An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/c/cf/NewOPWarFlag.png[/IMG]

[size="5"]When we decided to go to war, it had been so long with the little hiatus and all that I felt that we may need to 'knock the dust off' the OP war machine.

This got me thinking about the origins of some well-known phrases.

Interestingly, Saved by the bell, Dead ringer and Graveyard shift - all derive from the same basic origin:

[IMG]http://www.hauntednorthamerica.com/buried%20alive.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE]Buried alive. Anyone's worst nightmare. For some people in England in the 1500's, that nightmare became a reality. When England began to run out of room to bury recently deceased people, they dug up the coffins of people who had long been deceased, removing their bones from the coffins and placing them in a bone house and re-using the gravesite. When opening the coffins of long ago buried bodies, they noticed that 1 out of every 25 coffins had scratch marks on the inside. The town folks had been burying people while they were still alive. To avoid any more people being buried alive, a string would be tied to the wrist of each corpse, threaded through the coffin, up through the ground, and tied to a bell. Someone would have to sit in the graveyard all night and listen for the bell to ring, just in case the corpse was not really a corpse. Hence the sayings: Saved by the bell, Dead ringer and Graveyard shift.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for some interesting origin for 'knock the dust off' - but I don't think there is one. It's probably quite literal....things sit around and get dust on them when you don't use them (like our tanks).

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-srVtRxIbNXg/TqpKLyTTY0I/AAAAAAAAA4M/JWmGoUIsly0/s640/dusty+house-thumb.jpg[/IMG]

A little disappointed that it wasn't something super exciting and deep, I checked in with a very reliable internet source - the ever dependable urban dictionary.

[IMG]http://www.mauromunafo.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/urbandictionary.png[/IMG]

I can' really directly quote it due to content, but to paraphrase:

[QUOTE]
[u]KNOCK THE DUST OFF[/u]
1. 'beat the brakes' - to beat the living **** out of somebody[/QUOTE]
There are of course additional definitions that are a bit less appropriate, but this one will do for tonight's purposes.

In addition, there apparently is a very famous line from the movie 'Friday' involving 'knock the dust off' as well.

[IMG]http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/icecubechristuckerfriday.jpg[/IMG]

I didn't want to do a movie DoW this time around, but you are free to investigate if you want to. (I can't honestly say I've seen that one in its entirety either).

Bringing it all together -

We need to knock the dust off as defined above.

We want to welcome RnR to TE, but they are going to need some help and we've never been 'properly introduced' to AAA....so....[/size]

[size="6"][color="#0000FF"]Ordo Paradoxia [/color]hereby DECLARES WAR on [color="#FF8C00"]RnR[/color] and [color="#800080"]AAA[/color].[/size]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1333543280' post='2948218']
[img]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23500000/Come-At-Me-Bro-khal-drogo-23525547-500-282.gif[/img]

I hope everyone will enjoy this war :P
[/quote]

I must say, you could have at least warned me, I would have dusted the cheetos off myself first.

Good Luck Ordo Paradoxia! Way to stab me in the back!

:awesome:

TO ARMS!!!!

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1333546373' post='2948235']
I must say, you could have at least warned me, I would have dusted the cheetos off myself first.

Good Luck Ordo Paradoxia! Way to stab me in the back!

:awesome:

TO ARMS!!!!
[/quote]
How did OP betray you?

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1333565810' post='2948314']
Am I sensing a new OP rival here? [/quote]

I don't think that we have any.

And welcome back, I was not aware you were coming back to TE.

How long were you gone?

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1333567950' post='2948324']
I don't think that we have any.

And welcome back, I was not aware you were coming back to TE.

How long were you gone?
[/quote]

I don't see myself as back "completely" as its a training AA and all that :P

Is this DoW actually legitimate? Has anyone even noticed the stats!? Since when does fighting a war justifiable when you attack people with more total nations when your upper tier clearly and very easily outnumbers their upper tier?

[u][b]Stats[/b][/u]

[u]OP[/u]:
22 nations: 6k & up (holy dog !@#$!!!)
2 nations 4k -5.9k
0 nations 2k - 3.9k
0 nations 0 - 1.9k
27 Nukes

vs.

[u]AAA[/u]:
2 nations: 6k & up
7 nations 4k -5.9k
3 nations 2k - 3.9k
0 nations 0 - 1.9k
0 Nukes

[u]RnR[/u]:
1 nations: 6k & up
3 nations 4k -5.9k
32 nations 2k - 3.9k
6 nations 0 - 1.9k
0 Nukes

Are you kidding me OP? This is the [i]worst[/i] down declare I have ever seen in TE. Absolutely terrible. You totally stole G-6/Anon sole record of the worst down declares ever.

Pathetic.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1333586839' post='2948438']
Do you always post stats nearly 24 hours after a very successful blitz? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

24 hours of war does not make up for how terrible of a down declare this war is.

[quote]24 hours of war does not make up for how terrible of a down declare this war is.
[/quote]

Sure it does, especially this early in the round.

Take a look at your 24 hour old stats. Based on them, we would not have been able to attack enough nations in order to get the 36 A's that we did achieve, and with only 24 nations.

I will post the pre-war stats later.

But you should really think twice about posting stats that are nearly 24 hours old.

They are totally misleading.

Unless that was your goal. :(

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1333588385' post='2948448']
Sure it does, especially this early in the round.

Take a look at your 24 hour old stats. Based on them, we would not have been able to attack enough nations in order to get the 36 A's that we did achieve, and with only 24 nations.

I will post the pre-war stats later.

But you should really think twice about posting stats that are nearly 24 hours old.

They are totally misleading.

Unless that was your goal. :(
[/quote]

Feel free to post the stats, I highly doubt it was anything but a down declare prior to 20 hours ago.

[quote name='wasso' timestamp='1333588804' post='2948453']
I had a nuke 12 hrs ago :smug:
[/quote]

Yes you did. Actually a little longer than 12 hours ago. And you were not the only one with a nuke.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

I guess i was the only one with a Nuke in RnR . Im not sure > but anyways ,good job guys , i guess RnR have been shot in the back , as i took a shot too , and 3 against 1 with an un expected war , is so Fair . :awesome: