The dawn of the Iron Age

Aeros

I think at this point the outcome of this war is a foregone conclusion. IRON will emerge from this conflagration as the leading alliance on Bob, replacing the MHA who will have to spend a very long time in reconstruction. Even more importantly, IRON's allies are also emerging from this conflict on the upswing. With ties to Duckroll, Mjolnir, and of course TOP, IRON is well positioned to assume that most coveted role of hegemony. I think mindless hails and congratulations are in order. Its not every day a new alliance rises to the top of the Pyramid and its an accomplishment worth noting.

Also, here is hoping the IRON Age will be more interesting then the Mostly Harmless Age.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to be #1 statistically to be the most pivotal force. MK was perceived as the driving force behind Karma despite being nowhere near the top of the rankings.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325462369' post='2890228']
You don't need to be #1 statistically to be the most pivotal force. MK was perceived as the driving force behind Karma despite being nowhere near the top of the rankings.
[/quote]

True, but still, being the #1 alliance is pull in and of itself. If IRON is smart, they will be able to use that too help shape events in the way you all claim MK does.

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1325468423' post='2890281']
GPA has eleven points on IRON...
[/quote]

Yeah, but GPA never counts.

Mjolnir begs IRON to be anything than the world's largest meatshield to Doomhouse ITT. I guess it finally sunk in that they have no influence with the people who actually make the decisions - LMAO.

[img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/alohaalliance/Aloha/AlohaProp/coattailriders.png[/img]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325470045' post='2890289']
Mjolnir begs IRON to be anything than the world's largest meatshield to Doomhouse ITT. I guess it finally sunk in that they have no influence with the people who actually make the decisions - LMAO.
[/quote]

You really got a hard on for this MJ is going to burn theory of yours. Though I do find it amusing you think I speak for anyone other then myself. Makes me feel all important ^_^

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1325470692' post='2890292']
While post-war politics will certainly be interesting, I don't really see ourselves going hegemony on your asses, lol
[/quote]

Yeah, I suppose hegemony is a loaded term. I mean it more in the specific definition of the unit with the most power. Which is what IRON will be barring a major new years surprise.

[img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/alohaalliance/Aloha/AlohaProp/coattailriders.png[/img]
[/quote]

How are they a meatshield to anyone really? Their upper tier sustained no damage. It's basically NPO became the world's largest meatshield.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1325468700' post='2890282']
Yeah, but GPA never counts.
[/quote]
Nonsense. GPA is the true Hegemony. They've been so masterful in their backdoor political maneuvering you've never even noticed. The real reason this war has been waged is because GPA decided it was time to return to the #1 spot. All they had to do was set their pieces in motion and MHA's fall was ensured.

I think at this point the outcome of this war is a foregone conclusion. [s]IRON[/s] MK will emerge from this [s]conflagration[/s] curbstomp as the leading alliance on Bob, [s]replacing[/s] [consolidating their power over] the [s]XX/SF[/s] who will have to spend a very long time in reconstruction. Even more importantly, [s]IRON[/s] MK's allies are also emerging from this conflict on the upswing. With ties to [s]Duckroll[/s] Complaints and Greivances, Mjolnir,[Pandora's box], and of course TOP, [s]IRON[/s] MK is well positioned to assume that most coveted role of hegemony. I think mindless hails and congratulations are in order. Its not every day a new alliance rises to the top of the Pyramid and its an accomplishing.

Also, here is hoping the [s]IRON[/s] MK Age will be more interesting then the Mostly Harmless Age.

FTFY.

[/quote]

Was always curious though: Who are the alliances riding MK's cape?

[quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1325470692' post='2890292']
While post-war politics will certainly be interesting, I don't really see ourselves going hegemony on your asses, lol
[/quote]

Shush, don't ruin it. We shall rule with a fist of daisy, rainbows and glittery colored objects. :awesome: Our hegemony will consist of oppressing everyone to dance the samba.

When you define a period of time as an "Age", you do so based on the main characteristics that it holds. In that sense, we did not pass a "Mostly Harmless" age, because that moniker does not really describe anything that happened in the past few years. Similarly, there are not yet any characteristics that you can point at and relate them to an "Iron Age". It goes way beyond just pointing at the biggest alliance of the time.

For example, you had an "Initiative Age", because at that point the planet revolved around the politics of that block, be it through their dominance or through their infighting. Similarly, we are now arguably at the end of a "Super-Grievances" era, where the majority of world politics first revolved around keeping that grouping together, and was later defined by how the group split.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325470994' post='2890298']
How are they a meatshield to anyone really? Their upper tier sustained no damage. It's basically NPO became the world's largest meatshield.
[/quote]

No one on the other side of the web can touch MK because of them (and other toady meatshield alliances like TOP). It's the exact same role they served in tC for NPO.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325477111' post='2890373']
No one on the other side of the web can touch MK because of them (and other toady meatshield alliances like TOP). It's the exact same role they served in tC for NPO.
[/quote]

Well, I was kind of hopeful that they'd leave Q. They weren't really a target or anything. Coursca like a year and a half later said some of them had wanted to.

Though so we have our facts straight about Karma: most of it is located at http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/GOD#2009_and_What_The_F.27_Did_We_Just_Do.3F Some bias, but meh. Though, rather than Gre being a target, it was more I was annoyed by their timidity.

NPO's blacklist had made them a permanent enemy and if you read some of Londo's recent posts, they explain more of it.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325478888' post='2890400']
Well, I was kind of hopeful that they'd leave Q. They weren't really a target or anything. Coursca like a year and a half later said some of them had wanted to.

Though so we have our facts straight about Karma: most of it is located at http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/GOD#2009_and_What_The_F.27_Did_We_Just_Do.3F Some bias, but meh. Though, rather than Gre being a target, it was more I was annoyed by their timidity.

NPO's blacklist had made them a permanent enemy and if you read some of Londo's recent posts, they explain more of it.
[/quote]

No offense, but can you explain why every conversation with you goes something like this:

[color="#FF0000"]KRACK:[/color] [i]Declarative statement[/i]

[color="#0000FF"]ROQUENTIN:[/color] Why would you say that?

[color="#FF0000"]KRACK:[/color] [i]Information supporting the initial declarative statement[/i]

[color="#0000FF"]ROQUENTIN:[/color] Well ... I really wish that supporting information wasn't true.

It's like every time you hear something true (that you just don't like), you decide to test whether or not the guy knows why it's true rather than just say, "Yeah ... well ... you're right, but I wish you weren't" (or just ignoring it all together).

I know what happened during Karma - it's not some gigantic secret. Dealing with GOD and Gramlins not being able to get along was a real treat. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
[size="1"][color="#FF0000"]KRACK:[/color] McDonald's has the best french fries in the world. I'd eat them every day if I could. Nobody else is even close.
[color="#0000FF"]ROQUENTIN:[/color] How could you possibly say that? Did you know that Burger King sells french fries too?
[color="#FF0000"]KRACK:[/color] Yes, I've tried them both. Many times. I like McDonald's far more and I don't know a single person who likes Burger King's fries better.
[color="#0000FF"]ROQUENTIN:[/color] *sad face* I wish Burger King had better fries than McDonald's.[/size]

Edited by Krack