Lunar Republic Reports

Lynneth

[quote]Mister Schroeder,

By now many Athenian nationals have made their home in New Athens, while we can agree to move at the offered price there is simply a time consideration to be made, our experts have calculated that a complete evacuation will require roughly 10 years. This includes the time for a gradual move to one of the cities in the Atlantis Outpost or one of the new Elysium colonies. Preparations have been made and the move will start once you confirm.

Sincerely,
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]Silvia Renaldi, Magistrate of Technology[/size][/font][/color][/quote]

While they expected the counter-offer would be accepted security precautions would be taken, The HSS Miridian and HSS Crimson were taken to a high alert level while the HSS Vanguard was redeployed from Atlantis.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1350590970' post='3042613']
While they expected the counter-offer would be accepted security precautions would be taken, The HSS Miridian and HSS Crimson were taken to a high alert level while the HSS Vanguard was redeployed from Atlantis.
[/quote]
"Ms. Renaldi,

If possible, we would like to put the time of handing de jure control back at 5 years. Those who require up to another 5 years would not be evicted forcefully, though we would try to work with them and you to make the move faster. Our leadership has expressed that they would like for the affair to take as little time as absolutely possible, so you understand that I and my colleagues are under some pressure. Civilian transports will be made available to aid with this.
Unless you installed considerable amounts of hardware of non-lunar make, we believe this to be a reasonable schedule.

With regards,"
[i]Julian Schroeder[/i]

[quote]Mister Schroeder,

The issue is not so much a lack of transport capabilities but rather a place for the displaced nationals to go. While as mentioned earlier efforts are underway to provide alternate living space in the Solar System these are not completed yet.
We are willing to after five years shift to a policy of joint administration but must insist that some sense of Athenian control remains until the last Athenian has left the habitat.

Sincerely,
Silvia Renaldi[/quote]

"Ms. Renaldi,

Very well, that is acceptable. We will be making the repayment of the lease in 2 stages, with 60% of it to be repaid until the 5th year, the other 40% until the end of the 10th year.

With regards,"
[i]Julian Schroeder[/i]

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1350589749' post='3042605']

[b][Message to Selenarctos][/b]

"Dear Sir or Madam, whomever it might concern,

We regret to inform you that with the destruction of the Lunar Republic and the establishment of the Solar Empire in its stead - though this has not yet been made official - the lease you had with the Republic is void. We understand that you have a considerable population on the habitat, and we will gladly work together with you to solve the issue. If required, we are willing to pay you back up to 80% of the lease cost in monetary form or with resources.
We will of course ship all inhabitants back to Earth for free.

Please reply as soon as you are able.

With regards,"
[i]Julian Schroeder[/i]

The same message would be sent to Athens and Tianxia, who had Island 2 colonies under lease, compared to Selenarctos' Island 3 habitat.
[/quote]

[b]Reply to the Solar Empire:[/b]

Dear Julian Schroeder,

Thank you for your consideration and effort to contact Selenarctos on this matter. If you will refer to the original terms however, Selenarctos does not lease the Island 3 habitat known as Freeside but purchased the habitat from the Corporate Republic of Ceylon. Payments continued uninterrupted when Ceylon became the Guyana, and yet again when Guyana became the Lunar Republic.

By your own calendar, payment in full was completed approximately eight years ago leaving Selenarctos as the complete owner Freeside. For the past five years Freeside has operated independent of Lunar Republic personnel and though we continued to import spare parts from the Lunar Republic due to close proximity and reduce cost, it is within our ability to operate Freeside without external support.

And so Selenarctos thanks you again for your offer. If Freeside became a burden or Selenarctos suffered such that we were no longer to maintain our citizens in orbit, we would welcome assistance from the Solar Empire but at the present time we must decline your offer.

Sincerely,
Dallas Valdes, Secretary of the Economy

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]However, Solar forces moved into the habitat anyways, bringing with them several armoured vehicles and armoured walkers. Moob's relative independence would be curtailed considerably, and any protestors would be shot.[/font][/color][/quote]

While they tried to move into the MOOB, they quickly found themselves confronted with numerous checkpoints of heavily armed Legionnaires, most of them highly trained combat veterans of the various wars they had participated in over the years. A message was rapidly dispatched to Earth to the groundside Legion facilities making them aware of the situation. International news agencies were quickly notified as well that the Lunarians were attempting to evict the Legionnaires from the home they had bought and paid for. Those news agencies received a stirring message from Denard who had long been a resident of the Moob as he detailed the various issues at hand. Within the MOOB, certain contingency plans were activated to prepare for what could be a protracted siege or an outright assault.

Special Mobile Combat Teams were moved into position in a concentric pattern to give the Legionnaires a defense in depth. Prepared alternative power sources were activated to keep power flowing. Water recycling wasn't at all a problem as the Legionnaires were in an agricultural colony. Medical checkpoints are set up and inner doors are sealed to contain blast damage should heavy fighting rupture the dome. Denard, Dellion, Beckwith, Suwi Duvi, and the rest of the council of the Legion quietly send out several private messages to the Legion remains on earth with specific orders in the event the Moob falls to the Lunarian forces. Once this in completed the assembled Legionnaires make one last prayer to Allah and then prepare to fight to the last man should it be needed.

ooc: I bought and paid for this facility, it's not a leased arrangement, its a Legion facility through and through.

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1350595119' post='3042651']
[Snip]
[/quote]
"Dear Mr. Valdes,

I'm afraid I have to correct you. Freeside was never a full purchase, but more an 'unlimited loan' from Ceylon, later Guyana and the Lunar Republic to you. The later two were direct successors of the first, we are not.
Please do note that despite your claims of operating Freeside completely independent of our personnel that your ability to keep the habitat maintained is practically non-existent as none of your personnel ever was given instructions for how to do these things.
If you would note the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90657&st=200#entry2783017"]original terms[/url] of the contract, you will find that there is no permanent purchase, only a loan.

With regards,"
Julian Schroeder

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1350624555' post='3042812']
[snip][/quote]
OOC: You can't communicate with others though because nobody but me built the infrastructure required to talk to Earth. Any communications with the planet are non-existent, as I've RPd filtering such messages out without the knowledge of Moob. Please consider that.

IC: Solar forces merely sent a message to the Legionnaires, demanding that Moob allow for itself to formally become part of the Empire and prevent unnecessary bloodshed. If this was declined, the walkers were sent forward, their front modified somewhat to add protection, especially for the legs. Not that the Legionnaires would risk using weaponry heavy enough to damage the mechs and thus potentially the habitat as well if they didn't hit exactly their target.
Solar forces were superior in technology and numbers. They knew the layout of the habitat exactly and knew where they could move through maintenance shafts to circumvent the blockades, if necessary. It was unlikely that the Legionnaires had thought of these, considering that they had nothing to do with maintenance.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1350630467' post='3042845']
snip
[/quote]

ooc: Excuse me? You turned over the habitat to me, there was never any discussion of you doing repair work or upkeeping it in anyway. Stop telling me what I can and can not do. I've run the Moob as a Legion facility, under legion control, being kept up by the Legion since you sold it to me. This facility has never been part of Lunararian whatever you call it. You never specified anywhere to the contrary in any of our discussions.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1350630467' post='3042845']
"Dear Mr. Valdes,

I'm afraid I have to correct you. Freeside was never a full purchase, but more an 'unlimited loan' from Ceylon, later Guyana and the Lunar Republic to you. The later two were direct successors of the first, we are not.
Please do note that despite your claims of operating Freeside completely independent of our personnel that your ability to keep the habitat maintained is practically non-existent as none of your personnel ever was given instructions for how to do these things.
If you would note the original terms of the contract, you will find that there is no permanent purchase, only a loan.

With regards,"
Julian Schroeder
[/quote]

OOC: That's an OOC post Lynneth, it has no bearing ICly.
IC:

Dear. Mr. Schroeder,

Once again, thank you for your dialogue. The assertions you make, however, are simply incorrect. With regards to maintenance, Freeside has functioned adequately without the support of Lunar Republic personnel [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65408&st=140#entry3008505"]since the outbreak of hostilities[/url]. That is the beauty of the O'Neill design, really: once constructed and teraformed as Freeside is, minimal advanced technology is required to keep the island running.

As for the bill of sale, my staff has located the original communications between Selenarctos and the Corporate Republic of Ceylon and attached them for your consideration. The agreed upon transaction was clearly specified as a purchase, without negotiation on the part of Ceylon. We continued to pay Guyana and the Lunar Republic as they were successor states to Ceylon, but we do not recognize either of these nations as the rightful owners of Freeside. As you are claim the Solar Empire is not a successor to these nations, the Solar Empire has even less justification to claim Freeside. Freeside is the sovereign territory of Selenarctos, purchased, paid for, and inhabited, and any unauthorized attempts to enter Freeside shall be treated as illegal entry into Selenarctos.

Sincerely,
[i]Dallas Valdés[/i], Secretary of the Economy

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1315179965' post='2794931']
[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1315173218' post='2794855']
[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1315125946' post='2794522']
[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1315106031' post='2794222']
To: The Corporate Republic of Ceylon

Selenarctos would like to purchase an Island 3 habitat over a 30 year payment-plan.
[/quote]

To: Selenarctos
From: Charles Rocketworth, Advisor of Space, Corporate Republic of Ceylon

Where would you like the colony to be located? Side 1, Side 4 or Side 5?
Please refer to this diagram for the location of the Lagrange points, with the yellow body as Earth and the blue one as Moon.

As for the payment plan, 240b/annum is quite good, thank you.
(Total price of an Island 3 habitat is 7,200 billion - divided by 30 results in 240 billion - just for your information, good sirs)

Regards,
Charles Rocketworth
Advisor of Space
[/quote]

Reply:

We would like station to be located at L1 or L4.

A regular payment of 20b NSC per month has already been setup, and the first payment should be received soon.
[/quote]

[Reply]

"Side 4 it is.
Thank you very much for your business."
[/quote]

[b]On Freeside:[/b]

Though if the MOOB's signal reached Earth or not may be in question, Freeside caught and recorded the broadcast on Lunar Republic frequencies accessible by the LR comm system installed during Freeside's construction. The message was passed off to Ferderand Cabrera, Freeside's Mayor, and a forward thinking comm technician isolated the Lunar Republic's comm equipment from the rest of Freeside's systems. Though Freeside's civilian population presented a different demographic than the MOOB, the images of conflict worried Freeside's local police force who began changing as many access codes and reencrypting as many systems as they could reach. Finally the Mayor Cabrera, acting on his own authority, forwarded the Legion's communique ground side using [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65408&st=160#entry3034049"]native communication lines[/url], and sent a highly encrypted message back to the MOOB.

[b]Encrypted to the MOOB:[/b]

This is Ferderand Cabrera, Mayor of the Selenarctos Island 3 habitat of Freeside located at Lagrange point four to Legionnaires of the MOOB. I do not know if your transmission reached anyone beyond my own comm system, but I have forwarded it to Manila and the Legion command. Though I have no way to reach you or help you directly, if you are able to make your way to Freeside we have food, shelter, and medical support available.

[quote][b]Military Dispatch from the Empire of Tianxia:[/b]

We purchased the colonies, we did not lease them, and further they were not from you, they were from a defunct state. We will not recognize any attempt to alter agreements and any attempt to steal our territory will be taken as an aggressive act and be met by the fullest response of the Tianxia Military.[/quote]

[quote][b]Military Dispatch from the Hellenic Space Forces[/b]

After review and communication with allies we must come back on the previous arrangement. New Athens is considered the sovereign territory of the Athenian Federation and while the Lunar Republic might have standing the Solar Empire does not. Any attempt to evict Athenian nationals from New Athens will result in a response.[/quote]

In addition to earlier deployments the HSS Galactica would also be redeployed to New Athens while on the colony itself all encryptions and systems would be changed to Athenian ones. On Earth forces would prepare to take military action against the remaining territory should it be needed.

Edited by Centurius

OOC: Firstly, TBM: Legion technically doesn't even exist anymore. You're either Ireland or Legion. So Moob is de facto white territory and I'm just taking it back.

iKrolm: The OOC post was a clarification of the deal and is completely and entirely valid. It was an 'Indefinite Lease', and in no other way would Ceylon have agreed to it.
Also, if you refer to [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/LagrangePoints.png"]this[/url] image, Freeside is at L4 while Moob is in the lower right of the moon's 4 "quarters", ie the message wouldn't have reached you. At all. In any way.

ANYWAYS. Considering the recent community poll,

[b]IC: [/b]

In Moob, the Legionnaires eventually realised that resisting without Legion actually backing them up there was no chance for them to win. Preventing further bloodshed, they agreed to the Empire's terms, most of them, anyways. The rest, the people who disagreed, fled back to Earth where they would have to get used to 1g again, though if they'd been under Lunar administration, mandatory weekly training to allow them to walk on Earth without problems would've removed any sort of problem from their side.

Meanwhile, the habitats built by the now defunct nation were graciously given to Solar control over the next years with varying terms, some people deciding to see how living under the Empire would be like, most however moving back into their home countries. While the endeavour was expensive for the young nation, it would be worth it, surely.
The prince was happy to see that the other nations were so reasonable, though the Solar transport fleets would be taxed somewhat more than usual with having to move several million people over the next years. But that a more Yeoman freighters were always under construction, that would not be a problem for too long.

All's well that's well, as the saying went.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC: This is the height of petty, I would give an IC response, but this doesn't even deserve one. Except to say that obviously I no longer recognize Lyn's space stuff, and with this move of force coopting territory from 4 different players in space, even if the community votes at some time in the future to make space canon, I will not recognize Lyn's as canon because of this move.

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1350673127' post='3043005']
OOC: Firstly, TBM: Legion technically doesn't even exist anymore. You're either Ireland or Legion. So Moob is de facto white territory and I'm just taking it back.

iKrolm: The OOC post was a clarification of the deal and is completely and entirely valid. It was an 'Indefinite Lease', and in no other way would Ceylon have agreed to it.
Also, if you refer to [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/LagrangePoints.png"]this[/url] image, Freeside is at L4 while Moob is in the lower right of the moon's 4 "quarters", ie the message wouldn't have reached you. At all. In any way.

ANYWAYS. Considering the recent community poll,

[b]IC: [/b]

In Moob, the Legionnaires eventually realised that resisting without Legion actually backing them up there was no chance for them to win. Preventing further bloodshed, they agreed to the Empire's terms, most of them, anyways. The rest, the people who disagreed, fled back to Earth where they would have to get used to 1g again, though if they'd been under Lunar administration, mandatory weekly training to allow them to walk on Earth without problems would've removed any sort of problem from their side.

Meanwhile, the habitats built by the now defunct nation were graciously given to Solar control over the next years with varying terms, some people deciding to see how living under the Empire would be like, most however moving back into their home countries. While the endeavour was expensive for the young nation, it would be worth it, surely.
The prince was happy to see that the other nations were so reasonable, though the Solar transport fleets would be taxed somewhat more than usual with having to move several million people over the next years. But that a more Yeoman freighters were always under construction, that would not be a problem for too long.

All's well that's well, as the saying went.
[/quote]

OOC: Disregarding this post entirely, Stop metagaming me, you dropping out of the community gives you no excuse for crappy rp like you've been doing from the beginning with your non-stop autos. I know you don't have me around to write your combat posts for you like I did when you fought Eva and Mara, but really you've been rping long enough to know better.

You said it yourself, you are non-canon, hence the rules applying to the Legion facility aren't applicable to the rules on the moon. If you are going to be a completely obtuse about this, fine..

I will consult with the GMs as how to run the Moob with the canonical support of the nations on earth whilst not regarding your rp at all. Meaning, if we do not exist to you, you do not exist to me.

IC: With shock and horror the Legionnaires watch as the entire Solar Empire vanishes mysteriously. A call is put out to Athens, Tianxia, and Selectnaros for support in keeping the MOOB in operation.

A message was sent back to the Legion informing them that Athenian help would come soon, the HSS Galactica, HSS Maria Magdalena and several cargo vessels were redeployed to the Moon to aid the Legion in their operations.

A transmission was also sent to Legion, Tianxia and Selenarctos for a conference on the Galactica to determine the future of the now vacant Lunar assets.

Edited by Centurius

With a sudden loss in communcation, and indeed all signs of life from Solar Empire territory, a Kaptan-class Orbital Relay Vessels was redirected from Freeside to investigate Von Braun on the Lunar surface. On board were nine individuals: the vessel's regular pilot, copilot, flight technician, two investigators from Freeside's police department, a pair of doctors carrying medical supplies, and four volunteers from Freeside's general population: muscular men who claimed to be computer technicians and who brought with them an assortment sealed boxes. Given the circumstances, the other five passengers pretended not to notice any irregularities with their companions.

Four orbits above Von Braun and the other Lunar cities produced no radio chatter, save from the MOOB, and on the fifth the pilot maneuvered the ungainly vessel into orbit next to a Solar Empire landing craft reading. The radar scans of the craft registered no interior atmosphere and the craft failed to respond on hailing frequences, like everything else in orbit above the moon. Donning pressure suits, the four 'computer techs' crossed over first, followed by the copilot and both doctors who arrived to find the craft's autopilot powered on and primed to initiate an approach vector.

"Just doing my job," one of the 'techs' joked as he waved the relay vessel's copilot through to the landing craft's cockpit, and only later told the other three 'techs' that the ship turned itself on when he stepped into the cockpit.

In short order, the were descending: the relay vessel shrinking slowly at first, then quickly before it appeared nothing more than star in the sky while the grey lunar surface grew from horizon to horizon. The landing craft was met with no hails, nor any ackwledgement of any kind as it landed: perhaps because the maneuver on autopilot was stricly routine, or perhaps for another reason, but the craft flew true and deposited it's seven individuals at Von Braun.

Expecting the worst: continued fighting from the civil war or disease; famine or a biological weapon released among the population, the small party was completely unprepared for the spectacle that greeted them: nothing at all. Gone were the brilliantly lit plazas from pictures and movies. Gone where the green trees, the plants, and the artificial or imported soil. They were greeted with flat grey walls, carved into the lunar rock. Row after row, cavern, all empty: devoid of life, devoid of people, deserted even by the rats and flies.

"Amazing," muttered the copilot, "After all this time, it was merely a facade."

"So it would seem. So it would seem..."

Being that the MOOB is well occupied and has all the comforts of home a message is sent out offering support of food, shelter, and so forth to those who need it or wish to use it. A detailed list of resources in terms of food items, high quality machine shop support for custom fabrication for mechanical parts, small scale electronics fabrication, medical services, and ample room for housing for the crews and colonists who are in transit.

A message is further sent to Athens thanking them for their offer of assistance.