Announcement from the Kingdom

Merk

[center][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/118nadc.png[/img][/center]

Hi Planet Bob, we at the Kingdom of Hyrule just wanted to take a few moments to let you all know that we're still alive and that we have a couple of things going on:

First of all, we have a new charter.

[quote][i]We of the Kingdom of Hyrule do hereby enact this Charter in order that we may enhance the vision seen by our founders and to provide a more stable home for us and our posterity. [/i]

[i][b]Article I: Membership [/b][/i]

[b]Section I: New Member Procedure[/b]

1. New members must register on our forums within 3 days of joining our AA. Failure to do so will result in their removal via ghost busting.

2. After registering on the forums, all new members must fill out an application. Failure to do so will, again, result in removal via ghost busting.

3. All recruits must have changed their in game Alliance Affiliation to “Kingdom of Hyrule”

4. The King, the Parliament as a whole, or the Duke of Internal Affairs may reject any application with or without cause. An appeal may be requested to any member of the Parliament and must be approved by a 2/3 vote. The King also must approve of the Parliament’s motion.

5. The recruit will be masked as a “Kokiri” after their application is approved until they meet all qualifications for full membership unless pre-approved by the King.

[b]Section II: The Hylian Body – Rights and powers of the general membership [/b]

1. All full members of The Kingdom of Hyrule will be given the mask of “Hylian” and will be granted a seat in the Hylian Body. Each seat of the Hylian Body is allotted one vote except in the case of Parliament elections in which case it is allotted two.

2. A Hylian Body vote shall be called for in the following circumstances:

-A declaration of Aggressive War
-The election of a new King
-The election of Parliament
-Any changes to this document

3. Such votes shall last for 48 hours

4. The rights of those in the Hylian Body shall not be infringed upon by anyone in the Kingdom of Hyrule; elected, appointed, or otherwise.

[b]Section III: The Responsibilities of the Hylian Body:
[/b]
1. Log onto the forums regularly. If you plan to be away for an extended period of time, you are asked to notify us in the Gathering Hall.

2. Contribute to the Kingdom by maintaining your in game account to the best of your ability.
3. Obey the orders of your senior officers.

4. Be respectful to other members at all times.

5. Be involved in the Hylian community.

6. Contribute to the military success of the Kingdom. If you are attacked, ask for help.

[i][b]Article II: Executives[/b][/i]

[b]Section I: The King[/b]

1. Powers and Duties

-The King is the Commander-in-Chief of the Kingdom of Hyrule Military.
-The King is the Chief Diplomat and public face of the Kingdom.
-The King is granted the power to make the final decision on all Ministerial policy.
-The King shall appoint the Duke of Defense, Duke of Foreign Affairs, Duke of Internal Affairs, and Duke of Economics
-The King may remove and replace any of the aforementioned Dukes at any time.
-The King may, at his own discretion, appoint an Archduke. The Archduke shall serve as Interim King if the King is away for greater than 24 hours, with the King resuming his role upon return.
-The King may propose ideas to the Parliament, and these ideas should be given top priority. The King is also encouraged to seek the counsel of the Parliament on all matters of significance.
-The King is given a legislative veto and the ability to pardon any member excluding him or herself for any offense with the exception of treason.
-In the event the King is away for more than 24 hours and there is no current Archduke, the Speaker of the Parliament will fill his role until return.

2. Terms and Election

-The King shall serve indefinitely until resignation or deposed by a 3/3 Parliament vote and 2/3 of a Hylian Body Vote OR a 2/3 Parliament Vote and a 4/5 Hylian Body Vote.
-In the event a King is deposed or steps down, a general election by the Hylian Body should be held following the procedures in Article III Section IV, with the exception of timing. The election should start as soon as possible.
-During this period, the Speaker of the Parliament shall serve as the Interim King.

[b]Section II: The Royal Council[/b]

A. The Royal Council shall consist of the Duke of Internal Affairs, the Duke of Foreign Affairs, the Duke of Defense, and the Duke of Economics with the King, though not a member of the Council, presiding over them

a. The Duke of Internal Affairs is the supreme authority in all matters of internal operation of Kingdom of Hyrule, answerable only to the King.

1. Powers and Duties

-Organizes effective recruitment
-Processes applications for membership
-Devises training programs to ensure the success of our new members and therefore of KoH.
-Establishes guidelines for the advancement from 'Kokiri' to 'Hylian'
-Moderates the forums
-Ensures that all elections run on time and within all legal criteria

b. The Duke of Defense is the supreme authority in all matters related to the military of KoH, answerable only to the King.

1. Powers and Duties

-Maintains the military readiness, combat efficiency, discipline and sound organization of our military
-This Duke must possess have a high level of strategic understanding
-Appoints officers and leaders
-Maintains unit rosters
-Deploys our military in acts of aggression
-Organizes a defense of our nations

c. The Duke of Foreign Affairs is the supreme authority in all matters of diplomacy for KoH, answerable only to the King.

1. Powers and Duties

-Establishes and maintains diplomatic relations with other groups within the world
-Monitors the world at large for potential impact on KoH
-Maintains friendships with other groups
-Strives to inspire fear among KoH’s enemies
-Expands the influence of KoH in the community at large

d. The Duke of Economics is the supreme authority in all matters of finance for KoH, answerable only to the King.

1. Powers and Duties

-Establishes and maintains a healthy bank and growth program
-Encourages national audits and establishes a system of national check-ins by which all members of the alliance are expected to participate in
-Establishes and manages tech deals and trade circles

[b]Section III: General Regulations for Dukes[/b]

1. Terms

-Dukes may be appointed or removed by the King at any time with or without cause.
-Dukes will serve a term of 3 months beginning at the date of their appointment. At the first of their term, they are to outline their goals for said term.
- Upon the end of the 3 month term, the King has the right to either keep the current Duke in power or remove him after an evaluation of what he or she has done during their term. The King’s decision must be approved by the Parliament by a 2/3 vote. If not, an election for the next Duke will take place in the same manner as an election for a King.
- There are no limits to consecutive terms for Dukes.

2. Barons

-Any Duke may appoint a Baron as his or her assistant at any time they please. This requires no prior approval.
-Barons may be removed by the King, the Parliament as a whole, or the Duke who appointed them.

[b][i]Article III: The Parliament[/i][/b]

[b]Section I: Structure - The following establishes the basic setup of the Kingdom of Hyrule Parliament[/b]

-The Parliament shall consist of 3 members elected by popular vote in the Hylian Body
-Each Senator has 1 vote within the Parliament
-Each Parliament shall have a Speaker. This Speaker shall be appointed by the King.
-The Parliament Speaker is responsible for ensuring the voting process takes place in a timely manner and ensuring Senators are conducting themselves appropriately

[b]-Section II: Powers and Procedures - The Parliament shall be responsible for all matters concerning legislation and the enforcement thereof[/b]

-The Parliament has the power to craft all legislation.
-The Parliament will serve as the Judicial branch. All trials and hearings must take place before the Parliament.
-The Parliament is to serve as the voice of the Hylian Body. Any member may bring an issue to the Parliament, which should be discussed in a timely manner and voted upon if necessary. Legislation or counsel from the King should be given precedence.
-The Parliament may override a Royal Veto by a 3/3 vote followed by a 2/3 or greater vote in the Hylian Body OR 2/3 Parliament vote followed by a 3/4 or greater vote in the Hylian Body.
[b]
Section III: Voting Procedures - In order for a Parliament matter to pass, the following conditions must be met[/b]

-General Legislation - 2/3 Parliament Vote
-Charter Amendments - 3/3 Parliament Vote followed by a Hylian Body Vote of 2/3 or greater OR 2/3 Parliament Vote followed by a Hylian Body Vote of 4/5 or greater
-General Defensive Treaties - 2/3 Parliament Vote followed by a simple majority Hylian Body Vote
-Treaties that include a mutual aggression clause - 3/3 Parliament Approval followed by a Hylian Body Vote of 2/3 or greater OR 2/3 Parliament Vote followed by a Hylian Body Vote of 4/5 or greater
-Aggressive War Declarations - 3/3 Parliament Vote followed by a Hylian Body Vote of 2/3 or greater OR a 2/3 Parliament Vote followed by a Hylian Body Vote of 4/5 or greater

[b]Section IV: Terms & Election Procedure - These are the basic rules for the selection of new Senators[/b]

-Senate Terms shall last 2 calendar months
-The Nomination, Campaign, and Voting period should take 144 hours (6 days)
-Elections should begin so that they are completed as to ensure that the new Senators takes his or her seats on the first of the month

1. Nominations

The Nomination period should last 48 hours
Any member in good standing may nominate up to two other members in good standing
A member must accept his or her nomination in order to officially be considered a candidate

2. Campaigning

-Each Candidate should be given the opportunity to campaign in the "Voting Booth" forum by means of a question and answer session with the Hylian Assembly
-Campaigning shall last for 48 hours and shall not begin until Nominations are complete

3. Elections

-Elections should be held by a vote in the "Poll Booth" forum lasting 48 hours

-Each member of the Hylian Body is given 2 votes
-The 3 candidates who receive the most votes will be the new Parliament members
-The new Parliament should be announced on the 1st day of the upcoming month
[/quote]

Secondly, as per our new charter, our government has been changed accordingly

[b]His Majesty,[/b] King Merk

[b]Royal Council:[/b]

Duke of Foreign Affairs: Ill Mind of Hopsin
Duke of Internal Affairs: Frederick III
Duke of Defense: Caleb
Duke of Economics: Abomb2323

[b]Parliament:[/b]

Speaker: Clcarte2
Representative: Special Ass
Representative: Cpl Taylor02

So, hooray and all of that. tl;dr: new charter, new govt, we're alive

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330035277' post='2927001']
This topic is going to receive 150% of the regular attention because people will inherently think MK made it.
[/quote]

That is what I intended it to be. I clicked it and then saw it wasn't now I'm typing this message and I'm disappointed.

Congrats and what not. Changes are good I guess.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330035277' post='2927001']
This topic is going to receive 150% of the regular attention because people will inherently think MK made it.
[/quote]

That was the reason I titled it what I did :)

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1330042400' post='2927093']
I would not be opposed to a Bob-wide pact to ZI people who make stupid thread titles.
[/quote]
All those fake war thread titles from last war were brutal. I'd be more than happy to contribute to enforcing such a pact. Of course, while we are at it, we could probably go after a few other bad OWF posting habits too... ;)

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1330046901' post='2927154']
All those fake war thread titles from last war were brutal. I'd be more than happy to contribute to enforcing such a pact. Of course, while we are at it, we could probably go after a few other bad OWF posting habits too... ;)
[/quote]

Yeah but I don't know any one trait which is more universally disliked.

I'm just content I have no idea what this alliance's name is since I stopped reading it immediately upon opening the thread... stupid viewing it from the OWF and not seeing the OP in the "Announcement from the Kingdom" thread and only seeing last post :P