Let spies sabotage nukes

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1330931131' post='2933752']
Definitely adds an explosive element to the Target Weapons of Mass Destruction spy op :awesome:
[/quote]

Would result in less of a buildup of nukes me thinks :D As having stockpiles without HNMS would result in being at risk of nuclear attack yourself, even if your opponents didnt have any nukes :P

[quote name='Awesome Dog' timestamp='1331059839' post='2934673']All spies have to die though.[/quote]

And it would need to be very expensive. I know I wouldn't go on a guaranteed suicide mission if my family wasn't taken care of.

Not very realistic... Pretty sure this has never happened in RL :P I'll admit it sounds fun from a gameplay perspective, but I think moving in this kind of direction in general isn't the best idea.

[quote name='Overlord Wes' timestamp='1331083444' post='2934823']
And it would need to be very expensive. I know I wouldn't go on a guaranteed suicide mission if my family wasn't taken care of.
[/quote]
All the spies dying would cost 8mil in itself, CIA permitting.

I don't think ALL the spies should die. When you want to do something covertly, you don't send an army of 800 spies to do it. Maybe any number between 10 and 75 spies should die.

[quote name='Awesome Dog' timestamp='1331059839' post='2934673']
I could get behind this.

All spies have to die though.
[/quote]

Yes, this makes a lot of sense but it also defeats the purpose. :lol1:

[quote name='Endurance' timestamp='1331251142' post='2935668']
Yes, this makes a lot of sense but it also defeats the purpose. :lol1:
[/quote]
Not really. The spy cost of 8mil/5.5mil plus maybe a 2 to 3 mil spy op cost is expensive, but not so prohibitive that the feature is never used.

Would the spy op destroy all the other nukes at the same time as well though? Maybe all nukes not protected by the HNMS, and maybe a 5 nuke cap? Not very realistic, but would increase game play and fun.