Failure only paves the way for success.

Elrich von Richt

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110308080461/valkyria/images/thumb/b/bf/Valkyria_chronicles_2.jpg/500px-Valkyria_chronicles_2.jpg[/img]
[size="4"][font="Garamond"]The Capital City of Randgriz, Principality of Gallia[/font][/size][/center]

Clustania was considered by many to be an aspiration, a dream, something to strive and aim for. The Provisional Government expected that they would inevitably be capable of finalizing their list of projects, and standardization of several new laws would be feasible and easy to obtain. The state was meant to attract outsiders from around the world and urge them to join the creation of a union where multiculturalism did not harm the state, but cultivated prosperity, cooperation, and the aim for something higher. When the Provisional Government took control, none knew how many made their ranks nor who in full was within it. All that the general populace knew is they were ambitious, and strived for results, and none of them had ever shown their actual faces to the populace. Their had been times when names had been mentioned, thrown around, but that was as far as it went. The population would likely grow increasingly restless as the Government maintained it's distance from the public, and even those with connections to the 'Inner Circle' the Provisional Government had become could not see them increasing their presence beyond that which was necessary to maintain power and control. The laws instated by the Provisional Government, such as the creation of the Hymmnos language, were instated to provide some form of unity and centralization among the masses. Instead, they backfired. Trying to make those from foreign languages learn a new universal tongue, and initiating general laws that would adapt them to a 'utopia' just proved to be nothing more than what the state set out as: a dream.

Klaus Honecker found this 'dream' to be a waste of time. He had participated, on the Provisional Government's behalf, in a conference aimed at South American unity. At the conference, he got to see varying faces. People of various governments, backgrounds, and ways of managing politics were there. States of different ethnic makeups, sizes, and civil structures. While the interaction he got with those on the same continent as the state he represented was minimal, he came to a conclusion there: the state that was known as Clustania would only hinder progress, rather than move forward and progress and it was intended. For several days, he rested within his chambers and worked endlessly to find a solution to the 'Clustania Problem' as he would come to know it, something that would satisfy the current status quo of ethnicities in the Clustanian state whilst developing it into a functioning and normal state. He went through government type after government type, drafting many prototype 'blueprints' and factoring in every element he could think of to solve the issues. For days, he would only run into failure and find both advantages and disadvantages. He quickly learned that no government type he would envision to strive towards for the new state would be perfect, nor immune to corruption and the other errs that ruined political systems.

On the sixth day of his labor, he found a blueprint that he was satisfied with, something that would represent the people best and allow for both a democratic system, but a stable one with a static base of power to support the democratic elements: a constitutional monarchy. He opted to leave a bit more power in the monarch's hands than traditional constitutional systems, and the system was still likely prone to elements with which some would disagree with. He would have to deal with it, as would those he passed the idea down to. Further down the blueprint were details for the new 'monarch' of the state. Since no hereditary bloodline (of nobility or general royalty) had ever existed in the Clustanian state, as it was against the ideals set forth by the Provisional Government, the selection of a monarch would inevitably create a new royal house which would work from scratch to establish itself internationally, although it would be recognized (at least) nationally, or so he hoped. His selection process, although lengthy, led him to a young commoner girl from Luxembourg whom had immigrated by herself to Clustania: Cordelia van Leeuwen. She had been born to a Dutch father with a good pedigree, and a mother of commoner background from Luxembourg, where she had lived the entirety of her life until her sudden move to Clustania. From the information he had gathered from those who lived in the same district and general area as her, she was a capable orator, and good at wooing people and being generally pleasant. Whilst many other candidates would qualify, Klaus opted for female ruler. This would easily open up the opportunities for a royal marriage with another country, at least more so than with a male monarch.

Klaus would spend a few days interacting with Cordelia after his selection process, and submitted a commission for a flag the same day he began them. The days he interacted with Cordelia proved that information he had received had been reliable, although she appeared to be a bit more shy than he expected around him. Althought his was to be expected after being approached so closely by a random stranger, whom had given her neither his identity or rank in Clustania's government. It was only until the fifth and final day that he finally would reveal these details to Cordelia, along with his plans to enthrone her and mark the creation of 'House Randgriz'. Although a bit frightened by the prospect of being thrust on the throne of a nation, Cordelia accepted the choice and realized that such a move would be best for the Clustanian people. With his monarch secured, the finer details of his 'blueprint' began to fall into place. The flag design would arrive shortly after, two days following his meetings with Cordelia.

The state was to be named 'Gallia', stolen from history of the past. The flag was considered ideal and matching towards the name, and the suffix 'gi Randgriz' was to replace Cordelia's actual last name upon ascension to the throne. The ethnicities, based on the growth charts, proved to be true. The make-up of the state was primarily those of German, Luxembourgish, and Dutch (including Flemish and Frisian) descent. French (including Walloon) was the next largest, following by Finnish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Japanese, and Hispanic / Native minorities. With his blueprint falling into place, and everything successfully 'prepared' according to his ideals, he set forth. Although he considered the Provisional Government as unlikely to support his motion, he filed it and found unlikely support in Elric van Leeuwen. Using his own influence, van Leeuwen (not of any relation to Cordelia) swayed enough members of the Government for the motion to pass. It also found popular support among the people through an opinion poll, and the more radical elements of the Provisional Government that sought to keep the Clustanian Problem unanswered, according to Honecker, were arrested and jailed.

Honecker felt quite accomplished with his efforts, and van Leeuwen could only walk alongside him with a slight smirk on his face. In the span of a week, they had eliminated opposition so easily and caused Gallia to prepare itself as a reality rather than fictitious idea on paper. With preparations set for the arrival of a reformation, and the changing of the guard (so to speak) in Clustania, Cordelia was summoned to 'Ar Tonelico' to meet with van Leeuwen and Honecker in the Governate. They would quickly move forward with their plan, starting with the dropping of a rather large Gallian flag over the governate out one of the lower stories of the building, which would remain hanging as several smaller Gallian flags overtook Clustanian flags across the nation. A live television broadcast would be provided and aimed at the Governate towards the balcony several floors above the now hanging Gallian flag. This would culminate in the birth of what Clustanians, now Gallians, hoped to be a fruitful era. Her coronation was about to begin.

[quote][center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/touvS.png[/IMG]
[font="Garamond"][size="6"]OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE PRINCIPALITY OF GALLIA[/size]
[size="3"]In regards to the reformation of our state, and the coronation of a Princess[/size][/font][/center][/quote]

As the TV broadcast began, and the cameras focused on their mark, Klaus Honecker and Elric van Leeuwen began to move forward...

[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mq4_IHY-N2Y/TfDlqX2QVHI/AAAAAAAACuc/xMrHYGmbZrI/s320/GeertWildersspeech.jpg[/img] [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/Richard_Bartsch.jpg/213px-Richard_Bartsch.jpg[/img]
[size="4"][font="Garamond"]Elric van Leeuwen and Klaus Honecker[/font][/size][/center]

[size="3"][b][font=Garamond]Klaus Honecker[/font][/b][/size]: We must strive for a new era, the creation of a state that is feasible and sustainable! The creation of Clustania was and is nothing more than a dream in both principle and practice! Those who vehemently strived for it's creation regardless of the effects it had on the people this 'utopia' for whom this has been set out for? They deserve the punishments they shall be given, the time they spend rethinking in jail will be valuable, and the proper destiny of our state is here.

[size="3"][b][font=Garamond]Elric van Leeuwen[/font][/b][/size]: We can no longer idle under silly dreams and petty illusions. We must move forward for real progress and attempt to create a state that is no longer a dream, but a reality that is attainable, that is reachable. As such, we set forth and reform ourselves into the Principality of Gallia. A modified constitutional monarchy system with a Kongreß, of one house upper, and one house lower. Ruled over by a monarch with a Chancellor acting for the will of the people, with elections for both. This is a state where we can attain our destiny. Where the languages that diversify us: Luxembourgish, Dutch, French, German... can all exist and be noticed and recognized! A state where the minorities are also recognized and treated fairly, and with respect. Enough with my rambling however... I present to you the Princess of our reformed state, the very girl whom this new Imperial House, Randgriz, the name which this capital shall bear as well, rests on...

Shortly after van Leeuwen finished his speech, both he and Honecker would take a step back and allow the Princess to walk forward. Dressed in a simple yet elegant military uniform rendered in classic European style, she strode forward with an eager heart and a look of confidence. This destiny had been chosen for her to lead, and the people of the new land she had chosen to call home needed a leader that was capable, young, and willing, with a fiery heart and passion. She would meet their expectations as best she could. But now was not the time for her to idle, but rather, to speak.

[center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pnDxi.png[/IMG]
[size="5"][font="Garamond"]HRH Cordelia Gi Randgriz, Princess of Gallia[/font][/size][/center]

[font="Garamond"][size="2]HRH[/size] [size="3"]Cordelia Gi Randgriz[/size][/font]: My people... my brothers, my sisters. Today we set forth into a new era which shall hopefully cement the first movement forward in our nation's history. Now, I am not a miracle worker, and I can not promise you prosperity, guaranteed progress, or any such things that typically politicians would shove down your throats as ballot-buying, but I can promise you this... I will work, I will strive, to make this country succeed. I will do everything in my power for you, my people, and for the land we walk on and now call 'home'. For we are all Gallians, and we have a commitment not just to our government and country, but to ourselves, our kinsmen. I hold no hatred, no ill will, to those of different ideologies then our own... including those internationally known as 'reds' and 'communists'. I will not allow petty things such as this to cloud my mind prior to experiences with these people first-hand, for prejudice only serves to weaken ones perception in this world. Before I step off and allow the celebration to begin, I hereby cordially invite any and all foreign visitors to tour my castle, and the city of Randgriz. I will be happy to meet any who answer this invitation, and show them our nation first-hand! I welcome this new era and am glad to lead you, my brothers, my sisters, into it. [i]Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sinn[/i]!

Cordelia waved to the cheering masses for a few minutes, and walked back into the Governate following the fanfare that marked her exit. While it'd take time for proper elections to be prepared, for parties to be organized, and for her to form a cabinet and set things in the right direction. She already knew who she would choose as Chancellor in the coming future...

As she disappeared into the darkness, a few select words echoed in the distance from the Gallian National Anthem...

[center][i][font=garamond][size=4]"Valkyria, Valkyria
May the bloodline live forever
Valkyria, Valkyria Bless and protect our fertile land"[/size][/font][/i][/center]

Just in case the news broadcast didn't reach everyone, a short message would be sent to all foreign governments, worldwide, as follows...

[quote][b]From[/b]: From the desk of House Randgriz, Imperial Family of Gallia
[b]To[/b]: Foreign Diplomats, Potential Dignitaries

Dear those of all backgrounds, from around the world,

It is with great esteem and the blessings of Her Royal Highness, Cordelia Gi Randgriz, that we do cordially invite members of your government, along with diplomats and other foreign dignitaries of your state to our nation of Gallia. Your visit to Gallia will allow you to tour Castle Randgriz, meet Her Majesty and hold private council with her, and attend a ball in the castle especially for the foreign guests that arrive to partake in among other festivities. We look forward to your arrival.

Signed,
[b]Klaus Honecker[/b]
[i]Representative of Her Majesty[/i][/quote]

[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110227170714/valkyria/images/thumb/6/6e/RandgrizCastle.jpg/350px-RandgrizCastle.jpg[/img]
[size="4"][font="Garamond"]Castle Randgriz, Randgriz, Principality of Gallia[/font][/size][/center]

Edited by Elrich von Richt

To you Cornelia gi Randgriz, Princess of the Gallians

Altough I didn't consider the Provisional Republic any bad or hostile to us, I welcome the monarchy and especially as it seems to be backed by popular support. As I have to look after a Grand Principality myself, I can understand the burden of being born a noble, but I think it is not a hindrance, but a responsibility. To act for the good of the country, to ensure peace and order, to make sure that the people are well-fed and living properly, that the country stays souvereign and independent. I have high hopes that you will be a capable and just leader.

Also, seeing a chance for our nations to cooperate and co-prosper in this world, I would like to visit Gallia myself, deepening our friendships and discussing the general future of our countries. If you want, I can also bring some tea with me.

With regards,

[i]Louise Françoise I de Vicidalia[/i]

"While we had hoped for a republic to be the end result, Guyana does gladly welcome the new state of Gallia, hopefully bringing a stable government and good relations with it.
Unfortunately, however, currently no representatives are free to attend the ball, both First and Second speaker busy on the moon, while other, lower-level reps have internal concerns. Our apologies."

[quote]
From: From the desk of House Randgriz, Imperial Family of Gallia
To: Foreign Diplomats, Potential Dignitaries

Dear those of all backgrounds, from around the world,

It is with great esteem and the blessings of Her Royal Highness, Cordelia Gi Randgriz, that we do cordially invite members of your government, along with diplomats and other foreign dignitaries of your state to our nation of Gallia. Your visit to Gallia will allow you to tour Castle Randgriz, meet Her Majesty and hold private council with her, and attend a ball in the castle especially for the foreign guests that arrive to partake in among other festivities. We look forward to your arrival.

Signed,
Klaus Honecker
Representative of Her Majesty
[/quote]

[i]**Reply**

Monsieur,

While South American monarchies have since left a foul taste in the mouth of the Commune, it is necessary, now that France occupies the Caribbean to get to know our southern neighbors to a much higher degree. As such, the Commune will send a delegation to this ball. It is my sincere hope that Gallia and France can take this opportunity to forge a strong relationship and that Gallia can represent France to the other nations of South American, many of whom have already branded us as invaders and barbarians. Ambassador Jean-Louis Pourcel and Prefect Antoinette Desbois will be in attendance.

Regards,

Simone Valentin
Chairwoman of the Revolutionary Party[/i]

Lady Rhyasea, a lower member of Lord Baras court will be attending the ball on behalf of The Imperium. We trust that security is of high standrad and as such she will be travelling without bodyguards, please ensure her safety as failure to do so will be looked down upon for any future diplomatic talks. The Imperium also recognises the Principality of Gallia at this moment in time.