A new Declaration from The Order of the Paradox

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LordBucks' timestamp='1322322255' post='2852501']
Well, this should be fun. Congrats on finally finding you balls TOP, why do they disappear every so often anyway?
[/quote]

The balls they lacked when they helped coordinate a pre-emptive strike like Bob had never seen before?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1322331566' post='2852681']
Attacking just MK preemptively would have made very little difference one way or the other. The correct move for TOP was to simply honor your treaties without the preemption and the vitriolic comments in the DoW that enabled the political support to both allow you to be defeated and then to have massive reps imposed on you. Much of your ingame advantage to striking first was negated by strategic peacemoding. I know I had nearly our (Athens) entire top 40 sitting in peacemode right before TOP attacked (I'd put them in several days before so we could come out right after you or whoever else attacked. We knew that our side was at a large disadvantage in the upper tiers in general in that war because of TOP's presence on the other side). The fact that MK didn't do the same I attributed to a combination of a desire to draw TOP into the madness you guys pursued, confidence in the ability of MK's upper tier to all be on at update to fight back effectively against the blitz, and sheer bravado.

At the end of the day, if you'd just calmly honored treaties, you would have probably come out way ahead.
[/quote]
The strategic decision ended up being the wrong one. However, in those cases, hindsight is always 20/20 and the information people relied on, on our side, was in some cases either tainted by bias or simply different.

However, there is no doubt in our minds that, with treaty chains, C&G would have ended up on the other side of our coalition AND that Polaris betrayed us. I was merely addressing those two points as they were put into doubt by STA's fine leader, Tygaland.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1322335143' post='2852741']
The strategic decision ended up being the wrong one. However, in those cases, hindsight is always 20/20 and the information people relied on, on our side, was in some cases either tainted by bias or simply different.

However, there is no doubt in our minds that, with treaty chains, C&G would have ended up on the other side of our coalition AND that Polaris betrayed us. I was merely addressing those two points as they were put into doubt by STA's fine leader, Tygaland.
[/quote]

I think had TOP/IRON had listened to the majority of advice that was bouncing around the coalition at the time of deploying the strategy that you ended up deciding upon. Then perhaps a different decision would of been made. But I think with the understanding that NpO was going to hold up and take a beating on one side, it gave an opening to slap the other enemy around a little. I do think TOP made the wrong push for a strategy. And said so many times at the time, but TOP didnt want to hear it at the time.

GK

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1322342449' post='2852856']
Good Morning TOP. It is a beautiful day. I am not sure why it took you so long, it seems you could have done this a long time ago when most of you where actually in our range.... Your lack of courage cost you true revenge.

Good Luck, Have Fun [b]and Die.[/b]
[/quote]

You first.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1322342553' post='2852858']
You first.
[/quote]

Comrade, where I am going I have been before, it holds no mystery and certainly no fear. It will take a long long time to get there though won't it. I don't treat my nation like a shrine, I have so much less to lose than those who waste so much effort surrounding their pixels with more pixels, and lose they will.

Die

Good Morning TOP. It is a beautiful day. I am not sure why it took you so long, it seems you could have done this a long time ago when most of you where actually in our range.... Your lack of courage cost you true revenge.

Good Luck, Have Fun and Die.
[/quote]

You mean when they were paying reps? Or when you were getting beat down by VE? This is the first real chance they have had to beat you down.

Good Luck, Have Fun and Die.
[/quote]
What's amusing about that implication is that it's your alliance's nations that fell behind.

So if that's the case, is it truly their lack of courage that lead to this result? It's not as if TOP hasn't given the New Polar Order a chance to build itself up for this fight that it knew was coming, eventually.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1322342836' post='2852864']
Die
[/quote]
First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1322287801' post='2851866']
Please kill them dead.
[/quote]

i like the way you think; after all, there's other modes of killing, right?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7YAEWrnOtrY&ei=pl7RTta5KcTAtwe-6e2xDQ&usg=AFQjCNHt0TwLIXSEXsAVU5-8QqG8gX9uFQ&sig2=CbcZM5BG3oFeVYULE_wS6A

Edited by Instr

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1322342944' post='2852867']
You mean when they were paying reps? Or when you were getting beat down by VE? This is the first real chance they have had to beat you down.
[/quote]

pretty funny you mention that... you'd think if paying reps was such a godawful crime, they might have held a grudge against the people that actually asked for the reps? or did everyone suddenly forget about the hard-on MK had when TOP declared on them, knowing how it would end?

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1322346206' post='2852911']
pretty funny you mention that... you'd think if paying reps was such a godawful crime, they might have held a grudge against the people that actually asked for the reps? or did everyone suddenly forget about the hard-on MK had when TOP declared on them, knowing how it would end?
[/quote]

Where in his statement did he say that? He was just referring to the fact that when you're paying reps it's pretty hard to declare war.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1322342836' post='2852864']
Comrade, where I am going I have been before, it holds no mystery and certainly no fear. It will take a long long time to get there though won't it. I don't treat my nation like a shrine, I have so much less to lose than those who waste so much effort surrounding their pixels with more pixels, and lose they will.

Die
[/quote]

Your lack of honor, and desire for power costs your nation, as well as those you once led. Most of us in TOP happily throw our nations to battle with little regard for pixels. We just don't do it with motives similar to yours. That doesn't make us pixel huggers. Just smarter...

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1322346599' post='2852919']
Where in his statement did he say that? He was just referring to the fact that when you're paying reps it's pretty hard to declare war.
[/quote]
That, and as TOP-MK clearly proved, it is clearly impossible to ever get over the fact that reps were paid and move forward.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1322346206' post='2852911']
[/quote]

This only sheds a brighter light on how piss-poor Polar conducts itself.