Official announcement from the Legion

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1319920255' post='2834640']
And you turn around and !@#$%* at your allies for not doing your heavy lifting for you???
[/quote]
I would have to admit that we didn't quite do as expected. Effectively, Legion has been fighting Tetris, NSO and NsO plus a handful of ill-prepared and unwilling nations from BTA and IAA. Our side could have done a lot better but we failed to meet our and our allies' expectations, considering the kind of situation they were in at the beginning. But they are still holding their own despite the fact that BTA, IAA and NsO nations (100+ potential targets) have been taken off Legion target lists.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1319920707' post='2834649']
130 nations vs 200 nations is even? Keep up the spin, its making you look even more retarded than you already look.
[/quote]

Actually it was[url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhBDJVbPEMSdDJIY1E0U1lwZ2s5NVlXU1pjQ0JBc0E&hl=en_US#gid=0"] 236 against 224, with the coalition outnumbering Legion.[/url]

Keep on spinning, it amuses the rest of us a lot.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1319920707' post='2834649']
130 nations vs 200 nations is even? Keep up the spin, its making you look even more retarded than you already look.
[/quote]

Actually it was[url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhBDJVbPEMSdDJIY1E0U1lwZ2s5NVlXU1pjQ0JBc0E&hl=en_US#gid=0"] 236 against 224, with the coalition outnumbering Legion.[/url]

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1319921807' post='2834659']

[/quote]

We might have had more numbers on *paper* but in reality if you look at the nations participating there was a much different statistic...

EDIT: was and is*

Edited by Tiber Septim

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1319921807' post='2834659']

[/quote]

Its ok *Pats WC on the head* you're "right".

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1319839520' post='2834030']
I dont know if anybody from tetris has replied to this yet, but as the PoC, I can speak for the tetris gov. and say that we greatly appreciate the sacrifices these 3 alliances have made for us, and completely approve of them accepting peace. We will continue our fight, even with the odds we now face, until the two sides can come to an agreement satisfactory to all of us.

Once again, a huge thank you to NsO, and especially to BTA and IAA for standing up for us, even when in the case or the latter two, they weren't obligated to.

One last of these for this war
o/NsO
o/ BTA
o/ IAA
[/quote]

I meant to reiterate this yesterday, but RL is a %#^@& sometimes. Anyway...

Tetris is incredibly grateful for those who fought on our side, even if they were fighting for their own allies and not so much Tetris (IAA, BTA). People may try to bash on IAA and BTA's efforts, and while in some cases, it was less than desirable, at least they came out for their allies and made a good faith effort. Honor is rare in these days and the fact these alliances, no matter how small or inactive, came out says a lot about their character. Besides, you would be a fool to say that IAA and particularly BTA didn't take a few hits this war (I know a 40+K BTA nation surrendered not long ago).

Thank you for your efforts NsO, IAA, and BTA. We appreciate it. You guys are solid allies (well, I suppose allies by extension for IAA and BTA :P ).

For those who were talking about Tetris surrendering and leaving NSO out on the field alone, don't get your hopes up. Tetris is not the kind of alliance who will leave it's allies on the field alone, especially when fighting an alliance much larger than themselves. People may call it pride, but it's simply that when Tetris signs a treaty with another alliance, we are willing to burn for them. I can assure you that our whole alliance will in ZIed before we leave NSO out to dry.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1319922145' post='2834663']
We might have had more numbers on *paper* but in reality if you look at the nations participating there was a much different statistic...

EDIT: was and is*
[/quote]
So your coalition was just a

B-)

Paper Tiger.

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1319899775' post='2834435']
A few days ago our Pro Consul announced that all we require from Tetris and NSO is surrender. There are no punitive reps standing in the way of peace. Bear in mind that I'm not gov but as far as I know this has not changed.

It seems to me that NSO are the ones in a difficult position. They engineered this situation, granted it's not what they wanted but they created it. It's true that the perception of Legion has changed in the last few weeks but NSO's image is the important thing here. They have the means to bring this to an end but pride stands in their way.
[/quote]

NSO image is as it always is. They will go to war when and with whom they please and they certainly have no problem jumping in alone agaist a much larger alliance like Legion. NSO does have pride and it is what has kept them from calling in allies from the start and having you crushed.

I think it is important to keep in perspective what you have done here. You did finally stand up for yourselves. You did manage to hold off a micro alliance and two other alliances who did not do much beyond declare war and then launch about as many attacks as the micro did. So pretty much it has been you VS NSO a much much smaller alliance and thus far you have pretty much managed a draw. Now for any other alliance Legions size that would be an embarrassment, for Legion it is thing of pride. And thats fine. However all this smack talk not only makes you look foolish but it also makes others who were content to not intervene begin to push NSO to let them.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1319922771' post='2834676']
NSO image is as it always is. They will go to war when and with whom they please and they certainly have no problem jumping in alone agaist a much larger alliance like Legion. NSO does have pride and it is what has kept them from calling in allies from the start and having you crushed.

I think it is important to keep in perspective what you have done here. You did finally stand up for yourselves. You did manage to hold off a micro alliance and two other alliances who did not do much beyond declare war and then launch about as many attacks as the micro did. So pretty much it has been you VS NSO a much much smaller alliance and thus far you have pretty much managed a draw. Now for any other alliance Legions size that would be an embarrassment, for Legion it is thing of pride. And thats fine. However all this smack talk not only makes you look foolish but it also makes others who were content to not intervene begin to push NSO to let them.
[/quote]

I just have to note that BTA was a micro too, even smaller than NsO.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1319918899' post='2834620']
Can't wait until the NSO surrender thread.[/quote]

Assuming you could even get NSO to sign off on a document that contains the word 'surrender', I'm not sure that the forums could hold that much baww. A separate forum would likely be required based on what I'm seeing here the past several pages.

Also...I have to give props to Legion.

[img]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/hdhale2/624803.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1319918212' post='2834611']
Speak for yourself. You're well on the way to becoming an anklebiter just like RV.
[/quote]
I was speaking for myself, thanks. And I was speaking to Etaru but perhaps you are his spokesman. My point was that Etaru shouldn't run his mouth and act like he's the scourge of God when he couldn't survive three months in a war. He may have the will but he lacks the resources. Simple as that really.. but in a tit for tat thread perhaps he is making sense to you and the rest of the folks in here. :P

more popcorn, I could comment on the one big post USMC made but I'll refrain. Anyway, look at it this way.

Both you alliances are burning heavily now, Tetris eh no offence just from my past observations and I'm not trying to bring bad blood up. But your fighting ability is lower than most (again no offence intended I'm going off of the reports from zed and motor back when they went rogue). But you've shown resilience in this war which is good, the Legion basically became what you could call the sleep giant which is understandable. NSO has the tough guy act of the old NPO it seems.

Also, everyone seems to forget that Legion has never DoW'd on NSO this war. They declared on us. So the idea of us surrendering, and leaving NSO out there is ridiculous. We were declared on, they defended us. Why in the world would we leave them.

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1319925055' post='2834710']
Also, everyone seems to forget that Legion has never DoW'd on NSO this war. They declared on us. So the idea of us surrendering, and leaving NSO out there is ridiculous. We were declared on, they defended us. Why in the world would we leave them.
[/quote]

Because all they need to do to get peace is say that they've lost, which they have. It's one thing to leave an ally out to dry when they don't have a peace offer on the table, it is quite another when the ally refuses to accept the olive branch given to them and decides to spit in the face of the enemy that has been nothing but fair in their dealings with your coalition.

Of course if you want to continue burning for NSO's pride don't let me stop you, I'm finding this whole war quite amusing...

EDIT: Also Delta won the thread, time to pack up and go home :P

Edited by Megamind

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1319925055' post='2834710']
[/quote]

When you guys coming out of PM? We hate leaving a job unfinished.