Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1319995920' post='2835097']
It wasn't known that Varianz did it until 2 weeks into this war.

Yeah, click [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106028&st=480&p=2825543&#entry2825543]here[/url] for proof. Note that when he was asked for proof that "two high ranking" legion guys knew about it, he avoided the question.

You do realize that all NSO has to do is accept the terms right? We're not forcing them to stay because they were 'mean to us' .. though that does fuel the membership to continue the onslaught.

I think you may have more knowledge of surrender proceedings than I, so excuse my previous comment if I'm overlooking something.
[/quote]

Didn't he state on the OWF far before the war that he spied on Legion IG. That's a dumb argument.

Also, read the last line of his post. It was, at least to me, pretty clear it was a sarcastic comment. Forgive me if I'm wrong...

Hint: You're missing something. I'd provide logs, but I'm not that kind of person, unless someone from Legion gov says I'm lying, then I'll be forced to, of course.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RegentPancras' timestamp='1319995295' post='2835089']
...Conveniently ignoring the evidence that I have already posted which proves this is not the case.

Keep taking your tablets RV.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You pointed out that you were able to find most of them posted in public locations prior to the start of the war. The rest of them, as you might know, had been circulating as well on a smaller scale, but were generally not included with the rest. Because you are too incompetent to find them does not make this any less true.[/color]

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1319996654' post='2835104']
Didn't he state on the OWF far before the war that he spied on Legion IG. That's a dumb argument.[/quote]

In-game spying is not the same as sharing (taking?) screen shots of a private forum.

[quote]Also, read the last line of his post. It was, at least to me, pretty clear it was a sarcastic comment. Forgive me if I'm wrong...[/quote]

I was under that impression as well until he posted in another thread reiterating the fact that he obtained the screenshots directly from the person who took them.

I think he is just saying in that last line that his post will result in a lot of press (which it has).

[quote]Hint: You're missing something. I'd provide logs, but I'm not that kind of person, unless someone from Legion gov says I'm lying, then I'll be forced to, of course.
[/quote]

No I believe you.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319996834' post='2835107']
[color="#0000FF"]You pointed out that you were able to find most of them posted in public locations prior to the start of the war. [/color]
[/quote]
Er, no. I pointed out that your contention that the screen shots had been circulating "for many months" was a lie, because one of the screen shots was only four days old.

In any event the age of the screen shots is a side issue. The point is, they were posted by the leader of the Tetris alliance, which has lead to them loosing ~2/3rds of their pre war NS.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1319996654' post='2835104']
Didn't he state on the OWF far before the war that he spied on Legion IG. That's a dumb argument.[/quote]

Varianz has never admitted to IG spying.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1319996834' post='2835107']
[color="#0000FF"]You pointed out that you were able to find most of them posted in public locations prior to the start of the war. The rest of them, as you might know, had been circulating as well on a smaller scale, but were generally not included with the rest. Because you are too incompetent to find them does not make this any less true.[/color]
[/quote]

His name is Robert Paulson his name is Robert Paulson

Is it me or is that what goes through your head when this moron posts

Not since Matthew pk in the iron/gramlins thread have I read such idiotic postings of one person

[quote name='RegentPancras' timestamp='1319997350' post='2835112']
Er, no. I pointed out that your contention that the screen shots had been circulating "for many months" was a lie, because one of the screen shots was only four days old.

In any event the age of the screen shots is a side issue. The point is, they were posted by the leader of the Tetris alliance, which has lead to them loosing ~2/3rds of their pre war NS.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Other alliances had posted information about Legion long before Tetris, yet you did not retaliate against those alliances. Tell me, what changed in that period? Aside from the fact Tetris was much smaller and much less connected. Would Legion have even dared do what it did against MK or IRON? Doubtful.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320000329' post='2835139']
[color="#0000FF"]Other alliances had posted information about Legion long before Tetris, yet you did not retaliate against those alliances. Tell me, what changed in that period? Aside from the fact Tetris was much smaller and much less connected. Would Legion have even dared do what it did against MK or IRON? Doubtful.[/color]
[/quote]

Would you see MK or IRON taking time to do this to Legion?

[/quote]

Can't win the argument change the argument.

A+ for effort though.

[/quote]
Why is it doubtful? Legion had every right to believe they would get rolled for declaring on Tetris. VE and PB could easily have brought themselves into the conflict as Legion had no way of knowing they wouldn't before declaring. I beleive they declared when they did because they were finally pushed to the breaking point.

[quote name='RegentPancras' timestamp='1319960871' post='2834933']
I wish that the 1/3rd of the Tetris Alliance who sit in Peace Mode would enter the war to let us do just that...
[/quote]
Maybe they're broke :P who knows but I hear ya

[/quote]

Nothing changed except for the type of information that was posted. The previous incidents were posts of Gather Intel operations run on several of our less active members. Each one of those nations that were exposed had very low Spy counts and hence were vulnerable to such attacks. Those attacks didn't rise to the level of direct action, because they posed very little threat to the alliance as a whole; and since they were conducted on a relatively small number of normally inactive nations the information revealed didn't show the true state of The Legion's war preparedness. The nations that were exposed were given recommendations to guard against further intrusions which seemed to stop the attacks altogether.

The posting of private areas of The Legion's forums was a different situation altogether, because it directly violated the sovereignty of the entire alliance. A breach of that nature, in my opinion, will always demand direct action. If you don't agree with that standpoint perhaps you'd allow me access to the private areas of the Sith with permission to post what I find there?

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1320006094' post='2835181']
Nothing changed except for the type of information that was posted. The previous incidents were posts of Gather Intel operations run on several of our less active members. Each one of those nations that were exposed had very low Spy counts and hence were vulnerable to such attacks. Those attacks didn't rise to the level of direct action, because they posed very little threat to the alliance as a whole; and since they were conducted on a relatively small number of normally inactive nations the information revealed didn't show the true state of The Legion's war preparedness. The nations that were exposed were given recommendations to guard against further intrusions which seemed to stop the attacks altogether.

The posting of private areas of The Legion's forums was a different situation altogether, because it directly violated the sovereignty of the entire alliance. A breach of that nature, in my opinion, will always demand direct action. If you don't agree with that standpoint perhaps you'd allow me access to the private areas of the Sith with permission to post what I find there?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You operate under the assumption that Legion is a sovereign alliance. We all know that to be false.[/color]

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1320006094' post='2835181']

[/quote]
So what you're saying is that the breach only became serious because the first time the nations involved weren't very well built? Because as far as I know multiple Gather Intel spy ops against nations on your AA is a pretty serious breach of sovereignty.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320007240' post='2835186']
[color="#0000FF"]You operate under the assumption that Legion is a sovereign alliance. We all know that to be false.[/color]
[/quote]

As far as you're concerned reality is something that happens to other people

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1320007466' post='2835188']
As far as you're concerned reality is something that happens to other people
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Prove to me that Legion is anything but an extension of the New Polar Order. When you can do that for me I will accept that Legion is a sovereign entity. Until such a time, however, whatever claims of "sovereignty" Legion has will remain in question.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320007614' post='2835189']
[color="#0000FF"]Prove to me that Legion is anything but an extension of the New Polar Order. When you can do that for me I will accept that Legion is a sovereign entity. Until such a time, however, whatever claims of "sovereignty" Legion has will remain in question.[/color]
[/quote]

I was really really trying not to get involved in this thread. Really really.

But seriously, what makes you believe that?

To SirWilliam: Maybe not hot. Hott[b]er[/b] would be more correct, I think.

[quote name='Lincongrad' timestamp='1320007790' post='2835192']
I was really really trying not to get involved in this thread. Really really.

But seriously, what makes you believe that?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]From the start of this conflict the Legion, the purple wing of the New Polar Order, has been pushing Polaris's anti-NSO agenda in the peace talks. Talks which the NSO has no interest in. The war is far from over, and will not end until I feel Legion has been adequately destroy. Nonetheless Legion continues to push Polar's "surrender" agenda. The New Polar Order fails to realize that it is in no position to demand anything of us, and is on thin ice. Pun intended. Ha ha.[/color]