Complaining and Grieving

Sincerest congratulations GATO, i'd love to have a look back over a certain thread on the old C&G forums from 2010 which discussed the potential for GATO joining. I'm not sure if you're the sort of alliance that C&G would have let in a couple of years ago, but after talking to some people ~in the loop~ I feel confident that you will grow into the role.

[quote name='NationRuler' timestamp='1316997814' post='2808631']
Seriously, everyone calling GATO a bad alliance is in an alliance of equal or worse quality.

I'm no GATO fanboy, but really, look in the mirror.
[/quote]
GATO is a bad alliance~

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i]What?[/i]

Don't get me wrong, GATO and CnG are pretty much one and the same anyway. But I thought that was always a [i]de facto[/i] thing. What ever happened to the "We won't sign Mutual Aggression Treaties"?

Anyway, cue TIO complaining because GATO didn't like them, and other nations living in 2007 complaining that GATO are still terrible, etc etc. Haven't seen NSO yet, guess we'll have to wait for their party to arrive.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317002864' post='2808679']
[i]What?[/i]

Don't get me wrong, GATO and CnG are pretty much one and the same anyway. But I thought that was always a [i]de facto[/i] thing. What ever happened to the "We won't sign Mutual Aggression Treaties"?

Anyway, cue TIO complaining because GATO didn't like them, and other nations living in 2007 complaining that GATO are still terrible, etc etc. Haven't seen NSO yet, guess we'll have to wait for their party to arrive.
[/quote]

GATO is a capable and honorable alliance that will always deliver on the commitments they have agreed to whether it is the hard thing to do or not, or hopefully CnG will make them that that way. Congratulations GATO.

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1317004145' post='2808686']
GATO is a capable and honorable alliance that will always deliver on the commitments they have agreed to whether it is the hard thing to do or not, or hopefully CnG will make them that that way. Congratulations GATO.
[/quote]

Your sarcasm got all over my shoes...

[i]What?[/i]

[/quote]
Ironfist, we amended the charter to allow MDAPs a while ago specifically to troll you. It worked. :awesome:

@Banksy: :v: MK :v:

[i]What?[/i]

[/quote]

Good to see ya Iron. Hope all is well with you.

We recently voted on an amendment to change our Charter so that we could sign these kinds of treaties.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1317004415' post='2808689']
Ironfist, we amended the charter to allow MDAPs a while ago specifically to troll you. It worked. :awesome:

@Banksy: :v: MK :v:
[/quote]

Well that's silly. I was one of the few GATOans who was in favour of MADPs. When did the charter change?

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317004515' post='2808694']
Well that's silly. I was one of the few GATOans who was in favour of MADPs. When did the charter change?
[/quote]

End of July to the first part of August if my memory serves me correctly.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317004515' post='2808694']
[/quote]

A couple months ago. A few bits of wording in the charter made it so that in certain circumstances we couldn't uphold our oA clauses if we wanted to, so we changed it to blanket allow MDAPs so that it doesn't matter anymore.

We also snuck in the authority to declare war on any nation in the game currently at war.

Oh, and did you know tech raiding has technically always been legal if you get authorization from the MoD and AC?

You'd be surprised the creepy stuff I've found out since actually, you know, reading that thing we call a charter.

[i]What?[/i]

[/quote]
Nah, why bother?

I mean, GATO lets their lackeys do their talking/fighting/acting for them, so ultimately, what is there to criticize?

I'm sure CnG wouldn't have brought them into the fold unless they found the same potential in being their ally that we ourselves gave up on years ago.

Sincere congrats to all involved, btw, and good luck.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317006533' post='2808711']
I mean, GATO lets their lackeys do their talking/fighting/acting for them, so ultimately, what is there to criticize?
[/quote]

I don't want to really get into too much of an argument, but, GATO has lackeys? I feel kind of cheated. I want a lackey.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1317007284' post='2808718']
I don't want to really get into too much of an argument, but, GATO has lackeys? I feel kind of cheated. I want a lackey.
[/quote]
Well, it is a historical trait of your alliance's membership to not be paying attention to what's going on around them.

Not criticizing it, just taking it for granted that everyone is aware of the fact.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317008563' post='2808732']
no u, Really? thats the second time youve used that...please stop posting
[/quote]

Because this is definitely the first time you've used "No, u" or told someone to stop posting, right? Maybe you should stop posting as well. If you do, might I suggest some reading? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy]This[/url] is a great place to start.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317008800' post='2808734']
Well, it is a historical trait of your alliance's membership to not be paying attention to what's going on around them.

Not criticizing it, just taking it for granted that everyone is aware of the fact.
[/quote]

All I can say is they are as informed as they want to be.

[quote name='Soviet Limburg' timestamp='1316983960' post='2808366']
[center][img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/sixers33/cngpo.jpg[/img]
[b]Official CnG announcement[/b][/center]

[b][i]Comrades, friends, Bobians and remaining scum...[/i][/b] Today we are here to celebrate the acceptance of a new member of the most awesome bloc of alliances on planet Bob, quite obviously Complaints & Grievances. After having seen the sun rise in the [i]Pacific[/i]... We have unanimously decided to accept the application of the [b]Global Alliance and Treaty Organization[/b]. We deemed them to be outstanding friends that are committed to go further for their friends than most other alliances.

So, without further ado, I'll present you our signatures:

[b]For the [i]New Pacific Order[/i]:[/b]
No signatures were received...
[/quote]
Sorry about that, we'll fix this clerical error shortly.