post='2949266']

And "To be fair" I think we were a pretty soft target. OP realized that in order to slingshot themselves ahead of the pack killing and feeding on the brains of innocents was a good ploy, so the plied it.
[/quote]

We have a bingo. For someone that I havent seen around here much in the past, you really do get it.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1333929739' post='2950139']
Lol you liked it dont lie..

Also if you want to learn about a reroll guide. Find me on IRC
[/quote]

I do want to know, but I couldn't find you on IRC (maybe the hours we are on are different) Could you just Message me?

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1333939992' post='2950190']
Who said TE was gonna be cherry pie? It [i]is[/i] TE after all. Good luck on the rebuild/roll.
[/quote]

Hehe, well you popped our cherry. I just got nuked. I feel important. :nuke:

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1333952382' post='2950286']
/me scratches head

Hal. ANS and nukes are the biggest deciding factors in war. Then there is activity/update activity etc. Total NS and Total nations are rather insignificant.

The numbers:

ANS
RnR+AAA 3780
OP 6293

Nukes
RnR+AAA 2
OP 18

If those numbers are correct then there is no point even debating down declare or not. Its so one sided, its a joke.
[/quote]

No point in crying over ball-stomping sterilization. OP decided that we don't deserve to have kids anymore.

[quote]
We have a bingo. For someone that I havent seen around here much in the past, you really do get it.
[/quote]

I have been playing Cybernations for exactly 92 days. I haven't really been on the OWF much because I know that my opinions are liable to get my alliance in hot water. But in TE I can say anything I want about anyone I want, so Its kinda nice.

Also, I feel like the politics of the game kinda come naturally for some reason. Lots of experience with other strategy games, just never played one where I hugged pixels :P

[quote]Subject: Nuclear Attack
Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Outlaw. You lost 2077 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 52.585 miles of land, 32.454 technology, 148.812 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.[/quote]

[quote][b]Subject:[/b] RE: Yeah
[b]Message[/b]: Noone from your gov replied and said anything to us. We would have ended this days ago if you guys were more organized. As it stands now [u]the war will end tonight at update.[/u]

My advice is to get a more organized gov structure and not rely upon allies in TE.[/quote]

Finally had enough eh?

:ehm:

lol

Major AA channels for TE are #tpc-te, #re-te, #paradoxte, #sunte, #warriorste, #porkshrimp

If I missed any I apologize in advance as those are the ones I usually haunt. Fell free to stop by and I am sure people can help you.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1333984618' post='2950381']
Major AA channels for TE are #tpc-te, #re-te, #paradoxte, #sunte, #warriorste, #porkshrimp

If I missed any I apologize in advance as those are the ones I usually haunt. Fell free to stop by and I am sure people can help you.
[/quote]

I'm sad Paul, #synergyte isn't on there, but PS is? They aren't even here this round either! (Unless I missed their AA)

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

I have been sitting back watching the selective outrage by a select few but I just find I can’t sit back in silence anymore.

These select few are crying about a massive downdeclare based on the raw ANS data, all the while disregarding the other raw data and underlying situations.

The raw data posted earlier correctly showed the nation counts, NS, ANS, etc. What was not seen in the cursory review by these select few was that fact that about 20 RnR/AAA nations were either inactive, out of range or in Anarchy and OP did not attack these nations. If these nations were removed from the raw data, the ANS difference would have been about 8% and the nation count was still about a 35% advantage for RnR/AAA. And when these nations were removed, the tiers were nearly the same since most of the inactives/out of range nations were in the bottom tiers. Their remaining nations, those attacked by OP, were matched nearly equally tier for tier.

To put it another way, if OP had an additional 20 nations that were inactive and/or out of range with very low NS, the raw data would showed a massive advantage for RnR/AAA in nation count and an about equal pairing in NS and ANS.

OP only attacked nations that were active and in range (obviously). This is clear by the Anarchy count (about 34 anarchies out of 54 nations). The “real” data, when looked at with unbiased eyes, showed this to be what it was, a match up of near equals in NS and ANS and a nation count advantage for RnR/AAA.

As others have pointed out, we had no idea of the WC’s or skills of their remaining 34-35 nations. We knew that AAA has been in TE for a couple of rounds and that RnR were supposed to be experienced SE players.

Fact remains that a select few will always look at (or ignore) data to support their selective outrage, especially when OP is involved.

I hope that clears up some things.

Carry on. :)

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1333994164' post='2950412']
I'm sad Paul, #synergyte isn't on there, but PS is? They aren't even here this round either! (Unless I missed their AA)
[/quote]

Actually they are here, they're just hiding from themselves.

Edited by Overlord Wes

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1334006967' post='2950466']
I have been sitting back watching the selective outrage by a select few but I just find I can’t sit back in silence anymore.

These select few are crying about a massive downdeclare based on the raw ANS data, all the while disregarding the other raw data and underlying situations.

The raw data posted earlier correctly showed the nation counts, NS, ANS, etc. What was not seen in the cursory review by these select few was that fact that about 20 RnR/AAA nations were either inactive, out of range or in Anarchy and OP did not attack these nations. If these nations were removed from the raw data, the ANS difference would have been about 8% and the nation count was still about a 35% advantage for RnR/AAA. And when these nations were removed, the tiers were nearly the same since most of the inactives/out of range nations were in the bottom tiers. Their remaining nations, [b]those attacked by OP, were matched nearly equally tier for tier.[/b]

To put it another way, if OP had an additional 20 nations that were inactive and/or out of range with very low NS, the raw data would showed a massive advantage for RnR/AAA in nation count and an about equal pairing in NS and ANS.

OP only attacked nations that were active and in range (obviously). This is clear by the Anarchy count (about 34 anarchies out of 54 nations). The “real” data, when looked at with unbiased eyes, showed this to be what it was, a match up of near equals in NS and ANS and a nation count advantage for RnR/AAA.

As others have pointed out, we had no idea of the WC’s or skills of their remaining 34-35 nations. We knew that AAA has been in TE for a couple of rounds and that RnR were supposed to be experienced SE players.

Fact remains that a select few will always look at (or ignore) data to support their selective outrage, especially when OP is involved.

[/quote]

I bolded the part of this that is totally false. We aren't !@#$%*ing about it anymore, as a matter of fact it has been a good lesson. But I must say a few things about the post you just made.

Firstly, " RnR were supposed to be experienced SE players."

We are, but there are a total of maybe 10 (that is a very big maybe) nations that are in RnR SE. I simply went on a massive recruitment drive the first few days of the round and got as many members as possible, most of whom have yet to respond to my first alliance wide message.

We weren't equally matched. The nations attacking me had 10 times as many soldiers, were nuclear capable and were in the high tech ranges. I feel like this post is trying to save some kind of dignity, but it is redundant. No-one in R&R is mad at the down-declare, but to try to beautify your actions is demeaning.

[quote]showed this to be what it was, a match up of near equals in NS and ANS and a nation count advantage for RnR/AAA.[/quote]

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Listen amigo, I have no problem with learning this lesson the hard way, but you don't need to make such long posts trying to defend your honor because the truth is self-evident.

I respect OP very much, especially the guys that are open about the nature of this war (Which has ended btw). Feel free to continue discussion, but please don't try to say we were equally matched opponents okay? Our highest nation had half the NS of your highest nation. Our in actives are dead weight and we are simply shell shocked.

Long live OP, RnR and NDO (The three alliances with an unspoken commitment to peace in the beginning of the round... haha) I should have gotten it in writing ;)

As this war wraps up, I need to publicly acknowledge Wasso of Burger King from RnR.

Despite being thumped pretty hard in the blitz and being financially strapped throughout the war, he never gave up and continued fighting to the very last day.

He could have turtled but didn't. His efforts took infra from Ocmax, Cowboytx and myself. He bought back what he could and fought with it and I respect that.

Therefore - I send out a big 'atta-boy'. You are an attribute to your alliance.

[img]http://www.themillionairesecrets.net/images/2008/07/never-give-up.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1334008333' post='2950480']

Long live OP, RnR and NDO (The three alliances with an unspoken commitment to peace in the beginning of the round... haha) I should have gotten it in writing ;)
[/quote]

RnR did contact us about this at the beginning of the round. It wasn't anything about peace but something about working together to dominate the world. The reponse given was the standard 'OP doesn't do treaties.' I don't see how this was a stab in the back in any capacity. I did find the blood and guts dramatic descriptions of betrayal comical though.

[img]http://www.gamesetwatch.com/raroomotherhood1.jpg[/img]

EDIT: 2nd image added

Edited by the wompus

Yes, hail to Wasso.

You helped to make me the biggest Casualty count in OP. As I suspect you are in RnR.

Well done.

I expect you will be a force in TE if you stick with it.

:awesome:

[quote name='the wompus' timestamp='1334025533' post='2950578']
As this war wraps up, I need to publicly acknowledge Wasso of Burger King from RnR.

Despite being thumped pretty hard in the blitz and being financially strapped throughout the war, he never gave up and continued fighting to the very last day.

He could have turtled but didn't. His efforts took infra from Ocmax, Cowboytx and myself. He bought back what he could and fought with it and I respect that.

Therefore - I send out a big 'atta-boy'. You are an attribute to your alliance.

[img]http://www.themillionairesecrets.net/images/2008/07/never-give-up.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Oh i am actually on OWF Haha ! Well It was fun , i tried my best to move with you in the attacks , i had the money but didnt have enough soldiers that was my problem . As for Aircrafts , i guess they were good enough . But you took me at updates ,the time that i couldnt be online at it :/

Actually i dont give up so fast , fight till my last soldier , i didnt know that war was expired so i bought my last 1500 soldiers to fight your 10,000 but i noticed that i couldnt hahah .

It was fun in the end , Nice game everyone :awesome:

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1334034627' post='2950623']
Yes, hail to Wasso.

You helped to make me the biggest Casualty count in OP. As I suspect you are in RnR.

Well done.

I expect you will be a force in TE if you stick with it.

:awesome:
[/quote]

Thomas , i am actually ranked 13 with my 65 K casualties <thanks to you guys :wub: > !

I used to play TE before , its been long time , the fact that CN:S has been quiet since like a year , made me think of the TE Round .

Good luck for the next of the round ;)
You did well btw !

Edited by wasso

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1334006967' post='2950466']

The raw data posted earlier correctly showed the nation counts, NS, ANS, etc. What was not seen in the cursory review by these select few was that fact that about 20 RnR/AAA nations were either inactive, out of range or in Anarchy and OP did not attack these nations. If these nations were removed from the raw data, the ANS difference would have been about 8% and the nation count was still about a 35% advantage for RnR/AAA. And when these nations were removed, the tiers were nearly the same since most of the inactives/out of range nations were in the bottom tiers. Their remaining nations, those attacked by OP, were matched nearly equally tier for tier.

As others have pointed out, we had no idea of the WC’s or skills of their remaining 34-35 nations. [b] We knew that AAA has been in TE for a couple of rounds and that RnR were supposed to be experienced SE players.[/b]

[/quote]

As I stated before, all the proof was shown when KC posted the stats. Muffle them all you want, it was still a horrible down declare. The more you post this nonsense, the more of an idiot you are proving to be and more importantly, a hypocrite.

As for the bolded section, do you remember who tried flying this line a few rounds ago? Back when Synergy and RE declared on OP/PS citing one of the reasons on the DoW as "OP and PS are both some of the best fighters in TE" and that was totally ripped apart and ignored. I mean of course, unless everyone wants this to become a factor in deciding good DoW's then, of course I would be fine with this, however that's not the case at all. You cannot assume anything of the person other then the stats presented before and this idea has been shot down and down again.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1334085053' post='2950766']
The more you post this nonsense, the more of an idiot you are proving to be and more importantly, a hypocrite.
[/quote]

It's becoming more clear with each of your posts that you have nothing but selective outrage and unfortunately, immature language choices.

Darth, chill, dude. Get a grip. :)