Underdog Bonus

Caledfwlch

There was an "underdog" bonus that used to be related to the number of deployed troops. It is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that that bonus no longer exists - or if it does the exact numbers are no longer common knowledge.

There is a "new underdog" bonus afforded to nations which have significantly less tech than their attackers. I believe nations with less tech are receiving the "underdog" bonus in defensive wars.

Thanks, anyone else agree?

There's no denying it, and there's no proof it does or ever existed, I'm sure.

I could be wrong.

A trend started when people with low battle odds tended to win. I don't think it was anything more than a coincidence.

Then you have your conspirators...

Edited by King Mitchell

Well, back in the UJW, I'd deploy minimal soldiers, and have battle odds of below 8% almost every time. I'd run an aggressive attack, it'd say "defeat", but I'd only lose 100 or so soldiers, steal max tech, land, and a handful of cash. And destroy 20 infra.

So when fighting 4 nations at once, I'd get 40 tech a night, at very little cost. I'd refer to that as an "underdog bonus".

Edited by MaGneT

I believe admin himself said it didn't exist.

yes, i remember that. Basically he once said the underdog bonus never existed, so some "win streaks" with specific amounts of attackforces against a defending nation were pure luck.

You can pull battle odds slightly more in your favor at lower odds with a cautious attack, but thats as far as it goes. And in a defensive battle the defender has slightly higher odds of victory

Edited by Smallfrog

If you attack with very low odds you may cause infra damage and steal land and tech, but you will lose money as though you lost the attack (and it will tell you you lost). To me that is all there is to the underdog attack, it is rarely a good strategy to purposefully deploy little in order to get low odds.

If you attack with very low odds you may cause infra damage and steal land and tech, but you will lose money as though you lost the attack (and it will tell you you lost). To me that is all there is to the underdog attack, it is rarely a good strategy to purposefully deploy little in order to get low odds.

I ad to use this in GWIII due to being massively outgunned (RIA was bulky in the lower ranks at the time, but our top tier was rather sparse) as well as having my ability to weild a large military slightly hampered by an unfortunately timed falling asleep. I managed to do max damag in all of my attacks but only "won" one of them. Incidentally, it worked fine for me because my war chest at the time was laughable, so I had nothing to lose.