There comes a time..

bcortell

So, there comes a time in each man's life...

...when they hit puberty. For confusion, that wasn't long ago.

...when they first sleep with a girl or another person. The latter was the case for Darth and Wes.

...when they get married. Congrats, Stelios and ADude!

...when they have children. What's that Mikeyrox?

...when they retire. JB RIP.

Well, with all of our nukes and all of our WRC's, we had to make a decision. Whoever we hit would have very little chance at a flag. But that means that the flag would be free for whoever we didn't hit. So, PS was faced with a tough decision. We chose to leave be the only AA we'd remotely want to see get the flag (if they so choose), and hit everyone else.

PS declares on a bunch of AA's and a bunch of nations. When I ran the numbers it was something like 1.1M NS vs 560K NS; 550 nukes vs 570 nukes; 37 SDI's vs 17 SDI's. But, that was yesterday, and I don't care enough to redo it.

Anyways, the end is near. Let's have some fun.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fairly sure that "a bunch of nations" don't all have a chance at the flag. Funny how you leave out the alliance that would otherwise be going to war with you soon, and you hit a bunch of people who have no money left and no chance to collect taxes either. I have just lost all respect for you guys.

Edit: The guy that attacked me has 6k more NS and twice my infra, and probably twice as much cash...

Edited by NeoGandalf

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321851697' post='2847785']
I'm fairly sure that "a bunch of nations" don't all have a chance at the flag. Funny how you leave out the alliance that would otherwise be going to war with you soon, and you hit a bunch of people who have no money left and no chance to collect taxes either (I have 10m. What do you expect?). I have just lost all respect for you guys.
[/quote]
most still in anarchy and NA from a war just peaced out like 24 hours ago?

[quote name='Jarhead' timestamp='1321851799' post='2847788']
T'is problematic.
We've been ditched yet again :unsure:

That aside, good luck, PS! On second thought...good luck to those who are fighting against PS...you'll need it :excl:
[/quote]

No matter how much luck we have, we have a snowball's chance in hell here.

Is what we did a down declare?

I declared up on my three targets, two are flush with money, one is broke. Being upset with who we hit is each individual's business. Like BC said. We basically were going to end the flag aspirations of whomever we hit, so we chose to leave the flag in the hands of the people who don't want it and to the people who are hiding. End of story.
edit: in the interest of my sanity. This will likely be my last owf post in this soon to be 10 page thread. Feel free to pm me.

Edited by Cellardoor

[quote name='Jarhead' timestamp='1321851799' post='2847788']
T'is problematic.
We've been ditched yet again :unsure:

That aside, good luck, PS! On second thought...good luck to those who are fighting against PS...you'll need it :excl:
[/quote]
There they go again :(

Yea and the guy that delcared on me was a down delcare the only thing i have on him is navy, which he has none and sold all of his land, pro

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1321851928' post='2847790']

I declared up on my three targets, two are flush with money, one is broke. Being upset with who we hit is each individual's business. Like BC said. We basically were going to end the flag aspirations of whomever we hit, so we chose to leave the flag in the hands of the people who don't want it and to the people who are hiding. End of story.
edit: in the interest of my sanity. This will likely be my last owf post in this soon to be 10 page thread. Feel free to pm me.
[/quote]
I could have gave you links if you asked...

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I looked at the alliance rankings, a war between PS and "Everyone but LE" isn't exactly what I was expecting...

Edit to add:

<E_> In fact, Aggrokrag DOWed two nations that have been killing each other for 12 days now, and an Anon nation who has no nukes.
<E_> In case one of you is Dr Satan, you're a ponce. If none of you are Dr Satan, then I'd be obliged if one of you would inform him that he's a ponce.

Edited by Einer

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1321851928' post='2847790']

[/quote]

According to your post, PS combined has twice the NS of whoever they attacked - and those that were attacked are in many separate alliances (harder to coordinate).

Additionally, a nation with the same NS as another one but in nuclear anarchy and no cash is a different story from one that has been building for weeks.

As far as flag running initiatives go, I don't think you need to be hitting two alliances that just peaced out less than 24 hours ago.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1321852008' post='2847793']
I could have gave you links if you asked...
[/quote]

That's actually my fault. We had a vote amongst our council. The options were
top 60
top 60 minus le
top 60 runners
op/le

op's war running so long ruined number 4, and I voted numer 1 instead of number 3. If I'd voted number 3 we might have a top 60 runners dec instead, but then it'd look like a down declare in another way, so really the whining is the same in terms of volume I'm sure.

edit: Neo, the NS numbers are backwards or you're not reading them right. we have half the NS of our targets, not double.

Edited by Cellardoor

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321851878' post='2847789']
No matter how much luck we have, we have a snowball's chance in hell here.
[/quote]

[quote]"You shall not pass!"[/quote]
Hmm...guess he speaks the truth. [You should know this quote, NeoGandalf!]

@Stelios
Well..at least those women will be saved...hopefully?

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1321852143' post='2847799']
That's actually my fault. We had a vote amongst our council. The options were
top 60
top 60 minus le
top 60 runners
op/le

op's war running so long ruined number 4, and I voted numer 1 instead of number 3. If I'd voted number 3 we might have a top 60 runners dec instead, but then it'd look like a down declare in another way, so really the whining is the same in terms of volume I'm sure.
[/quote]

Your three opponents are at 17k, 16k, and 10k. You are at 17k. Not an updeclare.

It's pretty obvious PS just wanted to avoid war with LE so they hit "everybody."

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321852078' post='2847796']
According to your post, PS combined has twice the NS of whoever they attacked - and those that were attacked are in many separate alliances (harder to coordinate).

Additionally, a nation with the same NS as another one but in nuclear anarchy and no cash is a different story from one that has been building for weeks.

As far as flag running initiatives go, I don't think you need to be hitting two alliances that just peaced out less than 24 hours ago.
[/quote]

No, PS has half the NS of everyone else we attacked.

I tend to stay out of these discussion in TE as I frankly don't really care, but I just lost a lot of respect for PS. Which is sad cause even when I get my ass kicked by PS, y'all are usually a good bunch to fight, even when losing. Seriously, hitting a bunch of nations that are broke and still have days of nuke anarchy to go before they can even collect? What does that prove?

That's something a coward would do, and y'all are way too good of fighters to need to do anything cowardly.

[quote name='Old Major' timestamp='1321852130' post='2847798']
18.5k declaring on 16.2k is a bad down declare? And as BC said, the overall NS is drastically in favor of 'them'.
[/quote]
If your talking about me, tehre was more too that, if you minus the 4k for my navy.. its a little more.. And considering im in two wars with bigger nations who Down declared on me, and im NA.. :D thanks tho

[quote name='Old Major' timestamp='1321852261' post='2847803']
No, PS has half the NS of everyone else we attacked.
[/quote]

My bad then - the OP wasn't clear about which was which.

In any case, hitting two alliances that just got out of war 24 hours ago is terrible form. And, if you look at ANS, PS's is way, way higher.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321852254' post='2847802']
Your three opponents are at 17k, 16k, and 10k. You are at 17k. Not an updeclare.

It's pretty obvious PS just wanted to avoid war with LE so they hit "everybody."
[/quote]

As I said, my vote included LE. The 10k guy was my bad. I should mention that guy has a huge WC and a WRC. And that I just bought like 200 tech and stole tech on ground battles. The other two were pretty obvious updeclares prior to.

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1321852254' post='2847802']

[/quote]

LE was the only one we felt comfortable with winning the hallowed "round 19 flag"

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1321852447' post='2847808']
As I said, my vote included LE. The 10k guy was my bad. I should mention that guy has a huge WC and a WRC. And that I just bought like 200 tech and stole tech on ground battles. The other two were pretty obvious updeclares prior to.
[/quote]

You're the one making an individual case here. My opponent (J Bibbs) has double my infra, more planes, 20 nukes, a WRC, and he can collect taxes. To top it off, he sold off his land so I can't blockade him in an effort to save his tax collections while I don't even have a chance to collect.