Citadel DOE

Lehran

[b]Courtesy of Alexandros o Megas (TheBadWolfGR)[/b]

As a member of Citadel in some of the previous rounds (4 or 5 I think), I have wondered what attracted me here and I want it to share it with all of you, who decided to add yourselves in this Alliance from this round of CN/TE or you attent this meaningless discussion over the OWF.

In all previous rounds Citadel was a micro alliance of 5-10 nations (apart of its first round when a similar size has been achieved) and it is only in this round that through the efforts of its members (but especially the efforts of Kong we have been nearly doubled.

In Citadel even though the number of nations is not the critical point. It is not quite hard to attract many nations in an alliance and then to see them either orienting themselves some towards north, some towards south and some towards east or west, or to notice them shining with their inactivity during the round and then disappearing for the next round.

What we want to make our critical point for the growth and prosperity of this Alliance is the general rules, and the climate and culture of this Alliance.

As of the General Rules I think it is essential to include there the following:

1. Respect without hesitation to the Order of Command and to the other members of the Alliance.

2. Minimum Activity (Visiting Citadel Forums - if possibly daily - and studying the material there abour Alliance, Nation Building, Trading, Defense etc. and if possible also visiting irc Citadel channel at #Citadel or our public channel at #citadel-te).

3. Solidarity to the last pixel of our nation to our members who are in a defensive war and need our help.

As of the Citadel Culture:

1. We are here for friendship and fun.

2. We try to interact with the other members, to know them, to show us and to know us by the rest of the Alliance and so to start creating bonds among us. This way we will defend happily each other during the wars, we will trade easier and more efficiently, we will have nice time and we will want to meet again during the next round.

3. All of us we have - some people less, some people more - our ambitiousness and our personal goals for the game. At the depth of our minds we hope we will win the flag or we will get a nice experience with wars and we will be an exemplary nation. This is true and I am also thinking so as one of you, BUT ALLIANCE GOALS SHOULD ALWAYS PREVAIL personal micro goals.

I remember in one of previous rounds been hospitalised by another alliance and been actually used by their leaders to protect their bigger nations to make their life easier to get the flag. I was not alone in this experience and we did not object it - even though ot was so obvious [and unfair] - but we followed orders and we have honored where we came from.

That means that many times we have to sacrifice our growth or our nations' prosperity for the Alliance general good and for protecting one of us in need.

At the end of the day this is a game and we have to remember this always. Personal relationships and enjoying what we do, gaining the respect of our colleagues and their trust (not swallowing a pill but building it slowly day after day with our actions) and having fun is more important than some pixels in a game.

4. Having the above in mind it is easier to judge our every action before we do it.

- Does it help the Alliance general good and prosperity?
- Does it help my colleagues?
- Is it honorable for me and for me as a member of Citadel Alliance?
- How I want to be discussed behind my back - when I am absent - or to be remembered by the rest of our Alliance members and by our Allies or Enemies in wars (yes even them, they have to feel some of our beliefs and appreciate our solidarity and individual sacrifice of each one of us for the general good - then we will gain more members in the future)?

Edited by NeoGandalf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Spock' timestamp='1323059992' post='2863102']
Neutral
Wut
:wacko:
[/quote]
I'll investigate it. I thought we were supposed to be opined, hold grudges and build a hate-block. That's terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't join Citadel. If your beliefs don't match up with kong's completely, he will be very rude and threatening. I thought he was better than that at first, but experience proved otherwise...

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324326494' post='2882018']
Don't join Citadel. If your beliefs don't match up with kong's completely, he will be very rude and threatening. I thought he was better than that at first, but experience proved otherwise...
[/quote]
Finally another who sees what I see. Don't worry every so often you will get querries and pms about not being compatibable or some strange stuff. :)

Yeah... It seems like he cares about his "rules" more than his members' opinions. I tried to make some suggestions, but everything he said to me concerned his own opinions and he wouldn't budge on almost anything. That's why I'm no longer in Citadel.

NeoGandalf resigned as an Officer on his own initiative, following my pm regarding him raiding a 18 members alliance. There were other similar actions, which are not suitable for any alliance member, not only a gov. member.
Reading his angry response - like here - I've realised he would jepordise our alliance in any capacity.
Therefore, I revoked his membership.
There will be no further comments in this thread. If NeoGandalf can't be civil, somebody else has to.

Paul, I'm very sad about your comment. You make me cry, buddy.

Edited by kongland

It goes beyond that. You yourself said about James Aquinas that he might as well be gone because he doesn't follow your guides. This is a perfect example of how Kong does not budge on anything - several members have asked to raid, but kong was generally very defiant and would not budge.

As for my resigning, that is after your PM where you told me to conform to your rules or get out. We can see what path I chose.

Voicing my grievances is not uncivil. Your alliances is run by you and for you, and members' opinions don't count. I first resigned as Officer, but I only left after I reread your PM and thought about your ideals. Again, since I resigned, you didn't need me anymore since all you wanted from me anyways was to do the grunt work - audits, assigning targets for war, etc. but when it came to real issues, only your opinion counts.

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1324330399' post='2882059']
Paul, I'm very sad about your comment. You make me cry, buddy.
[/quote]

Why are you sad? Every now and then you will querry and PM me about our incompatability. If we are so incompatible just don't say anything to me in any way shape or form. You initiate every convo we have ever had then you get upset if I don't agree or follow your beliefs. I see a pattern here ^_^

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324330836' post='2882070']
It goes beyond that. You yourself said about James Aquinas that he might as well be gone because he doesn't follow your guides. This is a perfect example of how Kong does not budge on anything - several members have asked to raid, but kong was generally very defiant and would not budge.

As for my resigning, that is after your PM where you told me to conform to your rules or get out. We can see what path I chose.

Voicing my grievances is not uncivil. Your alliances is run by you and for you, and members' opinions don't count. I first resigned as Officer, but I only left after I reread your PM and thought about your ideals. Again, since I resigned, you didn't need me anymore since all you wanted from me anyways was to do the grunt work - audits, assigning targets for war, etc. but when it came to real issues, only your opinion counts.
[/quote]
Sounds like a dictatorship to me. Also sounds like Kong as well.

He also told me that "we just have different points of view." That would not be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that everyone must agree with him. Can't two people survive in an alliance without having the exact same beliefs? That's why there is a balance of power and separation of power. However, kong, you just run the whole show so you have the power to expel anyone who tries to disagree with something...

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324332985' post='2882102']
He also told me that "we just have different points of view." That would not be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that everyone must agree with him. Can't two people survive in an alliance without having the exact same beliefs? That's why there is a balance of power and separation of power. However, kong, you just run the whole show so you have the power to expel anyone who tries to disagree with something...
[/quote]
Differing viewpoints prevent groupthink and are good in many cases.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324326494' post='2882018']
[/quote]

I know... He scares the !@#$ out of me :wub:

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324329891' post='2882054']
Yeah... It seems like he cares about his "[u]rules[/u]" more than his members' opinions. I tried to make some suggestions, but everything he said to me concerned his own opinions and he wouldn't budge on almost anything. That's why I'm no longer in Citadel.
[/quote]

Rules are still rules.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324330836' post='2882070']

Voicing my grievances is not uncivil. [b][u]Your alliances[/u][/b] is [u][i][b]run by you[/b][/i][/u] and for you, and members' opinions don't count. I first resigned as Officer, but I only left after I reread your PM and thought about your ideals. Again, since I resigned, you didn't need me anymore since all you wanted from me anyways was to do the grunt work - audits, assigning targets for war, etc. but when it came to real issues, only your opinion counts.
[/quote]

I think thats the key part that needs to be remembered.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324330836' post='2882070']You yourself said about James Aquinas that he might as well be gone because he doesn't follow your guides.[/quote]

In fairness, Kong is right. That is one !@#$tily-built nation.

ADude, you haven't been able to personally talk to him when you disagreed about something. Rules are rules, but when the rules are made by one person several rounds ago and that one person is unwilling to ever budge, it becomes a problem. Also, just because it is "kong's Citadel" doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion. The reason I resigned was because of his rudeness regarding his "this is not a choice, just do it please" methods. He then expelled me after I resigned, probably because I specified that he should plan his war then, so he couldn't use me anymore.

Einer, the guy started late and he is new. Not everyone is as good as you with building :P

Edited by NeoGandalf

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1324344018' post='2882229']
[b]Commandant - kong92[/b]

Like it or not I think that says all that needs to be said.
[/quote]

If that means he has absolute power, that's not a good thing. What is the point of an Officer then, except to do kong's bidding?

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324344213' post='2882234']
If that means he has absolute power, that's not a good thing. What is the point of an Officer then, except to do kong's bidding?
[/quote]

What is the point of a minister or even staff in an alliance?

edited

Edited by ADude