Lunar Republic Reports

Lynneth

[b][Classified][/b]

Without much fanfare or a big announcement, Lunar expansion on the moon began. The aim: to approximately double the area of influence the Republic had.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing401.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/th_Thing401.png[/img][/url]

The teal area was the previous area the Republic had claimed. Blue were expansions, most notably into the 'south' and 'west'. Considering that no nation other than Cochin had maintained satellites capable of watching the far side of the moon, it was unlikely anyone would notice this expansion.
One thing of note was that an additional lunar city was planned for construction, this one far smaller than [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun"]Von Braun[/url] with its 3.4 million inhabitants, or [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Glushko"]Glushko[/url] with around 800,000 inhabitants.
Approximately 200,000 people would be able to fit into this one, with an estimated 120,000 allocated in the first settlement. The base would be named [i]City three[/i] for the time being; construction would, with the experience the Republic's construction forces had, take less than one year.

Edited by Lynneth

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allyn Hutzell, Haven's minister of science, had once come from the backwards nation of the Temple Lands. How he managed to go from a nation that suppressed technological advancement to being the Minister of Foreign Affairs of a large and growing nation is another story. Since then he has been an avid reader of science fiction novels, and a deep love for all things space related. He had never dreamed that things that he had read in books of fiction would become fact, but the Lunar Republic seemed to be doing just that. The fact that they actually lived up to their name seemed impossible, and that was something Allyn just had to investigate.

[quote]To: The Lunar Republic
From: Allyn Hutzell, Minister of Science for the nation of Haven.
Topic: Lunar holdings

As the minister of science I put it on myself to keep up on the edge of science. With the aid of some certain advanced technology I've found I manage to keep myself at least fairly high tech. The rest of the nation... Ah I get off topic. My aim of this letter is really a request. It has been my dream to go to space and live there, and I believe that man's future ultimately lies in the stars. I have heard of the accomplishments in this category that the Lunar Republic has made, and I am... interested to say the least in seeing them first hand for myself. I've received permission to use funding for the Ministry itself to investigate into the possibility of touring these facilities and the possibility of using them in studies for our own space program.

I would be eternally grateful for the opportunity and the nation of Haven's space program would greatly benefit from any technology I can gleam from such an advanced nation as yours. I hope that you would agree to at least seeing me about this.

Regards,
Allyn Hutzell.[/quote]

[b]To:[/b] Allyn Hutzell, Minister of Science, Haven
[b]From:[/b] Charles Rocketworth, Ministry of Space Technology, Lunar Republic
[b]Topic:[/b] Re: Lunar holdings

"Dear Mr. Hutzell,

Science is something most glorious, something that many people do not appreciate. I am truly happy that you can find joy in it, especially seeing as you are Haven's [b]Minister[/b] of science.
I would gladly receive you in the Republic to show you around our cislunar assets, and perhaps even set up something for our space programs to cooperate a little. Just come to Paramaribo whenever, give me a note a day in advance, and we can do this.

Regards,"

Charles Rocketworth,
Ministry of Space Technology

[b][Classified][/b]

The continued - if secretive - militarisation of space by the Republic required more than just combat vessels.
If actual combat broke out, defenses were required, as well. Luckily, however, it wasn't too hard defending against these threats, most of which were relatively easily seen, as there was a limited amount of vectors they could come from.

"The first thing one thinks of when talking 'weapons in space' are, of course, lasers. However, weaponising lasers isn't the easiest thing in vacuum. Not only do you need a sodding huge aperture for high ranges - aperture effectively being the 'barrel' equivalent of the laser - but the power to generate a beam that was high-powered enough to damage materials commonly used in space travel has to come from somewhere. Accounting for inefficiencies, you'll need humongous heat radiators. Lasers are, with current technology, hilariously inefficient for more than point defense duties in non-atmospheric conditions, and even in an atmosphere, the air and diffraction are enough to make them practically useless over distances more than a few kilometers. If someone fires a large laser in our direction, it better be from an unmanned platform. Otherwise, the crew would get cooked rather easily. Additionally, the laser will have to stay on-target for several seconds to do damage, which can be prevented by rapid movement changes. Unfortunately, there are few other defenses against this sort of weapon.
"Another potential weapon are high-powered radio attacks. They function very much like directional EMP, and the best defense is the same. EMP-harden things, disconnect antennas. That's about all that's needed, really.
"Next up, solid rojectiles like kinetic slugs from railguns, or scattershots: We already have appropriate armouring in use in the Oppenheimer class, and the same sort of passive defense only needs to be applied where necessary. This sort of spaced armour is the best defense currently available, unless someone manages to get railguns accurate enough to fire kinetic slugs at kinetic slugs. Smaller projectiles usually just go plasma upon first impact from the energy, while large ones... You don't want those to hit you. At all.
"Anyways, that leaves only missiles, our weapon of choice. In the usual space environment, missiles are really little more than rockets. Guidance isn't the easiest thing to achieve, considering 3D thrust vectoring isn't the cheapest of things to mass-produce unless you've a [i]lot[/i] of experience with space. Control Moment Gyroscopes are the answer.
"Say you have a solid ball of lead. And a ship built around that. If you use, say, wheels to turn the ball of lead 180 degrees in any direction with the ship as the other surface of traction, and both weigh as much, the ship will turn 90 degrees to the outside observer. If you use lighter gyros and faster turning, you can do some mad rotation without [i]any[/i] use of thrusters. Now, you're thinking, inertia will keep you spinning, no? Wrong. Because you can just use brakes. The rotation of the gyro will be equal and opposite to your own. So if you use brakes to equalise them, the net result is zero. Now, wouldn't a gyro make the missile bulky and huge? No. If you take a very dense and compact gyro mass and spin it very quickly, which isn't [i]that[/i] hard as unlike a wheel, you can get to it from all directions, you can do very fast gyro spins without a lot of cost to volume. Just consider the amount of mass freed up. by not having to use thrusters on the vessel. Just apply all this to the missiles, and we got something interesting to use. Application on vessels is being considered, but will be implemented at the earliest when the Oppenheimer class run is complete.
"But i digress. Regarding defensive systems, scattershot guns or good old CWIS as used on ships and the like are the best options. A swarm of bullets ought to take the hostile missiles down, and the fragments generally are small enough to be defenses against by the 'waffle' armour used currently.
"Lastly, some advocate the use of semi-stationary defensive platforms. Not very useful if you ask me. Fighters in space are useless, as their ratio of mass to carried weaponry is simply too low to be of any use, not to mention the g forces that would kill a human. unmanned fighters, while a remote possibility, still aren't quite as useful as simply building a proper vessel that can actually bring some sort of firepower [i]and[/i] move at reasonably fast speeds. Can't put a fusion reactor into a fighter, can you? So, it's highly likely that 95% of all targets we will engage are either projectiles or hostile combat vessels, with minimal amounts of fighters."

-Excerpt from an elaboration by Charles Rocketworth, regarding weaponry in space and defenses against them

[b][Classified by virtue of being on the far side of the moon][/b]

The third Lunar City was complete after a relatively short construction time, especially when compared to the decade or so it took to build Von Braun.
In the end, it was large enough to hold 180,000 people and had enough farming habitats to provide food for millions of people - and a majority of its own population with jobs. Further agricultural habitats were under construction in proportion to how the Republic's lunar population was expected to grow, of course
A message was sent to the Legion government that City Three was complete and needed only two things now.
A name, and a population.

[b][Classified][/b]

City Three having been given to Legion as gift wasexpected to be turned into a large farming enclave under Legion. It also was likely that, as it and the moon's population grew, another layer or two would be added to keep food supplies going without using too much area, instead using the low gravity of Earth's satellite to their advantage.
With this, industrial expansion needed to be undertaken with yet another city, however. Possibly even two, thuogh the newly claimed regions still had to undergo a survey to find out what resources they contained where, and whether it was even worth expanding there. Furthermore, geological teams were being prepared to survey the last 40 or so percent of the older territory that hadn't been examined yet. The moon was, without question, rich in many resources. Finding and using them would most certainly aid the Lunar Republic against general resource-scarcity, which was expected within the next five decades, if not sooner.
Likely sooner, if the world's militaries kept treating oil, coal and other rare materials so carelessly.

[b][Classified][/b]

Surveys were still ongoing, but the third city under the Lunar Government was taking shape, and expected to hold around 600,000 people, once complete. A name had been decided on already, [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qian_Xuesen"]Xuesen[/url].
This city's main purpose would be to develop the southern regions of the recently claimed lunar landscape, so that they would eventually contribute to the lunar economy and aid with further expansion, be it on the stellar body itself or elsewhere in the solar system.

[b][Still classified][/b]

"How is research on bioweapons going?"
"Rather well, it seems. There are a few possible 'prototypes', if you can call them that, though the incubation time is still too quick. In lab tests, rats died in a matter of minutes, and once the researchers decide to try it on clones, they may die just as quickly."
"And I presume there's a few other things they have to iron out, as well?"
"As usual. Making a cataclysmic disease isn't an easy thing, after all."
"True enough. Anyways, how about the habitat defenses?"
"Those are going ahead of schedule, actually. L1 and L2 habitats are nearly completely protected with point defense weapons - or CIWS, as they're called in naval combat - so that they'l be able to intercept or disable nearly everything thrown at them."
"No stealth in space, and a predictable attack vector equals total interception."
"Yes"
"So, what about the Oppenheimer class?"
"Currently, each of the shipyards has around four to five completed, as far as I know. It'll be another two years until all are done. And then none will be able to oppose us beyond the atmosphere."
"Despite space being rather big."
"Space is big - but there's only so many points of interest. The Lagrange points, the Moon, Earth. In the immediate area, little more than that is of actual interest or use."
"And thus, those are the locations we will be defending with whatever we have."
"Indeed."

[b]*Highly Classified Message*[/b]

Grand Papua would like information on whether there are any space colonies open for sale at Lagrangian point 2. We have had interesting in obtaining a presence in space, and as such we believe buying existing colonies would be the best way to start. I expect to be visiting the Lunar Republic's Earth territories soon.

- From Haman Karn, Grand Papuan Minister of Labor

[b][Classified][/b]

Though Biscotti was attempting to join the Lunar Republic, the relatively short-lived state was made a protectorate of the Lunar Republic, as per the Paramaribo Doctrine. Two divisions were sent there to police the people, and though the style of government changed, the communes and regions were relatively independent. No anarchy was permitted.

[b][Classified reply to Papua][/b]

"There are a few as of now uncolonised habitats, and one or two might happen to be at L2, [i]Gagarin[/i].
Please note that these colonies aren't cheap, and that the 'purchase' would be more like an indefinite lease; Upon your nation ending for whatever reason, it would go back to us, and its people would be offered Lunar citizenship.

With regards,"
Charles Rocketworth

[b][Classified][/b]

Over time, some things changed naturally. Others had to be forced to change.
One of the latter cases was the autonomous region of Vicidalia. With a new Vicidalia somehow coming into existence in North America, MoM advised stepping up the process of peaceful assimilation, advice that was taken.
Within the next weeks and months, the autonomous region would slowly be fully integrated into the Lunar Republic, with all advantages [i]and[/i] disadvantages that came from it. The identity that had been built after the fall of the monarchy would be used to steadily make them less Vicidalian and more citizens of the Lunar Republic.

[b][Semi-Classified][/b]

As part of full integration, MGA and MoS organised full, complete, and very sudden initialisation of state control over former Vicidalian companies, notably including the Compagnie. To fully achieve this, non-essential flights were suspended for several days, while control of any oceangoing ships was heightened to prevent what had happened once before: The higher-ups of the company just taking off with all important documents. This would not be allowed a second time, not for them, and not for any other Vicidalian company and corporation.
Furthermore, MoM surveillance practises were launched properly, allowing them to, in theory, watch every step of a person's waking life, and much of their sleeping life, too. Aside from looking into their dreams and heads, that is.

[b][Classified][/b]

"What are recommended measures to truly defend our nation against hostiles? Why, the first step is ensuring that we can detect everything and anything in cislunar orbit and the related regions of space, most importantly around Earth. Thus, the MST is currently installing the most sophisticated detection equipment available on Earth or in the Republic, ranging from all viable and useful kinds of radar over ladar to thermal and super high-res standard visual detection methods. Working together, the habitats under Lunar control will be capable of detecting practically anything bigger than a baseball within a radius of 100 megameters and nearly anything larger than a softball within MEO. Considering that there is, in fact, no such thing as stealth in space if you desire a moving object such as a spaceship, a missile or a kinetic projectile, anything that moves will be visible. Sophisticated VIs and even experimental quantum computers will assist the crews manning these detection methods.
Now, active defenses, many have already been installed. Point defense lasers, railguns and anti-missile missiles. Everything useful is utilised in case of a worst case. Furthermore, experimental decoys anf chaff will be used to disrupt or confuse hostile sensors and prevent them from locking on to anything important. There will also be passive defenses.
While still in testing, a multilayered and heavy mobile 'shield' may be deployed against individual attacks that are deemed especially dangerous. These shields will be a superdense material facing the projectile, then alternating layers of non-newtonian fluids and highly resistant plates of a strong, classified material. Current estimates are that each such 'shield' will have a mass of at least 2 metric tons, making any impact by kinetic projectiles or missiles as used by our own weapons will barely move them - do note that damage is expected. These shields are to be mobile for a reason. They will defend vulnerable parts of the habitats with incredible efficiency, if they are useful. Measures to encourage the projectiles to turn most of their kinetic energy into heat are currently being evaluated.
Naturally, these are likely not the last measures that will be developed to protect our great nation. All Ministries are tirelessly working to grant us an nigh-indestructible shell through which no hostile will penetrate. Be assured of that."

[b]OOC:[/b] Sadly, I prognosed this and I'm not amused to find myself confirmed in my prognosis.

[b]IC:[/b]

Luckily for the Compagnie, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=109282&view=findpost&p=2927433"]no important documents or monetay reserves were left in the Lunar Republic.[/url] Of course, there were still many administrative records, however, the Compagnie would survive. The fears of Charlotte had came true and for a second time, she had made it out of this somehow. Still, there was a great value just in the factories and warehouses that seemed now lost.

[b]Public[/b]

[quote][center][font="Times New Roman"][color="#4B0082"][size="7"]Declaration by the state of Nouvelle-Vicidalia[/size][/color][/font][/center]

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/D9T1M.png[/img][/center]

As news reach us of the sudden move of the Lunar Republic against assets owned by Madame de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, as well as against Vicidalians in general, the state of Nouvelle-Vicidalia has made a decision to respond to the great amount of damage done by the Lunar Republic and the open hostility we experienced. No longer will we allow the Lunar Republic to act against our people without repercussions by the state of Nouvelle-Vicidalia. We therefor announce the following.

a. The Compagnie du Commerce et des Colonies Vicidaliénnes will once again revert under state ownership by the state of Nouvelle-Vicidalia. This measure, altough harmful to our trade, will be made to ensure the continued existence of the Compagnie and its achievements for the Vicidalian people. It will revert under the control of the Ministere des Affairs étrangeres, which will be restructured to be now the Ministere des Affairs étrangeres, du Commerce et des Territoires d’outre-mer. The Vicidalian state will guarantee for all past guarantees of the Compagnie and will uphold its trade agreements.

b. We demand the Lunar Republic to either return all Compagnie-owned posessions to the rightful control of the state of Nouvelle-Vicidalia or to fully reimburse the Compagnie for the facilities that were seized. This move by the Lunar Republic was a grave insult to the free Vicidalian community and to avoid further worsening in relations, we ask you to follow this request to save what can be saved, despite the incredible irreparable damage done by the Lunar Republics actions.

These is the answer of the Vicidalians to a policy of the Lunar Republic that is not only looking down on our culture, but also on our beliefs and rights.

Signed,

[i]Lisette de Nouvelle Beziérs [/i]
[b]Ministre des affairs étrangeres, du Commerce et des Territoires d'outre-mer[/b][/quote]

[b][To Neo Vicidalia][/b]

"No."

[b][Classified][/b]

"So it is agreed that we have to expand operations as discussed?"
General agreement was the case in this video conference.
"Very well. I expect that a design for an appropriate craft will be delivered in due time. For now, back to work."
The conference ended, leaving some of its participants to think about what they had been discussing, while those responsible for the design began delegating things, as usual.

[quote]Private
To: Lunar Republic
Regarding: Compaigne Assets

My organization would dearly love to expand out economic focus into South America. We are interested in acquiring at a reasonable price some of the former physical assets of the Compaigne. Specifically, docks, warehousing space, and transport. We are willing to pay well for these items.

-Gentleman Johnny Germaine [/quote]

[b][Private Reply][/b]

[b]To:[/b] Port of Sudan Imports and Exports
[b]From:[/b] Lunar Republic
[b]Regarding:[/b] Re: Compaigne Assets

"Mr. Germaine,

We would most certainly be willing to sell up to approximately 35% of the Compagnie's former assets (docks, warehouses, transports) to PSIE. We would merely ask that if you sell them further, no Neo-Vicidalian company will be considered.

With regards,"
Ministry of Terra

[b][Classified][/b]

[i]MWT message to MoT, OMI[/i]
"Recently, a minor weakness has been found with the STACOS Mk.2. Its current armour in the torso area has proven to be insufficient, we recommend usage of flexible depleted uranium plates, 1.3 cm thick, directly under the ceramic armouring. Flexibility is required in case the soldier has to bend his torso, which is likely to happen very frequently. The difficulty to achieve this should be minimal. If the plan is approved, we will be capable of modifying the majority of our infantry armour within three years. If approval is given, survival rates of our soldiers in potential war are likely to be up to 60% higher than without these specialised plates. The added weight (approximated at between 15 and 25 kilograms) will barely, if at all impact the soldier's capabilities on the battlefield thanks to the sophisticated exoskeleton."

[i]MoT response, via OMI[/i]
"We give our approval, though funding limitations will require for upgrades to be carried out over a period of six years instead of three. Thank you for your time."

[quote]
Private
To: Lunar Republic

If you could give us a consolidated position in a coastal city we'd be in business. We are looking for something near the Space Loop for use of transporting goods to the Legion Moonbase and other points of the Caribbean as well.[/quote]

[b][Semi-classified][/b]

With the integration of the former autonomous region, a census had been required, and conducted. The results were rather stunning. A majority of those who had identified themselves as Vicidalians - perhaps 6-8 million of the region's total population - were gone, having emigrated for Nouvelle-Vicidalia. Those who had staid were largely spanish speakers, people from a time when the region was named Venezuela.
As result of these rather unexpected changes in demographics, Spanish-speaking people now outnumbered the Dutch and French speakers, while Portuguese outnumbered the Spanish still.
An effort to change the system over the next years was thus begun, shifting from English/Dutch/French to English/Portuguese/Spanish as official languages of the Republic. In the wake of these changes, the region of Vicidalia was renamed into Venezuela, its regional capital now Caracas. All this was considered a natural change, with the ruling Vicidalian (french-speaking) elite largely removed from power and unable to influence the population anymore.

Edited by Lynneth

[b][Private Reply][/b]

[b]To:[/b] Port of Sudan Imports and Exports
[b]From:[/b] Lunar Republic
Subject: Re: Compaigne Assets

"Unfortunately, none of former Vicidalia's coastal cities are anywhere near the launch loop. We can, however, recommend Cayenne or Macapá, if you indeed wish for facilities near the loop, with direct connection via high-speed maglev rail.

Regards,"
Ministry of Terra

[b][Classified][/b]

"So, what're we looking at?"
Charles Rocketworth once again held a conference, this time, however, not all Ministerial leaders had time to visit the moon, and thus it was held via encrypted satlink.
"A mining vessel."
"Excuse me?"
"You heard right. We currently have a mining craft in development."
"Do you have anything on it right now?
"As a matter of fact, yes."
Rocketworth displayed three images so the others could see them.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/Miner01.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_Miner01.png[/img][/url][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/Miner02.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_Miner02.png[/img][/url][url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/Miner03.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_Miner03.png[/img][/url]

"This vessel will be rather large, likely exceeding two kilometers in length, with powerful fusion torch engines that will be capable of moving not only it, but towing a good-sized asteroid, as well."
"That thing's supposed to go asteroid mining?"

"Indeed! For this purpose, it will be equipped with a 5 Gigawatt laser, with a wavelength approximately corresponding to mid-range UV."
"Five Gigawatt?"

"Yes. Now, assuming that we have an approximately 25% efficiency in turning the reactor's power into energy for the laser, we're looking at a craft that not only uses powerful fusion drives, but needs well over 20 GWatt in power just to get that positively gargantuan laser up and running. Which is exactly what most of its bulk will be housing."
"And how many of these do you propose we build?"

"I would think perhaps five for the time being, to see how efficient they are. If they can get to and from the Asteroid belt in a reasonable time, we may be able to augment our industrial capacities considerably. Perhaps we'll even be able to build a permanent colony in one of the outer orbits. But, that is by no means everything we've got planned.
"Please consider for a moment that we can't siphon water from Earth forever. One day, we may simply no longer have the capacities to do so. Or, hell, the planet could be a radioactive hellhole. What would we do in such a case? We'd die of thirst, most likely, unless we construct something to work against that."
"Which would be?"

"An ice mine. A dedicated platform, attached to a Asteroid Belt object to get ice, turn it into water and ship the result to our colonies. The initial investment wouldn't be cheap, but we would have something to fall back on in case we ever get cut off from the planet's surface."
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/ABO_IceMine.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_ABO_IceMine.png[/img][/url]

"I for one think it's a project we should at least think about, or test."

OOC: Edit: Changed Kuiper belt to Asteroid belt.

Edited by Lynneth

[b]OOC:[/b] Given it was my Compagnie, I would like to point out that Apart from the facilities in Charlottenbourg and in La Ceiba, there are no coastal facilities. The former are the headquarters with a warehouse, the later the naval yard. The complete production facilities are all in the provinces of Nouvelle-Cologne, Nouvelle-Alsace-Lorraine a good distance away from the Coast.And even if you want to say my people turned into Spanish, my facilities should be where I placed them. If you want to sell industry where I didn't say there was industry, sell your own.

[b]OOC:[/b] Might I recommend that you attempt to mine the Asteroid Belt instead of the Kuiper Belt. The Asteroid Belt is about 2-3 AU out there, while the Kuiper Belt is between 30-50 AU. Consequently, it will likely take you over ten years to get there and ten years to get back, whereas you might be able to RP getting to the Asteroid Belt and back within only a year or two. As far as water is concerned? Go mine Europa,(I'd link wikipedia, but unless you copy paste it, the link doesn't work) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_moon. Under a surface of ice, it has an entire ocean of water available and it won't be nearly as nasty as the ice out near the Kuiper Belt, which isn't like the ice you and I are used to, but some nasty stuff that's as hard as rock because of an internal phase transition that occurs at extremely low temperatures.

Edited by Zarfef

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1330011990' post='2926685']
[b][Classified reply to Papua][/b]

"There are a few as of now uncolonised habitats, and one or two might happen to be at L2, [i]Gagarin[/i].
Please note that these colonies aren't cheap, and that the 'purchase' would be more like an indefinite lease; Upon your nation ending for whatever reason, it would go back to us, and its people would be offered Lunar citizenship.

With regards,"
Charles Rocketworth
[/quote]
[b]Classified reply[/b]

We would accept the conditions that the Lunar Republic poses. Could further information be provided, such as the expect price for the lease and the annual upkeep costs? Given that Grand Papua is a major producer of gold, we have a strong economical basis for leasing such facilities.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1330940522' post='2933816']
[b]OOC:[/b] Given it was my Compagnie, I would like to point out that Apart from the facilities in Charlottenbourg and in La Ceiba, there are no coastal facilities. The former are the headquarters with a warehouse, the later the naval yard. The complete production facilities are all in the provinces of Nouvelle-Cologne, Nouvelle-Alsace-Lorraine a good distance away from the Coast.And even if you want to say my people turned into Spanish, my facilities should be where I placed them. If you want to sell industry where I didn't say there was industry, sell your own.
[/quote]
[quote name='Zarfef' timestamp='1330965627' post='2933974']
[b]OOC:[/b] Might I recommend that you attempt to mine the Asteroid Belt instead of the Kuiper Belt. The Asteroid Belt is about 2-3 AU out there, while the Kuiper Belt is between 30-50 AU. Consequently, it will likely take you over ten years to get there and ten years to get back, whereas you might be able to RP getting to the Asteroid Belt and back within only a year or two. As far as water is concerned? Go mine Europa,(I'd link wikipedia, but unless you copy paste it, the link doesn't work) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_moon. Under a surface of ice, it has an entire ocean of water available and it won't be nearly as nasty as the ice out near the Kuiper Belt, which isn't like the ice you and I are used to, but some nasty stuff that's as hard as rock because of an internal phase transition that occurs at extremely low temperatures.
[/quote]
OOC: First of all, send this sort of stuff via PM, please.
Secondly, Eva, please give me the RL names of 'nouvelle cologne' and 'nouvelle alsace lorraine'.
Zarfef: I was tired when I wrote that post, so I mixed the belts up, somehow. For anything else, I am well aware of Europa, and potential problems of ice mining in either of the belts. I've probably spent more time than anyone in this RP thinking about all this stuff.

IC:

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1330966162' post='2933978']
[b]Classified reply[/b]

We would accept the conditions that the Lunar Republic poses. Could further information be provided, such as the expect price for the lease and the annual upkeep costs? Given that Grand Papua is a major producer of gold, we have a strong economical basis for leasing such facilities.
[/quote]
[b][Classified reply][/b]

"The approximate price for the lease would be 180 billion international dollars. Annual upkeep costs depend largely on how you intend to use the colony, but should be under a billion per year."

[b][Classified][/b]

The Winter Contingency had last let the world hear from it on the failed Campinas conference.
It had been a long time since then, and it was suspected that the last remnants of the once immensely powerful Holy America had fallen into anarchy and internal strife. It was thus that 150,000 men were dispatched to the Contingency's possessions both in South America and in Antarctica to secure them as protectorate.
The Falkland Islands, however, would be secured to become part of the Republic and a naval base, with OTH radars to be installed after the Imperial installations had been examined, catalogued and dismantled, if needed. It was thus that the former Empire became subject to the Republic's Paramaribo Dictate.

[b][Public][/b]

A week after securing everything.

"With heavy hearts, we have to announce the fall of the last remnants that had survived the once mighty Holy American Empire. A few weeks ago, we sent forces to investigate the unusual silence from the Winter Contingency and had our fears confirmed: Internal strife had destroyed much of their government, with only local governance being intact.
It is thus that the Lunar Republic officially includes the former Contingency's lands in the Paramaribo Dictate, making all lands but the Falklands its protectorate. The Falklands, which had been completely deserted during the fighting, will be annexed into the Republic and serve as naval base.
That is all. Thank you for your attention."

[quote][b]Classified Message to the Lunar Republic[/b]

The Umbrella Commonwealth seeks to gain Governance over the Falkland Islands. Since I came to power, massive migration of what was left of the Malvinian people, found new homes within the Commonwealth. However, now that the Winter Contingency has unfortunately fallen into anarchy, I wish to propose purchasing the islands from your Government to rehouse the displaced Malvinian population aswell as rebuild the islands to their former stature. I myself am from the Falklands and have overseen their Government since the days of Barney Stone before the first quarantine.

It is my dearest hope that you will come to dialogue over the islands with us.

Signed
Alice Wesker
Chancellor of the Umbrella Commonwealth.[/quote]