My Reasoning behind the Great Divide

BlahGory

My reasoning behind the Great Divide is that when a nation that's small is in war, it is likely to get destroyed. With the great war coming after Christmas, it will most likely be attacked by many nations. Not having so many soldiers, tanks, or anything much, it is next to defenseless during the attack. Finally, the nation is destroyed. Then the attacking nations turn on each other, until the last two destroy each other. We must stop this, because it can happen, even to someone with 35 tanks! (me)

This won't just happen to one nation. It will be happening to almost every nation.

Now, this is why it would work.

The alliance has to propose a truce with another alliance. (Let's say the first alliance who wants to have a truce is called Divide Alliance, and the second alliance is called Destruction Alliance. Destruction Alliance can choose two options. Yes, in which they cannot attack each other, and no, when the first alliance is allowed to attack.

The best strategy? Attack the leader with your whole alliance. Unless he has piles of nukes, he won't be able to attack.

The war would work by alliances planning a war. Not a spontaneous attack coming out of nowhere. They would be allowed a set amount of time that they agreed on to ready their troops and prepare for war. Then, the one who suggested the war will have a set amount of time to attack, and after a portion of that time is up and they haven't attacked, the other nation can attack instead.

This is why I proposed the Great Divide. Once this is over, the remaining alliances will be in peace. During the war, old grudges will be remembered and you can finally use that nuclear war tactics book your great grandfather had from WW2. But once it is over, grudges will be washed away, and the world will be together until the end of the tournament. Sure, there will be fights and raids after the war, but not as many, since the alliance truces will be held.

At least I could come up with this. A nine year old could write this while everyone older than him whines about how stupid his ideas are while they lounge around casually destroying nations.

Maybe I haven't been playing as long as you, but I have more reasoning and less... Stupidity.

Anyone else?

[quote name='New Carnoly' timestamp='1324389130' post='2882540']
You make no sense, TE is about fighting, if you don't want to get attacked, either join an alliance or a better one) or don't play TE at all, then you won't have to worry.
[/quote]
The whole 'Great Divide' war thingy is ABOUT FIGHTING. It creates a war but stops smaller nations in an alliance from being crushed.

[quote name='ScratchyScientist' timestamp='1324388444' post='2882536']
At least I could come up with this. A nine year old could write this while everyone older than him whines about how stupid his ideas are while they lounge around casually destroying nations.

Maybe I haven't been playing as long as you, but I have more reasoning and less... Stupidity.

Anyone else?
[/quote]
I personally like destroying my enemies nations, ask anyone:)

Now to your ideas....
TE is as much a political game as it is a war game. That said, just as individuals in RL, each AA has its own views and agendas, likes/dislikes, enemies/friends. Just as in RL it is too hard to get all of the AAs to put aside their differences in order to organize some great war. Your outside the box thinking has heuristic value. Although I may not agree with your ideas I do accept your right to post them.

[quote name='ScratchyScientist' timestamp='1324392328' post='2882549']
FOUR WORDS:
SHUT THE HELL UP.
If you don't want to, don't be in the war. I'm starting to doubt the intelligence of the people on the forums. Plus, if you read the whole post, I covered that.
[/quote]

Sounds like somebody can't handle criticism well.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

[quote name='ScratchyScientist' timestamp='1324386635' post='2882530']We must stop this, because it can happen, even to someone with 35 tanks!
[/quote]
This needs to become a TE meme.

Instead of this giant rulebook of convoluted wars, I propose we all split into groups. The largest nation at the end wins. Whichever group the winner was a part of can talk tough for a while. Ready, set, go!

Edited by Awesome Dog

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1324399492' post='2882592']
I personally like destroying my enemies nations, ask anyone:)

Now to your ideas....
TE is as much a political game as it is a war game. That said, just as individuals in RL, each AA has its own views and agendas, likes/dislikes, enemies/friends. Just as in RL it is too hard to get all of the AAs to put aside their differences in order to organize some great war. Your outside the box thinking has heuristic value. Although I may not agree with your ideas I do accept your right to post them.
[/quote]
You still don't understand. YOU CHOOSE WHO YOU TEAM UP WITH.
A large group of small alliances can defeat a small group of large alliances. It just depends on who you choose to work with.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1324402391' post='2882619']
Sounds like somebody can't handle criticism well.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
[/quote]
Seems like you're having memory problems. Try re-reading the post again.

[quote name='ScratchyScientist' timestamp='1324407430' post='2882669']
You still don't understand. YOU CHOOSE WHO YOU TEAM UP WITH.
A large group of small alliances can defeat a small group of large alliances. It just depends on who you choose to work with.
[/quote]

And you are missing the point that most alliances in TE dont feel like doing this. Your main argument for the Great Divide is that smaller unalligned nations get crushed? Great. Why should people in an alliance care about them? This game is about the wars. The best way to play is to join an established alliance, or make one of your own, and join in the mass fun. People sitting on none not doing much can expect to get raided for their tech.

If you are arguing that we are driving such nations away - that may be true, but who cares? These are people who are not participating in the game or getting involved. If they leave, they no longer exist within TE. If they stay, they do noting and may as well not exist anyway, except as floating tech barges and troop dumps.

If you are talking about how small nations within established alliances can get crushed...well, yes, they can. And I should think that they largely expect to take a lot of damage. And heck, large nations can get crushed too! In fact, when experienced large fighters with good WC's and nukes go up against like opponents, they both tend to go up in flames.

So really, I dont see the point of this great divide? Personally I do think it would be interesting to have some sort of bracketed tournament of the alliances to see who is the best (at least for that round), so I am with you on that being interesting. What I dont get is how this is somehow going to save TE, or why the status quo is leading to something bad.

If you just want revenge for being raided, or want to show that small nations can pack a punch, please go right ahead. I think it would be pretty cool actually to see all the micros and unaligned unite for an attack on the main established alliances. It would certainly be a change and spice things up. I just dont really get the idea you seem to be trying to get across that your Great Divide will somehow save TE from itself. Or why it needs saving in the first place.

Edited by Mikeyrox

[quote name='Mikeyrox' timestamp='1324412756' post='2882743']
And you are missing the point that most alliances in TE dont feel like doing this. Your main argument for the Great Divide is that smaller unalligned nations get crushed? Great. Why should people in an alliance care about them? This game is about the wars. The best way to play is to join an established alliance, or make one of your own, and join in the mass fun. People sitting on none not doing much can expect to get raided for their tech.

If you are arguing that we are driving such nations away - that may be true, but who cares? These are people who are not participating in the game or getting involved. If they leave, they no longer exist within TE. If they stay, they do noting and may as well not exist anyway, except as floating tech barges and troop dumps.

If you are talking about how small nations within established alliances can get crushed...well, yes, they can. And I should think that they largely expect to take a lot of damage. And heck, large nations can get crushed too! In fact, when experienced large fighters with good WC's and nukes go up against like opponents, they both tend to go up in flames.

So really, I dont see the point of this great divide? Personally I do think it would be interesting to have some sort of bracketed tournament of the alliances to see who is the best (at least for that round), so I am with you on that being interesting. What I dont get is how this is somehow going to save TE, or why the status quo is leading to something bad.

If you just want revenge for being raided, or want to show that small nations can pack a punch, please go right ahead. I think it would be pretty cool actually to see all the micros and unaligned unite for an attack on the main established alliances. It would certainly be a change and spice things up. I just dont really get the idea you seem to be trying to get across that your Great Divide will somehow save TE from itself. Or why it needs saving in the first place.
[/quote]

Other than the bracketed tournament, I totally agree.

I have a feeling that ScratchyScientist is very young and is either having a problem communicating what he really means or he really does not have it thought out.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Bionic redhead' timestamp='1324394269' post='2882560']
http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000743

It is. Interesting nation building scheme he has there.
[/quote]
So pro.. Space program.. you cant beat this man!
Trying to hug infra he doesnt have! :awesome:

[quote name='ScratchyScientist' timestamp='1324407497' post='2882670']
Seems like you're having memory problems. Try re-reading the post again.
[/quote]

Oh my that was funny.

But seriously, you strike me as the sort of guy who starts an alliance when he has no business leading and then wonders why it hasn't taken off and become hugely successful beyond anything he could have hoped for.

Your enthusiasm is admirable, but I think you need to get a grip on the basic mechanics and form a better understanding of how things work and why. Until then, your ideas aren't going to get any traction.