war

The activity number on the nation page only tells you the last time a nation collected taxes. It doesn't tell you the last time the player logged on, or took other actions (such as fighting). So, if you see an "inactive" nation in the game, it simply means that nation hasn't collected taxes recently. ;)

Days inactive are actually days that you haven't collected taxes in.

Have a look at my nation.
http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000378

It makes no sense to collect while I am at war or under Nuclear Anarchy effects. I am definitely not "inactive" by definition as I am fighting my opponents each day. I will wait till I am out of anarchy, war, and possibly be able to buy some infra back, before I collect.

To check real daily activity, go to an alliance page and see how many it says are inactive.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/alliance_stats.asp?ID=9

See the 29 nations 25 active?

I thought this was based on if you've been active with paying bills daily, but I am not sure now.

Only based on Alliance numbers though.

[quote name='Universal Darkness' timestamp='1328616396' post='2916092']
Also, nations often back collect (meaning they take on certain procedures) and collect taxes after around 20 days.
It makes that nation a small fortune, although not too much of a significant increase. But it is definitely better than just collecting taxes daily! ;)
[/quote]

It also [size="1"]helps[/size] people keep larger warchests