"Arrogant" GATO completes elections

Um, Int's treaties don't mean anything compared to ODN and TLR's in the grand scheme. Sparta didn't mean anything either to ODN. That's why it's gone.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330905182' post='2933420']
Sparta didn't mean anything either to ODN. That's why it's gone.
[/quote]

Your inferential abilities are substantially less powerful than you imagine.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330905369' post='2933423']
Erm, no. There's a reason I know why it was cancelled.
[/quote]

You said it was cancelled because Sparta meant nothing to ODN. That is quite false. Ergo you don't know what you think you know.

No, Athens came before ODN. ODN was done in 2010.

Pingu: I'm just phrasing it in a particular fashion. In practical terms, Sparta meant nothing to ODN. That is why Sparta cancelled it.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330905824' post='2933438']
No, Athens came before ODN. ODN was done in 2010.
[/quote]

The ODN odp was signed sometime in late June 2009. The Athens odp was signed in late July 2009.

I just checked to make sure and I was right.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330905824' post='2933438']
Pingu: I'm just phrasing it in a particular fashion. In practical terms, Sparta meant nothing to ODN. That is why Sparta cancelled it.
[/quote]

So what you mean was "Sparta perceived that it meant nothing to ODN" rather than "I know for a fact that Sparta meant nothing to ODN." The former may well be true, the latter is quite false.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330905182' post='2933420']
Um, Int's treaties don't mean anything compared to ODN and TLR's in the grand scheme.
[/quote]

Well I'm happy that you are here to tell us whose treaties mean what to which CnG members. I have a feeling INT would have a few choice words for you saying their treaty partners don't matter, and I am sure ODN and TLR respect INT's treaties as much as GATO does. You talk a big game saying that any of CnG's treaties "don't mean anything" . Fark thought that too. I rarely go so far as to speak on other's behalf but as GATO's MoFA I beg anyone to test CnG's resolve for its allies or its respect for its individual member's treaties.

Edited by Lanore

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1330906227' post='2933445']
Well I'm happy that you are here to tell us who's treaties mean what to which CnG members. I have a feeling INT would have a few choice words for you saying their treaty partners don't matter, and I am sure ODN and TLR respect INT's treaties as much as GATO does. You talk a big game saying that any of CnG's treaties "don't mean anything" . Fark thought that too. I rarely go so far as to speak on other's behalf but as GATO's MoFA I beg anyone to test CnG's resolve for its allies or its respect for its individual member's treaties.
[/quote]

It doesn't matter what Int thinks. It matters what you think when the time comes. I know which treaties will mean more than Int's R&R treaty already.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330906145' post='2933444']
So what you mean was "Sparta perceived that it meant nothing to ODN" rather than "I know for a fact that Sparta meant nothing to ODN." The former may well be true, the latter is quite false.
[/quote]

I am pretty sure ODN's actions cleared up any confusion within Sparta as to how ODN viewed Sparta.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1330905892' post='2933439']
The ODN odp was signed sometime in late June 2009. The Athens odp was signed in late July 2009.

I just checked to make sure and I was right.
[/quote]

The point still stands :)

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330906304' post='2933448']
I am pretty sure ODN's actions cleared up any confusion within Sparta as to how ODN viewed Sparta.
[/quote]

If only the world were so simple.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330906352' post='2933450']
Especially the reelection of OsRavan.
[/quote]

What the actual frack does this have to do with anything? I know you have some kind of hard-on for Lucius because you think he would be less of a [s]close ally[/s] lackey to MK or something, but ODN elections don't revolve around foreign policy as misperceived by you. For all you know, OsRavan wins elections based upon his wise choice of secretaries or his ability to baffle everyone with giant walls of text.

I know you want to make everything into a data point in your beautifully neat grand theory of everything on Bob. But the maddening truth is that both the internal politics of alliances and the complex interactions of alliances will continue to resist your simplistic, ideological framework of explanation. You simply don't know as much as you think you know.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1330887013' post='2933266']
People toss that word around a lot, but it seems to mean something different to everyone. In this case I can safely say I really don't what you mean at all.

The reason I even bothered to address the humor in this thread is because it bothers me to see GATO making a big joke out of its recent changes. There was once a time when you could count on GATO to be the voice of reason and diplomacy. They were a bit arrogant, yeah, but understandable given their size and history, and at least you knew they would be the last AA to unthinkingly tag along with the hegemony just to stay safe or to fit in with the in crowd. So to see GATO join a bloc that is known to be a satellite of DH/PB, and gleefully join along in a pre-emptive strike during a war over a 2-year-old grudge (even DoW'ing with "'Sup MHA?") is a bit unsettling. In fact, here's what you wrote at the time:

So I have no idea why you would want to try to dismiss my comment here considering it bears a lot of similarity to yours (i.e., a serious comment about GATO changing that breaks up everyone joking and congratulating themselves).
[/quote]

Your dedication to finding a quote by myself from 3 months ago deserves a non-sarcastic +1.

Your point, unfortunately, isn't really mine. I voiced uncertainty with where the "new" GATO was going. I don't like seeing them become cannon fodder any more than countless others, but that's their decision. In truth, my comment to you was nothing more than a jest. Apologies if it seemed untoward, but my opinion on GATO right here, right now, is still a sturdy "eh".

That being said, I do like a few of the government members, so I can genuinely congratulate the General Assembly for displaying a degree of competence that seemed not to be there while I sat on that podium months back.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330906304' post='2933448']
[/quote]
GATO chains MA clause on ODN.
ODN honors CnG treaty.
ODN uses its influence to help demand light terms for MHA.
ODN are complete and total monsters who hate Sparta and were supposed to tell GATO and TLR to go to hell despite being part of an MDAP bloc.
Sparta cancels on ODN for having a lack of morals and honoring a blood pact because they are obviously horrible people.

Yeah that sounds like the way it happened.

Edited by Lanore

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330906911' post='2933459']
If only the world were so simple.

What the actual frack does this have to do with anything? I know you have some kind of hard-on for Lucius because you think he would be less of a [s]close ally[/s] lackey to MK or something, but ODN elections don't revolve around foreign policy as misperceived by you. For all you know, OsRavan wins elections based upon his wise choice of secretaries or his ability to baffle everyone with giant walls of text.

I know you want to make everything into a data point in your beautifully neat grand theory of everything on Bob. But the maddening truth is that both the internal politics of alliances and the complex interactions of alliances will continue to resist your simplistic, ideological framework of explanation. You simply don't know as much as you think you know.
[/quote]

Holy crap Pingu. It matters how I see it in terms of who I want to see as Sec-Gen.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1330907015' post='2933463']
ODN honor's CnG treaty.
ODN are complete and total monsters who hate Sparta and were supposed to tell GATO and TLR to go to hell despite being part of an MDAP bloc.
Sparta cancels on ODN for having a lack of morals and honoring a blood pact because they are obviously horrible people.

[/quote]

You forgot the part about faulty intel though so try again.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1330907015' post='2933463']
ODN honors CnG treaty.

[/quote]

Where does VE being dickheads come in? You know the part where they said on the OWF that they were "friends of GATO and wanted to help" to saying "GATO is awful and a liability" a few days later.

All in an attempt to suck PB's &#$@ and not help GOD.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330907116' post='2933465']
You forgot the part about faulty intel though so try again.
[/quote]

It was good enough at the time to warrant action, and the actual plan was close enough to be of no real matter.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330907039' post='2933464']
Holy crap Pingu. It matters how I see it in terms of who I want to see as Sec-Gen.
[/quote]

But what is the connection between who you want to see as Sec-Gen and ODN's relationship with Sparta? Or was that interjection of yours entirely random?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1330907279' post='2933469']
Where does VE being dickheads come in? You know the part where they said on the OWF that they were "friends of GATO and wanted to help" to saying "GATO is awful and a liability" a few days later.

All in an attempt to suck PB's &#$@ and not help GOD.
[/quote]

It doesn't come in. He has still to learn that part. Sheesh Omni, he has only been doing FA for a few months, give the poor guy a break.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1330907383' post='2933470']
It was good enough at the time to warrant action, and the actual plan was close enough to be of no real matter.
[/quote]

If it was of no real matter then why apologise for something so trivial in an embassy?

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330907427' post='2933471']
But what is the connection between who you want to see as Sec-Gen and ODN's relationship with Sparta? Or was that interjection of yours entirely random?
[/quote]

They're interconnected since they're both based around the same person.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330907568' post='2933475']
They're interconnected since they're both based around the same person.
[/quote]

That person being you, right?

Anyway, I'm out. Duties at home in Free Radicals and the onset of migraine mean I shall have to resume these delightful discussions at some other time.