Your 15 minutes of fame

Ameris

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1325914198' post='2894551']
Remember when Polar and \m/ peaced out and kicked off a chain of events that we are fighting about literally right now? [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79454]I posted the thread.[/url]
[/quote]

I'm still surprised you joined \m/, tbh.

Well, there was that one time that Sir Paul did a song about my small insignificant alliance getting ridiculous reparations from arrogant protectorates that took a beating on the winning side of Karma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJ9OzgptS0

Oh, and then there was that whole nuke-roguing Xiphosis (:wub:) before it was socially accepted to nuke-rogue Xiphosis.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95083

And then becoming friends with the people I was at war with and ending the war with ebil Xiphosis forcibly disbanding my alliance.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95379&st=0&p=2530591&hl=church&fromsearch=1&#entry2530591

And that's basically it.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1325915639' post='2894566']
We all do stupid things.

I was a founder of Vox for example.[/quote]

The [i]idea[/i] of reforming \m/ wasn't a bad one. It was the execution of it that didn't work out. It's like a band that broke up and 20 years later decided that playing together again might be a good idea. It's a matter of time before everything that was wrong 20 years ago resurfaces and either you learn to forgive and move on or it just blows right back up again.

I'll always respect, even if I disagree these days with some on their current alliance choices, those that were there at the end and those who still held for \m/ a place in their heart. Good memories. Part of my "15 minutes", but not all of it.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1325914490' post='2894556']
[/quote]

I still can't believe I wanted to reform it and did. Yeesh.

Anyways, fame? No. No fame. Plenty of shame, embarrassment and a touch of humiliation when things I did either backfired because I was dumb and surrounded myself with a ton of bad counsel (and ignored the few good voices that were whispering in my proverbial ear, so to speak) or because of dumb mistakes made by my former members.

I wouldn't change a thing. Edit: Except for the falling out with PC. That was totally unfortunate and could have been avoided had I not been so stubborn.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1325914490' post='2894556']
[/quote]

I was not caring about CN at all when the merger and formation happened, so it seemed like as good a thing to do as any. Then I got chosen as one of the initial leaders and then all the craziness happened from there. Despite all the headaches and stuff, being a part of \m/ 2 did reignite my interest in the game so it turned out for the best.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325963460' post='2894949']
The [i]idea[/i] of reforming \m/ wasn't a bad one. It was the execution of it that didn't work out. It's like a band that broke up and 20 years later decided that playing together again might be a good idea. It's a matter of time before everything that was wrong 20 years ago resurfaces and either you learn to forgive and move on or it just blows right back up again.

I'll always respect, even if I disagree these days with some on their current alliance choices, those that were there at the end and those who still held for \m/ a place in their heart. Good memories. Part of my "15 minutes", but not all of it.
[/quote]

If I had to do it again, I'd start from the ground up. No mergers. And I would lay the FA groundwork beforehand instead of just running with the handful of treaties that Bel Air already had.

Starting the NoCB war by finding some aid sent to Chickenzilla and spinning it into something horrible and war worthy,

plus some other stuff but the above is easiest to point to :blush:

--As an aside, the only reason for NoCB was so GGA could jump in the war off the bat. Valhalla was already going to be hitting polaris etc thru the TOP and co CB but Ironchef wore me out begging to be included in the initial war DoW's and this is what we came up with in order to make it so and the rest of the 'heg' thought it lulzy for the most part and gave it the green light to continue.

In hindsight it was really really lame and done without much forethought for the future consequences of those actions but at the time we were all riding high in Q and could feel no pain. :gag:

Oh man, I remember when I tried creating the Aqua Summit and reunited all aqua alliances.. It could have worked but we know it wouldn't

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103452&st=0&p=2752235&hl=fearunited&fromsearch=1&#entry2752235]Silly me.[/url]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1325822952' post='2893707']
I successfully pissed as many people as I could off by simply being right.

It happens nearly every day.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, you don't really bother anyone. You give yourself too much credit, really. Honestly you aren't even that noticeable.

For instance, I did not even know you had said anything here at all until I found someone else had quoted you. Had it not been for them I wouldn't even know you'd existed at all.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1326328825' post='2897715']
[color="#0000FF"]No, you don't really bother anyone. You give yourself too much credit, really. Honestly you aren't even that noticeable.

For instance, I did not even know you had said anything here at all until I found someone else had quoted you. Had it not been for them I wouldn't even know you'd existed at all.[/color]
[/quote]
Rebel.. When I first started CN, I must say, you are a number one factor to this game that made my playing here more enjoyable. I want you to know this.. if this game were to ever disappear, thank you for making my CN playing days exciting.

-FearUnited
-LordDarknessOfLight

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1326024786' post='2895650']
Yeah, [i]that's[/i] why you pissed me off :P
[/quote]

It's funny, because it's true!

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1326328825' post='2897715'][color="#0000FF"]
[/quote]

Had they not quoted what I wrote you would not have seen what they had quoted of me.

Huzzah.

Edited by IYIyTh